It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: North Korea threatens to build more nuclear bombs to deter war drills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
North Korea indicated that it will produce more nuclear weapons in response to a scheduled US-South Korean military exercise. The Stalinist regime has denounced the war games calling it "nuclear war exercises" and a prelude to an invasion. The U.S. believes that North Korea may have one or two weapons with material for 6 more.

story.news.yahoo.com
SEOUL (AFP) - North Korea says it will strengthen its atomic arsenal in an angry response to upcoming joint US-South Korean military exercises which the communist state denounced as nuclear war games.

The North justified its possession of nuclear weapons as establishing a balance of power to prevent a nuclear holocaust, ahead of the joint war games in South Korea starting Saturday.

"The exercises will be nuclear war exercises aimed to invade the North to all intents and purposes in view of their nature, scope and contents," a foreign ministry spokesman told the official Korean Central News Agency.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Just another day in the bizarre soap opera that is Kim Jong. The Dear Leader as he fashions himself is quite deluded, and as I have often pointed out, behaves like my toddler. That being said, the only dangerous thing my son walks around with is the occasional loaded diaper. Best bet is to ignore Kim and get a coordinated blockade of the North. If China want to side with him so be it, but starving him out seems to be the way to go. Brutal, but perhaps necessary.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Don't forget that western leaders behaved in exactly the same way, decades ago, when the Soviets flexed their muscles. You cannot ask North Korea to behave any differently without labelling yourself as hypocrites, even though western leaders back then (and probably a few now) are just as deranged.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I don't think Kim nor the western leaders are deranged, it's just an armwrestling match and the endresult will judge who was right and who was deranged. For the time being it seems Kim be able to keep the wrestle in a deadlock, so I guess he is at least not Totally deranged...

Who knows, maybe Kim does want to be left alone indeed ? If I am to believe several stories (especially the Japanese that point out that he imports much more than exports provide in money) , he is supposed to have some alternative sources of income , like drugs and forged dollars......

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
North Korea here we grow again. Perhaps killing China's trade agreement with the west for awhile will send the right message. Which name do you like better Made In USA Made In Canada v Made in China.

China should shut down Kim's nuclear ambitions instead of playing Kim against the west by allowing the freak to continue his scary ambitions.
South Korea should also have a 500 billion dollar defence budget and make themselves dominant in that region, assuming there isn't enough time left to rebuild their defences.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Dude, you guys (US) arn't exactly complete buds with the South Koreans, the new youth of SK is a very rebellious lot who dispise alot of things, including the US.

Plus the SK government is also luke-warm towards the US at the moment, some of them believe that the US and the west are to blame for the North Korean crises.

Article from the Washington Times (Originally)
www.wpherald.com...

[edit on 15-3-2005 by rapier28]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
we should sneak attack to make an example to others threatening us, "you want more nukes, well we'll give you one....on your capital"....im not serious but it would be a clear message.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
If not for the US there wouldn't be a South Korea, and are they not about to conduct Joint Military exercises. Dude, south korea is south of the problem -for now. Look North.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Just pointing out that SK could potentially turn problematical for the US if the 2 koreas were re-united.

I doubt that it would be a Japan.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Ahhh good old North Korea seems to be playing with world fears yet again, no suprise crazy Kim had this to say. North Korea wants a war i think, they seem to be trying to push the US into striking them.....hopefully i am wrong.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
we should sneak attack to make an example to others threatening us, "you want more nukes, well we'll give you one....on your capital"....im not serious but it would be a clear message.

That would be a bad idea as thier nuclear program is disbursed underground and difficult to hit and impossible to ensure total destruction.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
And the US didn't think by playing these war games they were being provocative? I must admit a typical and partially expected response from NK.

You are right Fred, this whole US and NK thing is like a soap opera, a very bad and potentially serious one at that.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
They're threatening nuclear proliferation in retaliation for military drills?

Haven't they ever heard of 'proportionate response'?

top topics

join