It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Flying Saucer, the VZ-9 Avrocar and Project 1794

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

catalog.archives.gov...

Way back in 2012, we were all pretty focused on things like the end of the world, Nibiru, the Maya (and in 2012, some of you were probably more focused on things like finishing homework), and we may have missed a declassified project from the US Government.

The project was called Project 1794.

Now at its final resting place within the catalog archives of a .gov sinkhole, one can go in, and see just what was happening within this secret project, which was taking place in 1955-56.

The project, run by Canadian company Avro Aircraft Limited, had a goal of

analytical investigations and design studies to determine the performance capabilities and design features of a flat vertical take-off and landing aircraft ... design configuration effort shall be confined to the minimum required for demonstration of principles in a practical application

The goals of the aircraft were relatively simple for us, but big for the time. Speeds between mach 3 and 4, ceiling of over 100,000 feet (30,000 meters or something, idk, I count in freedom), and a range of 1000 nautical miles.

This world-first VTOL would gain its thrust by a "turborotor", blowing exhaust out of the sides of the craft, and highly resembling a flying saucer. The project would eventually be scaled back repeatedly, marked for problems of stability and some other issues.

An interesting side note, however, is the designer Jack Frost allegedly joined AAL in the year 1947. with the design being a product of highly theoretical designs and researches. Some call these research proposals "Blue Sky Research", as the end goal of the research is more open-ended in real world application.

Why would it be notable that Frost would join AAL in 1947, and end up proposing his idea of a flying saucer, that would end up becoming a new kind of plane? A high speed, quick turning VTOL? Because 1947 was the year of the Roswell Incident.

Is the VZ-9 responsible for saucer sightings? Probably not. Is the VZ-9 a direct result of back-engineering technology from an unknown source? Who knows.

That's why we open threads, and allow you, the people, to talk.

What do you think about this? Did you know about this project before?

Smash that like and subscribe button for more, and remember to tick the notification bell.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yeah, this thing is old news, like really old.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

bring in the Williams X-Jet also

plenty of info on both

make Colt Seavers the pilot

edit on 14-7-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: link

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Anything other than child diddling and democract v. republican is old news nowadays.

But being a website that was initially founded on talking about these things, I think its important to bring things up every once in a while that might have been discussed in the past, because there are people who don't know anything about it.

If we cover things once, and relegate the topic to the nether, then we are doing a disservice to actual dissemination of the dialogue. To dictate what is deemed detrimental, because of it being duly dual-posted, is the true detriment.

Sorry for the alliteration. Had a thing, went for it.
edit on 14-7-2020 by Iconic because: eta "it"

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic

Anything other than child diddling and democract v. republican is old news nowadays.

But being a website that was initially founded on talking about these things, I think its important to bring things up every once in a while that might have been discussed in the past, because there are people who don't know anything about it.

If we cover things once, and relegate the topic to the nether, then we are doing a disservice to actual dissemination of the dialogue. To dictate what is deemed detrimental, because of it being duly dual-posted, is the true detriment.

Maybe try something more interesting next time.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I'll be sure to send you a copy of my posts before I make them, to seek your approval next time.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I've never heard of it. Thanks for bringing it up.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

Bell end.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

catalog.archives.gov...

Is the VZ-9 responsible for saucer sightings? Probably not. Is the VZ-9 a direct result of back-engineering technology from an unknown source? Who knows.

Avrocar was basically a hovercraft without a decent pair of knickers...in fact no knickers at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Frost? Hay, that was the guy that said he could help me fix my ship. I think he said it was near Rose Well or something. He hit me with a wrench and stole my repair manual. When I woke up, he was gone. I had an extra manual but he gave me a nasty knot on my head and a really bad headache.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
At least post the videos of it's amazing flights next time.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-7-2020 by panoz77 because: added video

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

Bell end for sure
edit on 15/7/20 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Give it modern fly by wire system's, stabilizing technology has come a very long time since this was made.

Other than that at the time it was a white elephant, a money hole that had little to show but it's development.

It's main problem was it's propulsion, it is basically a disc shaped helicopter and not a true flying saucer.

For one of those you have to go back to Nikola Tesla's original Patent and also another guy's similar work.

www.history.com...

Now did THIS guy really invent his or was he a possible - failed - front man for a plan to corporatize Tesla's work by rogue element's that had stolen Tesla's Writing's for themselves?.
exonews.org...

Either way the Avro Car was an interesting concept but one that may have been far behind what may already have existed in some very exclusive hand's - and if so something they are still sitting on for there own benefit while letting the world suffer and all for control and power, clean energy - suppressed, possible anti gravity technology - suppressed etc.

It all comes down to control, idiot's in charge but with all the power and fear of we the people having actual freedom because then they would have no power.

OR to put it another way, keeping us in chain's.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

here is a thread on the Avrocar from 2008 on ATS, plus i know there are other threads that have it in them.
FOIA: Avrocar Flight Test Plan

here is a ATS search with 115 results with the Avrocar mentioned. take your pick.
Avrocar

very old news

edit on 15-7-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

well hell the search on ATS didn't stay up, just type Avrocar in the search box
edit on 15-7-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join