It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Tobacco. Why you wanna spice up your salad like me

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Ok, bye

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I like the Harmala chemistry myself, I am not that fond of lots of nicotine although the combo is good if there is no nicotine enhancement in the tobacco.

I do know that tobacco can be hard on the stomach if eaten, but not sure if a little sprinkled on salad would be a problem. Anything can become toxic if overconsumed.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: dug88

Dont worry. You are not an insect. Some insect can eat potato leaves and the solanine doesnt kill them. You could kill your cat with chocolate or some harmless essential oil. There are aphids on mine Tobacco btw. It's young but it's already spicy. It's also their only food source, which is not my case either. They eat nothing but Tobacco juice without being poisoned - that's a disappointment if you ask me. I use to see some black gnats on mature plants too though. I think they get caught because the surface is sticky. They use to be on my Cannabis too. The surface is covered by trichomes on both of those plants These gnats dont suck liquid from leaves AFAIK. Their larvae eat the roots and the mature ones eat organic stuff from soil

www.webmd.com...

Nicotine poisoning usually happens in two stages. Symptoms typically last an hour or two after a mild overdose and up to 24 hours for severe poisoning.

You'll get early symptoms within the first 15 minutes to an hour.

Feeling queasy or throwing up

Stomachache

Mouth watering

Quick, heavy breathing

Faster heartbeat

Higher blood pressure

Pale skin

Headache

Dizzy, off-balance, or confused

Late-phase symptoms are more like winding down. They happen 30 minutes to 4 hours later.

Diarrhea

Shallow breathing

Slower heartbeat

Lower blood pressure

Lethargy

Feeling weak, slow reflexes, or unable to control muscles

Seizures

Cigar guys know about nicotine poisoning. It's kind of a running joke, a cigar being so strong (nicotine levels) that it makes you sick from smoking it. In the years I smoked cigars two make me puke. One was while I was doing yard work so I inhaled a lot just from it being in my mouth, the other was just a rocketship that a lot of people had trouble tolerating. And for what it's worth, I HATE nicotine. I chose mostly well-fermented cigars that had little nicotine left in them because I didn't like how it made me feel.

Those days are behind me, even though I love that leaf. I don't miss the smell though and I'm sure my co-workers and family don't either.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You can get used to it fast. Hot pepper is hard on stomach. I enjoy both of them.
With OTHER food it depends. My dosage is usually pretty small. Like a teaspoon or less worth of dried. I'll yet have to find the dose and to test how much it accumulates in the guts when it's not fully digested.
Without food on empty stomach you at least know how much is enough or too much.
So far nothing beats fresh leaves for me. My organic rolling tobacco (Pueblo) is bitter. It has a full bodied virginia blend smoke though. Cigars are ok and kinda special of course.
Over time I may try my favorite pipe blend - MacBaren Mixture. There's a lack of chewing ones in my area. It would make sense with the molasses. To chew and swallow - oh yeah. I was wrong for so many years 😛burning and wasting my food. Lol. I still like to smoke but if I could quit rolling every half an hour when I'm bored and to smoke only cigars on occasions - that would be a progress. This could be the ultimate tool. I mean it is the ultimate tool. There's no doubt in my mind about that right now
edit on 25/7/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/7/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Tobacco enemas for everyone!

Tobacco per anum,

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

No question. A 5 or 7 inch corona is a lot of nicotine. I'm looking for such a a strong brand of blonde cigars (or a strain to grow) that would be economic at the same time. Dark cigars are harsh in throat to inhale while being weak. I always inhale cigars and pipes btw. It's a passion. Cigar is a perfume - "for men". Women swallow and men inhale otherwise it's not real 😎 Beware of fake smokers and former smokers folks. There's a lot of them out there who dont actually love Tobacco. Posers like Arnie who only hold a $100 habana it in the hand most of the time for image. And yeah, I know it's absorbed in the mouth. I want to absorb it everywhere and I want to eat it 😛

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Dude, lol. Nicotine, which is in tobacco, is one of the deadliest poisons.

But please, enjoy.

a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have just noticed that eating some with salted oats with oil feels like it's increasing the amount of stomach acid.
That's interresting. They mention the acid release in the link in the opening post.

Intragastric nicotine at pH
7.4 and 9.8 stimulated gastric acid output either during instillation

I need to check various combinations over time as it' was not my routine, easy to digest food. With a whit of Tobacco.
Well, releasing gastric acid is not a bad thing especially with high protein diet. Most people, older people dont produce enough acid to actually digest food properly and some have to take it. Some are wrongly prescribed antacides and proton pump inhibitors without actually testing their gastric acid levels. I've read elsewhere that heartburns are actually caused by less acid in the stomach which then opens the sphincter.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I ate 0.1 grams of dried herb (which is less than in my 4mm thin cig (i told you I perfected rolling)) and I dont thing about smoking for two hours. That's impressive. Now I'll roll myself one as I ate some food and it wouldnt work as well but I'll repeat this dose several times during the day. Maybe I'll report my findings at least after a week to have more data.

Two more points I wanted to make: I checked some fearmongering sites who list nitrosamines and benzopyrene in chewing Tobacco and I see their fraud - these are the products of combustion. You wont find these in your Spinach nor in Tobacco. There may be nitrates in a cooked Spinach left overnight though. No big deal either IMO. Many chewing Tobacco brands are made of fire-cured dark leaves. I dont like to smoke dark blends either. Their alkaloid content is not higher but smoking them feels like spending a night breathing smoke from a fireplace. I always feel poisoned after a winter overnighter in the woods when I have to burn a lot of wood. Even smoking feels bad in the morning. It hurts so it cant be very good.

Next thing is the BUZZ. Last time I felt so stoned from Tobacco was maybe as a kid or after a proper cig after couple of days without smoking. The buzz is awesome. It was the last time when I ate some with that oily food. Maybe the oil acts as a carrier. I'll have to test it and eat it with a teaspoon of oil if it makes a diferrence
edit on 29/7/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
0.2 gram each hour seems to be more adequate without smoking. It's not magical. The stomach doesnt cooperate and destroys the goodies IMO. It is the amount in my cig btw. Did I say I perfected the rolling?
If that's the case there would be no surplus. Keeping it in the mouth longer, chewing, slowly swallowing and embracing the sensation in esophagus seems necessary untill I find a good carrier. Maybe it's time to do more research and to buy some molasses.
Each meal disrupts the system. I can skip an hour or more of course but it's not a smooth steady happy dose and I soon feel like I want more like in the morning. I got myself a cigar and I can try a smoke-free day tomorrow. It usually doesnt bode well with my depression so we'll see my dedication. It's been two weeks since I quit Coffee and my brain is still more on the unhappy side. And I wasnt dancing from joy before that either 😛
To know how to give the lungs a time-out is still worth it.
Maybe someone finds it helpful too over time.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Turns out that there are nitrosamines in every other vegetable including Tobacco.
And there's more in fermented leaves. Here's a Swedish company producing dip that has less TSNA - The tobacco-specific N-nitrosamines than Brocoli. They kill the bacteria with heat and process it from there. Their site alone is a vault of knowledge. Do they use green leaves or sun dried? I dont know yet but I will. There is a composition of every product in grams so it can used as a recipe. There will be probably a YT video of how they cure it with steam or something. I'll post it if I find it. Sodium carbonate seems to do the trick btw. Glycerol not so much IMO. They are obsessed with a helthy product - just like me 🙂
Swedish Match

For example, the content of the volatile nitrosamine NDMA in 100 grams of fried bacon corresponds to the amount in 17 cans of snus.

B(a)P is an abbreviation of Bens(a)pyrene and is generated from the combustion of organic material and thus exists in nature. Accordingly, it exists in all food, including fruit, vegetables and grain. Thanks to GOTHIATEK®, the levels in Swedish Match snus are low. For example, it can be said that 18 snus cans contain the same amount as 100 grams of grilled meat. The reason for this extremely low level is that we have completely discontinued the use of dry-cured tobacco, which – prior to the introduction of GOTHIATEK® – had been traditionally used in the production of snus.

They also refridgerate their products. You can check a comparisson of various brands here. It's an extensive read:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
*refrigerate

Bump!

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
10 science -based health benefits of using Tobacco tea

There we go. What an idea! Teas dont use to cause the release of stomach acid. I'm giving it a try. I like the taste and I can eat the cooked vegetable afterwards so that I dont waste the precious proteins. I'm not sure how water-soluble the proteins are. I can blend it with other herbs and play with the neurotransmitter chemistry, to make it stronger. Btw Tomato leaves are delicious too. Dont you love their smell? They actually contain some nicotine and mostly tomatin - another cancer-fighting alkaloid
eating nicotine containing produce like peppers, tomatoes lowers parkinsons risk

tomato-leaves-the-toxic-myth
edit on 9/8/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join