It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80 nanoseconds from disaster

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Basically, 80 nanoseconds is the time that you all have, to react to a certain situation.

Think about it....

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines
a reply to: playswithmachines

I know that the problem came from the ATS web server, just before i tried to post my comment.

Come on, ATS, you can do better than that.

I will post every fling post, every fling word and even every fling thought, and no i would of course never break your guidelines.

But you want to try and 'disappear' my posts??

Ooo don't do that.

It was your fault!
you messt with time and sent a post.
me? so far I just burn things and blow fuses.

I am trying to mutate crees seed with high volts 1,000v to 4,000,000v
I may have some thing. have to repeat experiment.
got the idea from a post on ATS!

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Basically, 80 nanoseconds is the time that you all have, to react to a certain situation.

Think about it....

Doe this have any connection to 8000 femtoseconds?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Drivel ... go to bed

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I realise that i did not answer many of the questions posed here, i will try to answer some of them.

In today's modern electronics, 80 nanoseconds is quite a long time. A complete cycle of this reactor is roughly 32 microseconds, it was designed to run at a fairly low frequency., and if you need to stop it, you need to do it well within one cycle.

Initially this was done by a spark gap or gas filled tube, that would stop the main coil from reaching too high a voltage.
However, the plasma compression is done with current, so that means the greatest current is actually flowing when the voltage is at zero. Shorting the coil at it's peak voltage will send a huge current pulse through the coil, and this of course may initiate another fusion reaction.

Let's talk about the Tokamak for a moment, because those peeps at CERN, ITER, JET and all the rest of them seem to think that you need a hundred million degrees to achieve fusion.
So while they are throwing 12 billion a year into these projects, they are still getting nowhere.

They know this of course, but hey it's one big gravy train right?

If someone gave me that kind of money to play with, i would stall at getting real results, and spend more time on my jacht.
As it is, i have been quietly plodding away with my own meagre budget of about 5000 a year.

To start with, you don't need millions of degrees to get fusion, all you need is pressure. Lots of it.
And you don't need gigantic permanent magnets either, all you need is a time variant magnetic field, or as most of us call it, A.C.

Here is a tube of pure Deuterium at low pressure. It has been ionised using a high frequency field of about 10,000 volts.

I have placed 2 small magnets (about 10,000 gauss, taken from a senseo coffee machine) on each side of the tube, north poles inward. As you can see, the plasma is compressed in the field and it gets very much brighter. Temperature is of course indicated by the emission of photons.

Here is a spectral graph of Deuterium, i built the analyser myself after watching some YooToob video's

After fusing, the D2 will become either normal Helium (He4) but there will also be Helium 3 and a stray neutron.
That is why neutron counters are quite important at this stage. I now have one that uses quantum PIN photodiodes, they can detect a single photon!
The trick is going to be if we can 'tune' the reactor to produce more of one element than the other.

Helium 3 while being slightly radioactive (it's missing a neutron remember) is also worth 20 times more than gold, as i have often pointed out. So our 'waste' from the reactor will actually be worth more than the D2 fuel.

There are many, many aspects and spinoffs that i have not yet talked about, but this may become one of those 'mega threads' that we used to have.

edit on 26-7-2020 by playswithmachines because: correcting the auto correct on my Mac....

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

How could this benefit me? At least stream it on youtoob so that I'm not bored to death.
Talking about blowing up the street could make you disappear and this thread short-lived.
How do you extract energy and isolate elements like He3?
Is this not another endless research like Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project? Fancy but going nowhere?

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
How could this benefit you?
How about a new, safe, and endless energy supply?
No more coal, oil, fission, or other nasty stuff.
This pandemic has caused a recession that will be worse than the 20's. It will take us 15 years at least to recover from it.
If we ever do. The whole economy is so shaky anyway, it won't take much to push it over the edge and we have a complete breakdown of society.

Now, more than ever, we need a solution and free (well almost free) energy is the solution.

Of course TPTB will get a bit upset with me for doing this, but it has to be done.

Even the most advanced reactors today produce steam, which then runs turbines that run generators.
Yes, we are still in the Steam Age.
This reactor converts the fusion energy directly into electrical current.

No moving parts, no steam turbines, no dangerous radioactive waste.

Apart from the Helium 3 of course, but we can either sell it to the Space Force to power their fleet, or we can flood it with yet more neutrons to make ordinary Helium 4....which is itself becoming scarce and therefore expensive.

Maybe i should make a slightly less 'boring' YT video for those members that prefer simple graphics to reading actual words

a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Good luck with this because I agree that the huge projects to build anything worthwhile here are a absolute joke. Im sorry to say that but it seems to be true.

XL5

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
How are you going to safely shield the neutrons from getting out? Also, just tell people how to do it already and be done with it or are you waiting for "them" to pay you shutup money?

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Imagine that you have built an electrical circuit that could handle 8000 amperes at 980+ volts.

Imagine the kind of things that can happen when you switch it on.

Imagine the kind of readings on your instruments, even the so-called shielded elements like the 2 neutron detectors managed to pick up the primary waveform.

Thins nothing less than i expected. My fusion experiments will be duly reported, probably on this thread, since it is the most relevant.

So a 7,840,000 watt circuit?

That would cost $940+ to run for an hour.

Never mind the actual amount of heat that would give off. I don't wanna crunch those numbers.

Also to actually get fusion out of deuterium it needs to hit around 100 million degrees, at least if u wanna have net positive energy production. Pressure is critical but when deuterium hits plasma temperatures magnetic fields are literally the only thing that can contain them.

Please throw up some vids and more detailed information cause these bits and pieces don't add up.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CobaltCPD

Just last week I read that Chinese tokamak has reached 90 million degrees F for 102 seconds.
I think his microsecond experiments wont cut it.
Y😲aaaaaaawwwn!

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ

Just last week I read that Chinese tokamak has reached 90 million degrees F for 102 seconds.
I think his microsecond experiments wont cut it.
Y😲aaaaaaawwwn!

China takes another record. Damn.

I for one welcome our new communist overlords.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Please tell me you have a YouTube channel.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ohh the things like this I wish I could only start messing around with...

I've made hydrogen cells but this is a new level

Please don't get killed by the shadow government

S-f and also digging more into the terminology myself

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
OP, you must be familliar with John Hutchinson? he was my neighbour for a few years, weird trippy guy.

Did lots of experimentation with RF, EM..etc

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Great read and thanks for posting about your experiments. Look at all our own mad scientists out here!
I find this fascinating. I do, and do not, wish you were in my neighborhood (lol) Maybe let us know about what latitude your at so I will know what happened if that degree is blown off the maps!

Just teasin ya, I really love this stuff.
Please don't get dead
edit on 28-7-2020 by Starcrossd because: messed up

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The circuit does not work like that. When voltage is at maximum, the current is zero and vice versa, you can't just multiply the two together. My tests were run in the 500 watt area, and with this model it has been run without fuel until my bunker is finished. There's not much to do with the stray neutrons except A) absorb them, and B) reflect or deflect them. I will be using both options since it will capture the slower neutrons and deflect or scatter the faster ones, giving much less harmful rads / metre.

OK so i will throw up some more stats and info soon, i am kind of busy so don't expect me to be here 24/7

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Well the Tokamak has never worked since it was designed in the 50's

It is almost impossible to have sustained fusion, it is also impractical.
So they throw 20 megawatts into it and it runs for 100 seconds, generating sod all.

Mine kind of works the opposite, the actual fusion part of the cycle is in microseconds.
You don't need millions of degrees if the pressure is high enough, how many times do i have to say that?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Here are some scope images to show a bit more about how it works;

Here the main coil is being pulsed at low power, like a car engine idling.

The bottom trace (purple) is the output of the steering circuit, that just gives pulses at regular intervals, just like the ignition on a car.

The yellow and dark blue traces are the 2 neutron detectors, at the moment they are only picking up noise, since there is no deuterium in the reactor and the field is way too weak.

The pink trace is coil of 20 turns on a small ferrite rod, about 1 foot from the reactor coil, notice that it is just picking up the weak external field.

The green trace is the DC power supply which is about 100 volts.

The light blue trace is the reactor coil itself, pinging away at below threshold.

The top yellow trace is the main switching transistor, which is the same as the purple signal feeding it.
This bis not just a transistor, but the mighty 300GA IGBT, capable of 1200v and 400A continuous rating, it can take surges of 8KA (8000 Amps) Of course that kind of current never flows in the coil but in the plasma.

This coil has 900 turns, and there is one turn of plasma inside, so the current ratio is 900-1
THAT is where the enormous magnetic compression comes from,, and therefore it can fuse at a much lower temperature.

Here it is running at 1500 watts, the 100v from the supply is now about 900 volts on the coil.....

Here the main coil (light blue) is humming away at about 31KHz as it was designed to do.

Notice that there are still no neutrons (no fuel in the core) and there is hardly any external field

There is a new trace (bright pink) at the bottom. This is a pickup coil of 10 turns heavy guage wire around the reactor coil.
This will be used to trigger a HV transformer that ionises the gas just before it gets compressed, this ionisation is critical since it strips away the electrons leaving us only the nuclei to play with, and makes the plasma not only highly conductive but also highly Inductive, since it is the spin of the protons that causes a magnetic field.

Your plasma is now a liquid magnetic superconductor, and you can do all kinds of interesting things with it.

ETA: I actually needed a core of some kind, since the coil needed to dissipate it's energy somewhere.
So i dropped a pair of pliers into the core.
They got hot rather quickly, but the overall power used by the coil dropped by 30% since it could now lose some of that energy.

I have to rebuild the HV unit since it got fried by the main coil last time, that's why i am going for an inductive pickup and a separate HV supply instead, that should be ready by the weekend

edit on 30-7-2020 by playswithmachines because: Addendum.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

I do, and it is still linked in some of my old threads.

But you won't find this project there, or anywhere else for that matter.
This is an ATS exclusive!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join