It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outside police agencies pulling out of Democratic convention

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

This is interesting to me. I have wondered for months just how the Democrats would handle their convention this year.

What with all the ''protesting''' going on with rioting being it's ugly sister, just how would the Democrats fair should their convention be hijacked by problem makers. Not only anarchists but nefarious conservative operatives as well are, I'm sure making their plans

The convention location has been changed to a much smaller venue with most speeches being video speeches with only around 300 delegates and staff expected at the center. This though still offers a grand target for disruption.

I wonder how the smarter heads in the Democrat Party will deal with this looming problem

Apparently this is a push back by police captians' being ordered to not use tear gas and mace for crowd control

I hope the party can figure out how to handle this because the last thing they should want is anything even close to the protests in Chicago in 68. Those riots were fundamental in swaying voters into electing Nixon. ....

Come on Dems,, learn something will ya?

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wasnt there a bloody DNC in Chi-town in the late 60s?

Stand back, theyre about to out-do themselves

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Yes there was as I pointed out above. It resulted in Nixon.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Butterfinger

Yes there was as I pointed out above. It resulted in Nixon.

Cool, just googled it, making sure there wasnt something else at the time.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Maybe they could employ the PeoudBoys as security or all the Sanders supporters they all have weapons too.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That's just funny!

To paraphrase that great American orator, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright: The DNC's chickens ... are comin' home to roost!

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

They could hire all the defunded and out of work cops as security, though I'm not sure they would be very enthusiastic about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

They've erased all their history. Now they're bound to repeat it. I can't say I pity their ignorance.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
That's just funny!

To paraphrase that great American orator, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright: The DNC's chickens ... are comin' home to roost!

Not, "God BLESS the DNC"........

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

i'd like to see all the politicians who claim to want to defund police have a convention without any security.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The Dems have promised everything under the sun in hopes of getting someone, anyone, to vote for them. They've actually decided defunding police works. Now...they can't find security for their convention.

Do you not see the issue here?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The Dems have promised everything under the sun in hopes of getting someone, anyone, to vote for them. They've actually decided defunding police works. Now...they can't find security for their convention.

I can see the issue.

You can see the issue.

Amazingly, there are many people who are incapable of seeing the issue. Those people are, by and large, liberals and progressives.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Actually Tex, the sad part of almost all of this thread is
probably NOT because of the logical disconnect... but
not having to worry about security at all since the main
body of the protestors (troublists) are aligned Democrats.

If I'm wrong and they whap their own I'll know its time to
invest in bulk canvas tuxedos instead of masks. Case in
point, yeah... Ferguson MO kind of ate itself up... in
fact I'm starting to like being wrong almost all the time.
It's nice to know the world completely diverged from
conventional wisdom: or maybe we never had any [BINGO]

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Betcha they somehow block the viewer count from the virtual convention. Likely those 300 that will attend are going to outnumber online viewers by 250.

Good on the police....take away their means of protection and this is what happens.

Looking forward to the rioting conditions there.....

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Yeah, crazy that. Kind of like when the promoters of the Rolling Stones free concert at the Altamont Speedway in the hills east of San Francisco in 1969 who hired the Hells Angels as security and paid them in free beer.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Maybe there is one DNC operative who monitors ATS who will see this thread and go ''Whaaaa? Maybe we should look into this"

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The issue? It's UGGGGE.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Maybe they could employ the PeoudBoys as security or all the Sanders supporters they all have weapons too.

I think they could put an ad out on craiglist.

DNC looking for Soy Boys with little noodles for security detail
Payment is $25 Starbucks Gift Cards

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

The issue? It's UGGGGE.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Don't you mean what are the dems gonna do with out the cops look'n
out for em? Now that the police are pi33ed at em?

<<   2  3 >>

join