It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drumroll.... The Washington Redskins are now....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sorry I'm late.

Washington Wedgies.

There.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Dammit I was hoping for the 'Washington generic name #1' that would served as a great name.

Or the board could pull their heads out of their asses, shared a bottle of whiskey and thought it out, the Washington warriors, the Washington Werewolves, etc.

The problem is there will probably be a radio poll, and then we will the announcement of the new name 'Washington am i on air? packers suck, Lombardi was a blowhard!' Just you wait, The LGBT community will come out of the closet (no pun intended) and will request the saints be renamed the new orleans sexual tolerance group.

Sports teams are named after badass animals and humans, redskins were badass, i don't know how anyone could deprive the native americans, they are brave and courageous, it's not racism unless it is defamatory, simple.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to yankee stadium and watch the white oppressors play the san francisco LGBT's. Jeebus christ i'm all for tolerance but some of these PC pussies would make a class action suit against Queer eye for the straight guy because one of the participants were gay.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Bigburgh

My idea: The Washington Virtue Signals

Their logo can be a man with his head up his anus.

Or this😁

Hey, no reason to bring the Broncos into this is there?😁

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I like the Washington Swampers.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Now can be heard the phrase the Washington Football Team football team.

Washington 2FT

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
the washington whitedevils

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
OMG when did this happen? F-ck!!!

I was ignoring the news last week, gotta take breaks from it.

I'm done with major league football, basketball and baseball, sports is not the place to inject politics.

Anyway, if they take away Redskins, when will they change the Cowboys? The original definition of Cowboy is someone who smells like shiz.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
...when will they change the Cowboys? The original definition of Cowboy is someone who smells like shiz.

In that case they should keep the name, it's appropriate.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

haha true!

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

haha true!

I'm looking forward to the eventual name changes for the Cleveland and Atlanta baseball teams. Cancel culture is glorious.

Go Yankees, winners of wars, freers of slaves and completely non-racist.

edit on 27-7-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

haha true!

I'm looking forward to the eventual name changes for the Cleveland and Atlanta baseball teams. Cancel culture is glorious.

Go Yankees, winners of wars, freers of slaves and non-racists.

They can change Texas Rangers baseball team too, the Rangers fought against Indians and Mexicans, plus they where part of the southern empire of slavery.

Next level will be giving land back to Mexico and the Indians; Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma etc... oh wait, they are starting that.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

They can change Texas Rangers baseball team too, the Rangers fought against Indians and Mexicans, plus they where part of the southern empire of slavery.

Yes! Do it.

Give me more, this is addictive.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yes! Do it.

Give me more, this is addictive.

Yes!

Football was stolen from soccer and rugby, we need to cancel that name "football."

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Football was stolen from soccer and rugby, we need to cancel that name "football."

It's so obviously a slap in the face to all the people who are paraplegic or "differently abled." Should be called something less hurtful, like "moveball" or something like that.
edit on 27-7-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

nah they already have the disabled world cup etc

and its still called football

americans just need to get their # together and finally come up with a better name than "american football" and "soccer"

funny you didnt bother changing golf , or rugby to some silly name

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

nah dude

football aka fitbaw , is not being changed to soccer , just because americans cant just use the same name or come up with a better name than "american football" yeh how inventive

maybe something more fitting with the game itself as "feet " are rarely employed in the touching of the ball in "american football"

how about starty stoppy hand ball

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
They could have just changed the name to " the Washington paleskins" surely that would appease everyone

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Can't blame 'em.

I think it's a great passive-aggressive, middle fingered response to the situation while they figure out a new name.

I hope they keep in indefinitely.

Couldn't have said it better.

Just gotta get the KC Cheifs, Cleveland Indians, and Atlanta Braves to all follow suit.

In 5-10 Years every team will be Grey in color and numbered. No team names.

And no score and no winners either.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
They could have just changed the name to " the Washington paleskins" surely that would appease everyone

yeh when the majority of the team are african american i dont think that will fly

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

yeh when the majority of the team are african american i dont think that will fly

What's the bet when rome fell it was at a time when statues were being toppled and everything was being renamed with cancel culture in full swing.
edit on 28-7-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join