It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Play Ball! Opening Day of U.S. Major League Baseball!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hi everyone! I’m watching one of the first MLB games of 2020 - New York Yankees vs Washington Nationals. They are playing a shortened season, and without fans in the stands. I’ll take it at this point. Watching 30 year old games was getting kind of old. It’s kinda weird watching with no fans. The organ is still playing tunes, and the public address announcer is still announcing the players like there are fans i the stands. So it is a bit like a parallel universe. Still, it’s live current baseball, yay! And since it is baseball, I got myself a beer. Better than nothing.

Of course, I still worry about the players/staff contacting COVID-19. I hope and pray everyone will be safe and okay. I just saw a couple of players high five each other. I can’t imagine how hard that is for them to adjust. No high fives. No spitting. No eating sunflower seeds. Definitely different. But beggars cannot be choosers.

MOD NOTE
Reminder....this is the SPORTS forum.....
please read before replying

edit on Thu Jul 23 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: fix link

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

I doubt I’ll be watching much.
The game has changed so much that I just don’t enjoy it anymore.
230 batting averages and 45 home runs...

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Pfft.

Just donate to the DNC directly.

What kind of a reply is that? If you’re not gonna contribute to the thread, don’t bother to post here.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

Not watching after I saw the Giants kneeling and after the Red Sox caved to BLM.

I dont support communism.

OMG really? Do not post politics in my thread!

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I used to love MLB, but then I saw my favorite player kneeling during the national anthem and decided I was done.

Please do not post politics in my thread.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: galaga

Not watching after I saw the Giants kneeling and after the Red Sox caved to BLM.

I dont support communism.

Yep. These idiots ruined sports too. I'll go hunting/fishing.

Again, do not post politics in this thread!

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I am getting sick and tired of people turning every damn thread on this site into a political forum! I posted about baseball on a sports forum. DO NOT POST POLITICAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD! I will be contacting moderators regarding this.

(post by infolurker removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Have not seen it and have no interest in baseball.

Having read this thread, I think the baseball teams and organization have made it political. Not the posters fault.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

you know that doubt you feel for the country is partially doubt of your ego being able to keep people around you right?
edit on 23-7-2020 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I love baseball and my Atlanta Braves too much not to support them.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This reminds me of 2 other threads recently posted....
It's not politics.
It is folks responding to your thread on MLB and why they are no longer supporting it.

I used to be a huge Braves fan until the MLB got so dang boring.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I love the noise of a baseball game on tv being played in the background while a peruse a magazine or work on a puzzle. This will be strange without the crowd noise, unless they pipe it in virtually, like the old laugh Track.
I saw a pregame with people cut-outs placed in the seats behind home plate for the sake of tv...too 😂

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Dr Fauci threw out the first pitch of the season, and from what I'm reading on Twitter, he did his best to make sure that ball kept a very wide social distance from the home plate.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
I love the noise of a baseball game on tv being played in the background while a peruse a magazine or work on a puzzle. This will be strange without the crowd noise, unless they pipe it in virtually, like the old laugh Track.
I saw a pregame with people cut-outs placed in the seats behind home plate for the sake of tv...too 😂

Yeah, there is a second game coming up later tonight between the LA Dodgers and the San Francisco Giants. They have some cardboard cut-outs on the seats. That makes me smile a bit. Different, but fine.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

originally posted by: Metallicus
I used to love MLB, but then I saw my favorite player kneeling during the national anthem and decided I was done.

Please do not post politics in my thread.

I understand your issue with this but unfortunately sports leagues are now participating in politics so it’s hard not to talk about it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join