It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Collision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I don't believe in coincidence. I do believe that even "true randomness" like atomic decay could be understood and predicted if we had a deeper understanding of subparticle mechanisms.

But if we look at scientifically accepted divination like the weather forecast, we see the inherent problem: reactions of influences we are unaware of and unable to see, so in consequence we only arrive at unsatisfying results as "sunny with 50% chance of a thunderstorm".
That is by far not good enough. A good weatherforecast, in my opinion shouldn't be so vague, I want well above 80% with the exact hour of when the storm will arrive and the exact location.

All of our current turmoils come down to a lack of really good "oracles". Because of a lack of understanding of the underlying mechanisms in such important avenues as health, social development, which technologies will become available at what point in time to keep the planet habitable for as long as the sun doesn't swallow us, all possible implications and consequences of scientific discoveries and so on, we're doomed to fly blind. Which in a backfiring reaction causes uncertainty in all above issues.
What house to save first when the whole city is ablaze?
There can't be a satisfying answer to it because of "the fundamental interconnectedness of all things is" (D.Adams). The bakery needs the mill, the mill needs the farm, the farmer needs the hospital, which needs the pharmacy etc *metaphorical!

But in all the "fog of the hazard" one thing cannot and must not be forgotten: optimism.
If you lose that fatalism takes over and the thought "meh why bother?" quickly conquers the mind.
Right now people seem unsatisfied, mildly put, angry, disillusioned, turning against everything and eachother over matters of taste and opinion, which do not need to be as destructive as they are.
To return to the metaphor I used above: the city is burning and instead of even considering to put out the flames, we get out our guns and shoot everybody who seems suspicious, while the true perpetrator was a lightning bolt.

If we knew exactly all aspects leading to this "event" and if we could draw graphs quantifying every aspect of "the human experience" we would probably see that we're in the vicinity of the collision-point of all graphs.
We are feeling the first tremours of an "event horizon" approaching which if we survive will alter ourselves, society and everything human related forever.
It is swinging in the background of all of our heads, we express it subconsciously in everything we produce, we are expecting it since 2012.
It's just really slowly unfolding so it's quite easy to deny.

I don't offer any solution or anything particularly helpful, I just want to say: keep being optimistic.
Play the fiddle while the world burns. Because one day looking back we will understand why it couldn't have been any other way.
That's the thing with oracles and divination if it's good prophecy you will do everything to make it happen, if it's bad you'll do everything to avoid it and both approaches are equally futile.
Because the collision destroys the old and creates the new. And at this stage of our development we are not seeing all the factors heading for collision and even if we were able to alter one line of event there might be a million more who still are heading for that zero point.

Humans are God's/ the universe's promise to a barren cosmos. It is our destiny to complete the act of creation (which is funnily more an act of evolution). Evolution as a whole on the largest possible scale thrives towards higher consciousness, we are creating God, literally. We will develop and spread intelligence everywhere we go, we will seed gardens where before only was desert.
But every advancement needs a crisis to become necessary. Every lesson about life learned is always painful and a story of losses.
Every imperfection is an imperative to improvement.

I/we/Gaia promise you/we/Gaia won't suffer in vain.

edit on 1-8-2020 by Peeple because: Freud!

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Beautiful words

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

So chaos theory then? Read up on it, it fits your thoughts perfectly and doesnt matter if you are optimistic or not.

join