It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There went Gold and Silver prices....Swooosh

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Wow, silver was like 7 dollars back in March.

What's causing it to go up?

Don't think of it as metal prices going up. Think of it as the value of fiat currencies going down.

In an honest market, the price of metals would vary with supply and demand. A new ore discovery or a cheaper replacement for a metal in an industry, price goes down. For example, electronic photography reduced the need for silver in photographs and film, silver prices drop. A new use for a metal or a shortage in ore, prices go up. Example: the use of rare earth metals in cell phones.

But we don't have an honest market. The banks manipulate metal prices to protect fiat currency. But they are limited by real world demand for the physical metals.

Back in March, before the Corona Plague was a thing, the economy was doing well, so it was easier to manipulate metal prices. The reaction to the Plague is an anchor on the economy. Banks are forced to print more money to try to keep the economy afloat. More money in circulation without people actually working for it drops the value of the currency beyond the point where the banks can cover it up, so metal prices will appear to rise.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I have some silver.
A guy I work with has spreadsheets set up, for the silver to gold, then gold to bitcoin.
He goes to value village every weekend and buys the silver spoons, knick knack junk that sits in bags there.
After 3 weekend trips, he spent a total of $30 and in return got over $200 worth in silver.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
My dad used to say watch the Gold and Silver prices, but lets face it this is a likely surge because there is some positive news on the horizon and the gains won't hold.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Star to the thing is all the gold that was mined in the last four and a half years was faked on the comex paper silver in the last 4 .

So the markets on its last legs possibly huh I don't know posted by: putnam6
My dad used to say watch the Gold and Silver prices, but lets face it this is a likely surge because there is some positive news on the horizon and the gains won't hold.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Dang boys....lets party.....120 years of price control........by the evil bunch.......slippin

Now this timing and momentum of the buying may just be a sign of some other catalyst finally shoving the end of the old harlot system out the screen door.....

The world picture is center here....not just Silver and Chase Morgan and Citibank.....our world gonna have a ....

What am i looking for...world gonna get a......waking noo...No .....a slap in the face...noNo No...an idiom change...No....a Biblical event long waited for to bring in the new by 2024.....the possible end of the Epoch.

Silver now....soon a war in Israel and something coming out of the sky.....

Back to economics......naw...economics not squat.....Bible one world govt knocking at our door now....see the trend.

Are we about togo back to how it was......?. Naw

What?

Are you trying to say the price of gold and silver has risien sharply recently?

If so - why not say that somewhere in your post?

My head hurt from trying to follow your dialect.

So to speak...

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

They have suppressed the real price of silver, so without the manipulation I think we might see it around fifty very soon. The last time golds was this high silver was fifty. But these rises are going to get everyone trying to get into a small market, and push the price.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
been saying buy gold silver and bitcoin for a couple years now.
We are witnessing the final over throw of America by the Federal Reserve I believe. This is a plan 120 years in the making.

I expect silver to be gold on steroids. My target as of now for bitcoin is 300,000 in two years. I think some of the "alt coins" will do really well also.

This is the greatest transfer of wealth in the history of the world. Might as well get it on it.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
We are not in Kansas, anymore folks, buckle up.

Soon ats will not be here to pacify, insecurity with arguments either..

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Whats funny is if you buy gold or silver from a provider they know what you have and will confiscate it in a emergency such as a world wide war.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Interesting development , HSBC and JP Morgan are going to stop buying Perth Mints Output because they are accusing them of buying product with the use of child labor in New Guinea , that's rare as they are the most pragmatic Banks in the world . Its family labor in New Guinea, and kids help out. So what's the real reason as Perth mint has the greatest output of physical gold and silver in the world.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Just keep in mind what scripture says about gold in the last days..... "A loaf of bread will buy a bag of gold". Thats why I keep large sacks of wheat berries in my chest freezers. That will be the real gold

I would rather buy ammunition. I never have understood what makes gold and silver valuable to anyone. SHTF, what can you actually DO with it that you can't do just as well with some cheaper material? Now a box of 22s, yeah, people can always find a use for something like that. But maybe it's just me....

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY Yeah who cares if all the economy crashes,I'm sure you have a plan,this is manipulation of money market,power struggle,the NWO wants control of all things

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Just keep in mind what scripture says about gold in the last days..... "A loaf of bread will buy a bag of gold". Thats why I keep large sacks of wheat berries in my chest freezers. That will be the real gold

I would rather buy ammunition. I never have understood what makes gold and silver valuable to anyone. SHTF, what can you actually DO with it that you can't do just as well with some cheaper material? Now a box of 22s, yeah, people can always find a use for something like that. But maybe it's just me....

Have you ever heard the line "something shiny went by"?

This is the epitome of something shiny.

On the other hand, it has been used as a valuable means of trade/barter since Hector was a pup. That is *not* going to change. Especially in uncertain times.

I'd buy the ammunition too though...the two are not mutually exclusive.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I pay cash for coins at a local shop. Thats all they accept

Ammo? Why not have both? I have a safe full of 22, 38S, 357, 45, 50 MAG, and and 12 gauge.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Wow, silver was like 7 dollars back in March.

What's causing it to go up?

This:

So trump is a super saiyan now?
if you dont know look up pic's

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I started buying bitcoin again when it was at $3000 bucks. Ramped that up when I started getting news about what was happening in China.

Today, Bitcoin sits at $11,100 bucks.

Started silver buying at $7 an ounce.

I've made significat amounts of money in the alt-coin/bitcoin market 2018/2020. While my silver holdings have appreciated nicely, not anywhere near the levels of crypto. Crypto is also spendable like you do from debit cards now but without the intervening bank.

Buy bitcoin.

But also buy gold and silver.

And, because it is customary in this thread now, buy # loads of ammunition. I'm partial to 5.56, 9mm, and .22LR.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

He's pressuring the fed to pump him up.

So yeah, that is totally Trump being a super saiyan.

It's the exact opposite of what we should be doing right now.

Donald Trump is definitely from the school of Teddy Roosevelt and John Maynard Keynes, in that order.

Some of it is good some of it is bad. All I can hope for right now is that communists don't get in.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I am not sure if Trump should be urging the fed to keep printing money now, or not, but honestly, the cat of inflation is so far out of the bag it hardly matters at this point. There are just too many (both paper, and digital!) US dollars sloshing around the world. I starred you, because yeah, Trump is being a super saiyan hahah .. nice way to put it

He might as well urge the printing of money to hasten the demise of this silly fiat dollar, and buy something with it before it completely goes to zero. Zero is where it is going no matter what happens next, regardless.

Personally, I am getting out of dollars as fast as I possibly can. I recommend for everyone sane who actually has some dollars left to do the same. Now that the 'cat is out of the bag', you don't want to be the one left holding that bag

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

I guess the real price of gold and silver is what you can buy it for. The Comex exists to keep the price low against the fiat dollar thus giving it worth. The moment you cant exchange your fiat for metal, really is the end. The only thing they can do to control the price , is just adjust the screen price .It seems to be drying up for the average guy to purchase. I heard you can buy Libertads from Mexican Banks I don't know how true this is, perhaps some one on the site can confirm..

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Pure gold!

edit on 29-7-2020 by UltimaRatio1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join