It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Acclimation Project Readying Humanity For Alien Disclosure

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
In the late 1990's there reportedly was a government program called The Acclimation Project, a 10 year program designed to gradually introduce the public to the idea that intelligent alien life was possible. This was to be accomplished through the use and manipulation of the entertainment media, namely books, magazines, tv commercials, TV shows and movies. It was alleged that the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" was a result of a collaboration between Stephen Spielberg and the government (the secret government, that is) and that the government were the ones who initially approached Mr. Spielberg about making the movie. A brief cameo appearance by Dr. J. Allen Hynek, a former researcher for Project Bluebook, was included as a sort of nod to "their" involvement.

And once the 10 years was over "they" shifted their focus towards legitimizing the subject of aliens actually existing by using the mainstream news media as a venue for disseminating their information, as in when astronomers recently announced that there are most likely 30+ different planets in our galaxy with civilizations.

So the narrative would seem to be first "intelligent aliens are possible", and then "intelligent aliens are real", and eventually "intelligent aliens are here".
edit on 7/24/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
There is no disclosure
edit on 22/9/2011 by theruthlessone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Scientists recently announced that there are likely 30+ different planets in our galaxy with civilizations? Did they really? Or did they say planets that COULD possibly support life? do you have a source for that?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I keep waiting for the TTSA ala Tom Delonge to treat us with disclosure, along with his NIDs and the entire G. Knapp posse.

I have to admit that their marketing was great and worked with their targeted demographic really well.

I enjoyed the skinwalker movies and that other one about Bob Lazar.

edit on 24-7-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Scientists recently announced that there are likely 30+ different planets in our galaxy with civilizations?

And , more likely 0

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: theruthlessone
There is no disclosure
Well, of course there isn't, dear.... now go back to sleep....but first correct your grammar please.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Disclosure Coming Soon.

For three or four decades now.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

In the late 1990's there reportedly was a government program called The Acclimation Project, a 10 year program designed to gradually introduce the public to the idea that intelligent alien life was possible.

Then the plan is 10 years behind .
And , instead of reportedly , use the word allegedly.
Also , cite the source.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Scientists recently announced that there are likely 30+ different planets in our galaxy with civilizations? Did they really? Or did they say planets that COULD possibly support life? do you have a source for that?
Your right. My bad. Bad example.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Disclosure Coming Soon.

For three or four decades now.

You're probably right. And while I wait I'll just have to take whatever tidbits they throw out and run with them.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Dr Green - "In a country that has a large, educated population there is a large subset of individuals who suffer from what's called paraphrenia. Paraphrenia is a form of mental illness that doesn't interfere with your everyday life. It means that you can have a delusion and not be crazy, a delusion that you can confine and control. Many of us have one corner of the mind that is delusional - I bet you that I do.

'I might, for example, be religious - I'm an Episcopalian, though as such, I am protected from diagnosis, as are all the UFO buffs, because a large social structure of shared beliefs, like a religion, cannot be a delusion. So all those people who believe that they are being beamed at by the government can no longer be diagnosed as crazy - there are just too many of them.

'But, if there is a condition that is threatening to the social structure - like the idea that the aliens are here and they are taking our babies, or that God hates people of a certain creed or colour - and if people who believe in that kind of delusion band together, they can end up encouraging each other to get a lot sicker, or they strap on belts and make themselves human bombs. So we have to know how to deal with these people and how to prevent them from being dangerous to others.

'This applies to the UFO problem. If something really strange in the area of UFOs is true, then what do we do about conveying that information to the public? First we consider what may be the basic facts: maybe there are civilised lifeforms elsewhere in the universe; maybe they visited us in their spaceships a couple of times and then went back home; perhaps they left a vehicle or some technology behind and we've spent a lot of time and money trying to figure out how to use it. And there may be people in the government who believe that this did happen, and believe that the information needs to be public knowledge, because perhaps someone outside of the government will be able to make sense of their technology. But there's another group of people in power who say, "No, it will make them sick to know all this, we can't let the story out, it's too dangerous." '

John and I glanced at each other. My mouth was dry...Things were getting strange again. Did Kit just tell us that these things happened? Was that a hypothetical scenario he had just presented us with, or one that he believed to be real? Kit continued.

'So, what do we do? There are studies on both sides of the problem. Some show that people will go crazy and jump of bridges when they're presented with this information. Others, however, say that if you don't want them to go crazy, what you do is systematically desensitize their fears.

'If you are a psychiatrist with a patient you can do that in a very methodical way. If you are a sociologist working with a group of students at a university you can do this in a very structured and experimental way. But if you are a government with a population it's a lot more complicated. Sure, there are those who are just going to shrug and say, "I always knew the aliens were real, it's no big deal." But you also know that some of them are nuttier than a fruitcake and could cause a lot of trouble. So we have to ask ourselves how we can tell people what they deserve to know and, maybe, what they need to know?

'The way to do it is to construct a framework whereby they can parse out the things that they've heard that are not true, and you whittle it down to a manageable story. A story like this: "There were three spaceships that came here over thirty years, and we've got one of them. We can't figure out how it works, we've crashed it because there's a lot of physics that we've still got to learn. We do have something that's like a magnethydrodynamic toroid, and it really did get a craft of the ground, but it smelled bad and it killed a couple of pilots. And we're really sorry about that, but we did it because we've got this machine that came from another planet, and we need to know how it works." '

Oh god, he just did it again. I tried to slow my breathing to prevent the giddiness from becoming a full-on panic attack.

Kit carried on, oblivious to my inner struggle. I was glad not to be inside one of his MRI machines.

'How do you tell people that story? If it's true?' he added, almost parenthetically.

"If you were to give them the core story right off the bat, they'd get sick, so you do it slowly over ten or twenty years.You put out a bunch of movies, a bunch of books, a bunch of stories, a bunch of Internet memes about reptilian aliens eating our children, about all the crazy stuff that we've seen recently in Serpo. Then one day you say, "Hey, all that stuff is nonsense, relax, it's not that bad, you don't have to worry, the reality is this..." - and then you give them the real story."

Mirage Men by Mark Pilkington

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Just another Goobermint psych-op . They All of a Sudden WANT Us to Believe in Aliens and the Possible Threat they could pose to the World Order .........

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I am not waiting for disclosure nor do I require it.
I have seen with my own eyes and up close what could only have been something exotic and not made with human hands.
They whomever "they" are have been here and will continue to come here for whatever purpose they deem necessary.
Whether we as a civilization can agree or not will not stop these incursions to our planet.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Am I one of the koi? I am, aren't I?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Dr Green - "In a country that has a large, educated population there is a large subset of individuals who suffer from what's called paraphrenia. Paraphrenia is a form of mental illness that doesn't interfere with your everyday life. It means that you can have a delusion and not be crazy, a delusion that you can confine and control. Many of us have one corner of the mind that is delusional - I bet you that I do.

'I might, for example, be religious - I'm an Episcopalian, though as such, I am protected from diagnosis, as are all the UFO buffs, because a large social structure of shared beliefs, like a religion, cannot be a delusion. So all those people who believe that they are being beamed at by the government can no longer be diagnosed as crazy - there are just too many of them.

'But, if there is a condition that is threatening to the social structure - like the idea that the aliens are here and they are taking our babies, or that God hates people of a certain creed or colour - and if people who believe in that kind of delusion band together, they can end up encouraging each other to get a lot sicker, or they strap on belts and make themselves human bombs. So we have to know how to deal with these people and how to prevent them from being dangerous to others.

'This applies to the UFO problem. If something really strange in the area of UFOs is true, then what do we do about conveying that information to the public? First we consider what may be the basic facts: maybe there are civilised lifeforms elsewhere in the universe; maybe they visited us in their spaceships a couple of times and then went back home; perhaps they left a vehicle or some technology behind and we've spent a lot of time and money trying to figure out how to use it. And there may be people in the government who believe that this did happen, and believe that the information needs to be public knowledge, because perhaps someone outside of the government will be able to make sense of their technology. But there's another group of people in power who say, "No, it will make them sick to know all this, we can't let the story out, it's too dangerous." '

John and I glanced at each other. My mouth was dry...Things were getting strange again. Did Kit just tell us that these things happened? Was that a hypothetical scenario he had just presented us with, or one that he believed to be real? Kit continued.

'So, what do we do? There are studies on both sides of the problem. Some show that people will go crazy and jump of bridges when they're presented with this information. Others, however, say that if you don't want them to go crazy, what you do is systematically desensitize their fears.

'If you are a psychiatrist with a patient you can do that in a very methodical way. If you are a sociologist working with a group of students at a university you can do this in a very structured and experimental way. But if you are a government with a population it's a lot more complicated. Sure, there are those who are just going to shrug and say, "I always knew the aliens were real, it's no big deal." But you also know that some of them are nuttier than a fruitcake and could cause a lot of trouble. So we have to ask ourselves how we can tell people what they deserve to know and, maybe, what they need to know?

'The way to do it is to construct a framework whereby they can parse out the things that they've heard that are not true, and you whittle it down to a manageable story. A story like this: "There were three spaceships that came here over thirty years, and we've got one of them. We can't figure out how it works, we've crashed it because there's a lot of physics that we've still got to learn. We do have something that's like a magnethydrodynamic toroid, and it really did get a craft of the ground, but it smelled bad and it killed a couple of pilots. And we're really sorry about that, but we did it because we've got this machine that came from another planet, and we need to know how it works." '

Oh god, he just did it again. I tried to slow my breathing to prevent the giddiness from becoming a full-on panic attack.

Kit carried on, oblivious to my inner struggle. I was glad not to be inside one of his MRI machines.

'How do you tell people that story? If it's true?' he added, almost parenthetically.

"If you were to give them the core story right off the bat, they'd get sick, so you do it slowly over ten or twenty years.You put out a bunch of movies, a bunch of books, a bunch of stories, a bunch of Internet memes about reptilian aliens eating our children, about all the crazy stuff that we've seen recently in Serpo. Then one day you say, "Hey, all that stuff is nonsense, relax, it's not that bad, you don't have to worry, the reality is this..." - and then you give them the real story."

Mirage Men by Mark Pilkington

Very fitting. Thank you, Mr. The GUT.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You know what's actually going on there? I do, and I'll tell you.

The swans are eating the food, taking a beakfull then drinking water to wash it down. When the swans do this a bunch of food ends up in the water.

The carp have been conditioned. They know that when the swans feed, there's dregs. They don't know where the dregs come from. Or even what the dregs represent. But it's food. That's all that matters to the carp.

Carp also eat swan poop.

edit on 7/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

The Nazi were tripping on mind altering substances and reverse engineered ancient machines they saw in the aether field.

Full disclosure.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You know what's actually going on there? I do, and I'll tell you.

The swans are eating the food, taking a beakfull then drinking water to wash it down. When the swans do this a bunch of food ends up in the water.

The carp have been conditioned. They know that when the swans feed, there's dregs. They don't know where the dregs come from. Or even what the dregs represent. But it's food. That's all that matters to the carp.

So, I am the Koi. But at least there's plenty of us.
And you're the guy standing back, taking the video, I suppose.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Living in a bunch.
Happy, happy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join