It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’ve volunteered to be a guinea pig for COVID-19 vaccine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Wow, gutsy move! Do keep us posted!

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
Yesterday, I did something I never thought I would do. I found a website where I signed up to volunteer to get a COVID-19 vaccine. I was inspired by news articles that stated that people were volunteering to try out various vaccines to combat COVID-19. I am at an age where I feel it could benefit to see how it affects those over 50. I am 56 years old, and live on my own now that my husband is permanently in a nursing home due to a stroke he had in February. I just feel I want to make a mark and help others. Yeah, I know it’s risky. Perhaps my mindset has changed a little since this pandemic started. Instead of becoming more fearful, I decided to be a little more daring. I think I have a purpose here, and I believe God is gently nudging me along this path.

I haven’t told anyone in my family I have done this. I feel my Mom and Dad would be freaked out, and telling my husband is not an option at this point. The last thing I want to do is make him anxious. So I guess this is my little secret, hence my stating it on here. None of you know who I am, so I feel comfortable talking about this on this site.

Am I bat#? Maybe. I do feel strongly committed to doing this though. Whenever I feel that way, I go with my gut. I have faith I’ll be okay in the end. I cannot sit around and do nothing. I served my country for 20 years in the Navy. Now I want to serve my country in a different way. Let’s hope this works out.

Here's hoping you will be just fine and dandy, but yes do the research. Vaccines they have had for decades still kill people occasionally,along with a myriad of other ailments minor and major. The chances of them coming up with an effective vaccine so soon is a million to one, didn't they work on a SARS vaccine till it burned itself out.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I had no idea this thread would get such a response. I greatly appreciate your concerns. Sometimes there comes a point during one’s life where one feels compelled to do something for the greater good. I have such a strong feeling I need to do this. I will keep everyone posted if I am contacted. I believe for every vaccine that has come out, there have been people who volunteered to make sure it works.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Sounds OK, really.

I was a guinea pig for the flu vaccines that people get annually. But during the testing and refinement process I got very sick.

But hey, remember small pox? The World worked together and licked it with vaccine. I've got this big scar on my left arm as a reminder.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

So sorry you got real sick testing flu vaccine.

Yep, I have one of those smallpox vaccine scars on my left arm too. Now I feel freakin’ old.

edit on 7/17/2020 by ChiefD because: Gawd, I hate this IPad virtual keyboard

edit on 7/17/2020 by ChiefD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Whatever happened to Never Again Volunteer Yourself? That was one of the first things I learned in the Navy.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Heh heh, love that acronym! I was one of those crazy peeps who volunteered for everything. I guess I’m a glutton for punishment.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Whatever happened to Never Again Volunteer Yourself? That was one of the first things I learned in the Navy.

I was always partial to Need Any Vaseline Yet

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Thanks Chief, we need more people like you. I don't know when this place became so anti-science with these responses but I wish you luck.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
maybe not but it is not your call.........ChiefD I hope it goes well give us a followup let us know how it goes.......You are doing what you feel is right for YOU........and all who volunteer for this....... much knowledge will be gleaned and we will be better for it

originally posted by: autopat51
that is just NOT a good thing to do!

edit on 17-7-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2020 by research100 because: added lots of .............

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Good luck and thank you. Keep us posted. I hope all goes well.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Thank you.
This is a very important thing you have volunteered for.
Not something just anyone would do.
Makes you a special person.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I wouldn't do it if I were you, they do not know yet what adverse reactions can do to people. I guess around half the people are having side effects with one of the American Made vaccines, although the symptoms were not that bad, a lot dropped out of the second dose of the vaccine because of them. Our immune system gives us a lot of the symptoms of the disease that we have and sometimes the immune system over reacts. Let others do the test, keep safe and wait till they get this vaccine right and figure out how to reverse any side effects if they can. People can have problems in these trials, you are too decent to be dying on us.

I won't get the vaccine till they have used it for a year after proper testing, but then again I have looked at lots of vaccine failures so I am a little paranoid of them rushing a vaccine through testing too fast. I have researched quite a few of the vaccine failures. Not all of them actually hurt people, in fact they do not work at all for some types of people some times which is dangerous too because people believe they are safe when they are not.

I am sorry I do not believe that this vaccine is going to work since they have had no luck with coronavirus vaccines or SARS vaccines so far. I do not believe in fairies either.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Which company's vaccine are you going to take?

It's an injection?

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

originally posted by: JHumm
There will probably be an NDA involved or they may not even tell people what is in the vaccine.

Yeah. More than likely I will need to sign an NDA. I just feel strongly that I should do this.

Lets hope its a winner.
Don't mind the crazies telling you its a bad idea, if you listen to them, you will end up in a cave thinking the badgers are spying on you, and the gay frogs are telling the illuminati all your secrets.

In all seriousness, you actually are participating in something that potentially will save lots of lives. God speed citizen.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I wouldn't do it if I were you, they do not know yet what adverse reactions can do to people.

I did hear something about what covid can do to people....seems an acceptable risk.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD I found a website where I signed up to volunteer to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

edit on 18-7-2020 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I applaud you, drinks on me

Its good to see someone around here putting their trust in science

Im sure you will keep us posted

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Have fun being a guinea pig

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
They are doing a similar vaccine trail in London-a friend of my Bro's has just passed the medical and had his first vaccine,no side effects so far-he has to go back in a week or two to get tested for antibodies.
Anyway,he told me a bizarre thing you may want to watch out for-a number of people having the same vaccine have reported a weird side effect-their cats have been scratching their skin!
Many of those tested who have cats have reported their cats have been scratching them-possibly they sense something different or they can smell the vaccine through the skin maybe..
The doctors doing the trail said they have been including the cat scratches in their reports as its happened more than a few times.
So something to look out for

BTW do you get paid for the test?
My bro's friend gets £280 (approx $500).
Which is not much really-especially if god forbid he gets bad side effects.

Good luck with it

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join