It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Premier Ford: Ford Just Said Canadians Will Probably Be Wearing Face Masks For 'Years' To Come

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: thebtheb

Half the #ing idiots I see don't even wear their masks properly any way. If it's halfway down your face or under your chin, that mask isn't doing # all and no you can't even pull it down to catch your breath...now it's contaminated and needs to be replaced...

This is just one of many known reasons why face masks for the general population are not effective, and can actually make matters worse both for individuals and society as a whole.

And therefore one of many reasons that I don't believe for a minute that mandates to wear face masks is about protecting anyone from anything.

Well, actually, except to protect Dems from losing AGAIN.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Half the #ing idiots I see don't even wear their masks properly any way. If it's halfway down your face or under your chin, that mask isn't doing # all and no you can't even pull it down to catch your breath...now it's contaminated and needs to be replaced...

This is just one of many known reasons why face masks for the general population are not effective, and can actually make matters worse both for individuals and society as a whole.
And therefore one of many reasons that I don't believe for a minute that mandates to wear face masks is about protecting anyone from anything.
So, because some people are too ignorant to successfully use a mask, society as a whole shouldn't bother?
Sure thing.
Kind'a accounts for why the cooties are raging in the States, and falling off here. Yes I hear you knocking...no you can't come in.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

So, because some people are too ignorant to successfully use a mask, society as a whole shouldn't bother?

I'm sure those were really fun hateful words to say, but the truth is that such behavior actually increases the chance of spreading the virus in various ways, in addition to increasing viral loads for those people who are infected, thus causing more severe symptoms and complications. So, in fact and in deed, the mandatory face masks make the situation worse. In many ways.

And this despite there being a much more effective means of preventing infection: Face shields, which not only protects others, but the wearer as well. Certainly not foolproof either, but far more effective than face masks. Which begs the question of why the face mask Stasi aren't wearing face shields to protect themselves, and then they don't have to worry about anyone else.

Kind'a accounts for why the cooties are raging in the States, and falling off here. Yes I hear you knocking...no you can't come in.

Oh please... like I'd seek any kind of refuge in Canada!!! Jonathan Yaniv. 'Nuff said.

I have much better options than Canada and face masks. We all do.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Loll!! In my eyes its a case of.......

'Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.'

If masking up when the pandemic was at its height wasn't mandated

Its a wee bit late now?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Loll!! In my eyes its a case of.......

'Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.'

If masking up when the pandemic was at its height wasn't mandated

Its a wee bit late now?

LOL! Well, yeah, there's that too!

But it serves their purpose I suppose. A false sense of security for some, and a chance to play mini-tyrant by others. Either way, no practical or beneficial purpose for us.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Sure thing.

My original post about '#ing idiots' was actually about Canadians...as those are the people I see every day...seeing as that's where I live.
edit on 15/7/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It's hardly the purge now is it.

Masks retard the spread of the virus depending on the quality of such and the situation in which they are worn.

Like whilst on pulic transport or in any other confined space with large groups of people.

Until a proper vaccine materialises which maybe never and certainly not this side of 2020 our PPE combined with social distancing is pretty much the only tools we have in the bag that can put a dent in the R rate.

I cant see why masks are of any concern really, its prudent to wear one and good manners really.
edit on 15-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It's hardly the purge now is it.

Masks retard the spread of the virus depending on the quality of such and the situation in which they are worn.

Like whilst on pulic transport or in any other confined space with large groups of people.

Until a proper vaccine materialises which maybe never and certainly not this side of 2020 our PPE combined with social distancing is pretty much the only tools we have in the bag that can put a dent in the R rate.

I cant see why masks are of any concern really, its prudent to wear one and good manners really.

I'm afraid you can't see the big picture, can you? For a virus with such a low death rate, the measures being taken are already too much. You talk about putting a dent in it - let it rip through the population and protect the vulnerable. Guess what? This is the ONLY way we have ever gotten on top of any other virus in the past. Literally the ONLY way. We have NEVER done this before, and it's not working, and it's not going to work. And when literally 99.7% of people will not die from this virus, everyone trying to avoid it FOREVER is the worst insanity I have ever seen.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I can see just fine thanks.

As to that bigger picture, even if you could see such, would you really wish to?

Covid 19 is a public health concern with the potential to kill millions of people worldwide just as the Spanish flu of 1918-1919 did before.

Even more so down to the fact that our way of life, transportation hubs, and infrastructure, we have in place across the globe somewhat enable the propagation of the pathogen.

How that's for a picture, because it's not a pretty one.

edit on 15-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

My original post about '#ing idiots' was actually about Canadians...as those are the people I see every day...seeing as that's where I live.
Well, now that masks are mandated here, it should be easier to advise people how to wear them correctly. While I've seen people not wearing a mask when it was appropriate to do so, I have not seen anybody actually wearing them wrong.
Oh, and no need for the potty mouth, and my apologies for assuming you were from south of the frontier.

Oh please... like I'd seek any kind of refuge in Canada!!! Jonathan Yaniv. 'Nuff said. I have much better options than Canada and face masks. We all do.
It would seem that a number of American lawmakers are knocking, and our government is saying no thanks.
Canadians push back as U.S. Congress pressures Canada to reopen shared border
That's what I'm referring to. And no hateful words here. I look forward to being able to visit you guys when things lighten up.
edit on 16-7-2020 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join