It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House condemns Hong Kong's decision to delay election

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: dug88

It's a question not a suggestion 🤣

And he never said he could actually do it 🤣

Yes, a stupid wanna-be dictatorial question that has a very obvious answer.
An answer that was swiftly pointed out to him, even by his supporters.

so at least you understand it's a question. You know, if you were to explain that to some others here, it would help a lot.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: HalWesten
See the question marks at the end? Three of them? That's a question, not a statement.

Being this obtuse isn't a good look.
So by that regard, if Obama had tweeted out "Jail any white people who are the descendants of slavers?" it'd be all cool right? I mean, he's just asking questions and all. He wouldn't be actually suggesting it.

Adding a question mark isn't a free pass for stupidity nor is it a free pass into testing the waters of dictatorial overreach, and you know it.

originally posted by: HalWesten
More TDS from you.

And take your low grade (and even lower creativity) "TDS" name calling back to the mud pit.

now that is a fantastic example. I commend you on your thinking process.

If the racist asshole Obama (thanks for recognizing his racist behavior BTW) would have tweeted that, it would have upset a great many people. But until he acted on that question, I believe it would fall under the first amendment. Stupid question, but not against the law. Trumps question was a dumb one, but also not against the law. And he may have had an ulterior motive behind it. At least now, everyone knows that no matter what, the election will go on as it's scheduled. And I doubt there is enough time to work out mail in cheating, I mean voting. So we will all be going to the polls as usual.

Again, thanks for the thoughtful words.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

it's a shame they don't teach punctuation anymore. Here in the US, when there is a ? it's a question. When there is three of them ??? it's unmistakably a question. And when there are three of them and some idiot pretends they aren't there, well, that guy looks like an idiot

It's a shame you don't understand the complete meaning of a Question Mark. It is not only used when indicating a question is being asked. It also has other uses as explained here.

a mark of punctuation (?) put after a sentence, word, etc. to indicate a direct question, and also used to express doubt, uncertainty, etc.;

interrogation mark an unknown factor

www.yourdictionary.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

aw, it's a shame they don't teach punctuation anymore. Here in the US, when there is a ? it's a question. When there is three of them ??? it's unmistakably a question. And when there are three of them and some idiot pretends they aren't there, well, that guy looks like an idiot.

When you turn a statement into a question it should be qualified as to why it is being done. Trump, or the writer, didn't do that.
edit on 1-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Really , you could have fooled me . If it is not a game why run a candidate with dementia .

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

Really , you could have fooled me . If it is not a game why run a candidate with dementia .

Why would i be able to answer that ?

You had better ask The Dems.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I did and they said Joe was the best they got

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join