It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can hand-saniter be psycho-active?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I have worked in hospitals for years.

Every day I put a pen, torch, set of tubes ohhh and some hand sanitiser in my uniform pocket, it hangs off a little clip along with my id badge and gets used multiple times a day. Its been that way for years and I can safely say other than drying out and cracking my hands at times its not really had any other negative effects.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
You can absorb alcohol through inhalation, so yes I would think it could have a psychoactive effect as a secondary effect while applying sanitizer.

a reply to: halfoldman

edit on 25-7-2020 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

In the US we have been warned not to use methanol based hand sanitizers for months now.

Forbes on the FDA warning.

“Consumers who have been exposed to hand sanitizer containing methanol should seek immediate treatment, which is critical for potential reversal of toxic effects of methanol poisoning,” continues the FDA statement

They have been warning about the methanol products coming out of Mexico.

I know Mexico is allowing its use, but is it possible it's allowed where you are? Ethanol should not be a problem, but do not use anything with methanol in it. Sterno has killed many an alcoholic who are foolish enough to try it out.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Also beware sanitisers and hand washes that have Triclosan in them. Banned by the FDA in America if memory serves. This is why I have avoided hand washes that contain it for decades and stick to bars of soap and it is certainly in many if not all hand sanitisers.
Think this could be a problem more than the alcohol....it's in bloomin' everything! Originally a pesticide to kill bacteria on crops!
www.mayoclinic.org...
www.mayoclinic.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Triclosan

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join