It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Fear, what is it?

Actually it is nothing more than a human emotion. You feel "fear" whenever you are in a situation that you have no control over. For example "hieghts" People are afraid of them because they feel they may fall to thier death. Ignorance is a "Fear" in the meaning we all come to ATS to try and learn about certain topics that are going on, that for the most part we have no knowledge about. Paranormal Studies, Medical Issues, UFO's, War, Religion and so on and so on. These topics are all attributes that play apart in each and every one of our "Fears". So by Denying Ignorance you are stating you will deny "fear". So my question is, now you know the basis for fear, what are you really afraid of and why??? Or can you honestly say nothing scares you and with that being said why are you hear trying to deny that!

Just my thoughts!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's normal to feel fear from time to time.

As long as it is temporary & therefore released, it cannot bind you in an unbeneficial way.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think that the definition ("Fear is being afraid of things you cant control") is redundent. Everyone should know that you are afraid because you're not in control. If someone was pointing a gun at you, you would be afraid, if you were holding the gun you wouldnt. Not only are people afraid of what they cant control, they are afraid of things that are "uncertain". For example, going back to the gun thing, if you had a gun, and your oppenent had a gun you would probably still be afraid because you couldnt be certain of the outcome.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
fear, in its true form, is the bodies way of preparing you for a "fight or flight" response. revving up the engines if you need to bust a move.

a leftover from when we had to run from sabre tooth tigers or hunt animals that coud kill us in the act.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The Gun theory is very admirable but now ask yourself this, If you were not afraid of the outcome, who do you think would come out of that situation alive? Think of it this way, You are not afraid of death or of the gun or of the person holding the gun. With no irrational thoughts of fear plumitting through you dont you think you would be able to asscess the situation and control it yourself? I know your thinking yeah right, Buddy he/she is holding a gun... Loose the fear of the gun.

new topics

top topics

join