It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had an encounter with a LaKesha

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I had an encounter with a LaKesha. You know the type an entitled black woman who wags her finger at you.

Do you now want to send BLM to my house to destroy my property? Are you angry at the unjust racial stereotype? Is this mean spirited, racist, and should I be personally destroyed and "cancelled" for even writing such a thing? Yes, you would have a valid case for all of these things.

How about:

I had an encounter with a Gloria. You know the type an entitled rich Hispanic woman in 6 inch stilettos.

Do you know want to send LaRaza to my house to destroy my property? Are you angry at the unjust racial stereotype? Is this mean spirited, racist and should I be personally destroyed and "cancelled" for even writing such a thing? Yes, you would have a valid case for all of these things.

YET: Using "Karen" in the exact same way is now quite popular.

Is it because it is describing a white woman? Well, yes, that is why it is not only acceptable but widely encouraged.

However, it is my contention that this is just as mean spirited, and absolutely racist and ugly as saying I encountered LaKesha or a Gloria.

I have a Grandmother friend whose real name is Karen. She has been discriminated against once people have heard her name. One Karen on social media said she was actually spit at by a stranger when a friend used her name.

My "Karen" is a grandmother of 3, volunteers at the family homeless shelter, and has the worst trait of all for a "Karen". She goes out of her way to call over managers to compliment workers when they do a good job. She fills out cards to turn in complimenting workers. She even sent the TSA a letter when an airport TSA agent helped her catch a flight to her daughter who was near death. She has never complained about any worker, saying they are just having a bad day or we don't know what they are going through.

Yet she has been treated badly several times because of her name.

Whose fault is it? YOURS if you use the racist stereotype of "Karen".

Yes you are labelling and stereotyping people based only on their skin color, and that is racist, ugly and totally unacceptable. STOP IT NOW! Stop being a racist who deserves to have their property destroyed, their lives cancelled and it would be justified according to today's standard of social justice.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Whatever you say Chad......

Lol

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Whatever you say Chad......

Lol

OK Deshawn

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

That's why I usually just call everyone I don't like f*cker.
It's non-stereotypical.

I can hear the jokes now...LaKeisha, Gloria and Karen walk into a bar...

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Well done!!!

I admit I was ready to give you hell... for all the reasons you went on to so beautifully express. I apologize and hang my head in shame.

Your grandmother sounds like an awesome woman and it warms my heart that you appreciate her so.

Well done!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Ok, Boomer-Zoomer Karen.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Good one Laverrrrrne.

I first learned about stereotyping way back in high school in the early 60s. I learned about it in our 'teen studies'' at church.
But back then it was mostly taught only in terms of white people stereotyping of black people, the more abstract nature of stereotyping being suggested overall, but the main focus was on the white of black issue.

Being the good liberal child back then, I believed that once this concept of ''stereotyping'' became general knowledge, it could help put an end to racism. However as is often the case, i was wrong.

Now it seems that stereotyping is not limited to just race but rather to just about all demographics of people what which ever and whatever catagory they can easily be tossed into.

it's so much easier to do that. Take one attribute or action of a person and then just lump them in with those conceptual patterns we allow ourselves to hold..

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I just figure that people are just letting things bother them that really shouldn't.

Retard....special needs

Cripple... Handicapped

Midget....dwarf

Why is being handicapped better than being a cripple?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Being racist toward white people is justified in the minds of critical theory zealots. "Whiteness" is a condition to these people that renders those suffering from it a horrid monster akin to a zombie with no redeemable qualities and the only way to deal with them is to "eliminate" whiteness.

Best part? Dumb# white liberals are helping them do this.

Intersectionalism/Wokeism/Critical Theory is a cancer on society and should be smashed out where ever it is found.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Her name is Wokeisha and we bout to pour up

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
A Karen isn't color specific.
It's the "can I speak to your manager" b-word.
Kevin is the male version.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

They have smashed the Patriarchy and are now leading the Wokeyarchy.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
A Karen isn't color specific.
It's the "can I speak to your manager" b-word.
Kevin is the male version.

You are wrong, it is only used about and referring to white women, it is totally based on skin color, as is Kevin used the same way.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I agree.
A karen is a white woman with short mom hair and an entitled attitude.
Although it is mom about attitude than skin color.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Sorry. Off subject. Other than unloading a wheel chair, I don’t get the whole handicapped parking space thing. People have to park 5 feet away from a supper Walmart that is 179,000 square feet in floor size?

edit on 9-7-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

People with breathing problems need to park close as well. Extreme heat and cold are difficult for some.
Also most will grab a scooter when in the store.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Cripple... Handicapped

Whoa easy there pal, the current PC term is handi-capable (so I've been told).

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Good point.

Cripple..
Handicapped...
Handi-capable...

Call it what you will but they still can't walk.

It's just like this karen thing...
Ok.. We won't call you karen.
We'll just go back to calling you bitch.

Apparently that's better.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't disagree with that. The re-naming so as to not offend. In a way it's just like saying, gosh, instead of God, or gee whiz instead of Jesus. Both are attempts to clean up swearing. That list goes on and on.

But I think that those old slang terms have more than just the words themselves that offend, not so much the words themselves but the intent or emphasis surrounding the word. I'm all for cleaning that up but not for ridiculous over-reach that it's gotten to to day, Chaaaad.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

a reply to: underpass61

Good point.

Cripple..
Handicapped...
Handi-capable...

Call it what you will but they still can't walk.

It's just like this karen thing...
Ok.. We won't call you karen.
We'll just go back to calling you bitch.

Apparently that's better.

Bitch is much better, thank you. It is not racially charged and does not cause strangers to spit at random women whose parents named them Karen through no fault or choice of their own.

I like Bitch, it is great to use in this instance. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join