It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price of Silver looks very bullish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It seems strange things are happening in the world of Silver, JP Morgan has been making good money by owning 20% of the market, but because people have been buying futures contracts and demanding physical delivery owing to worry of money printing, their reported amount in their vaults have been falling. The vid gives the facts that since they are under investigation for price manipulation. They will have to do one of two things, stop shorting,and let the price rise. Or continue shorting and loose their silver stash due to the demand for physical delivery demand.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Silver and crypto are starting to take off again.

I'm holding on to significant amounts of silver right now. I stopped buying at around $12.30 USD per troy ounce so my holdings are just growing. Most of my investments are DeFi-massive investment in crypto, lots of silver, and some gold. My money is tied up in decentralized networks and enterprise blockchain systems.

JP Morgan has been under investigation for price-fixing silver markets since 2008. Nothing has come of it.

edit on 7 8 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

JP Morgan has been under investigation for price-fixing silver markets since 2008. Nothing has come of it.

If they dug into JP Morgan, a breadcrumb to the fed might be found.

Fiat currencies inherently need prices to stay down. If they moved in true fashion to inflation, it could cause decreased confidence in money or even panic.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

It doesn't matter about the price fixing because a real market will always fix that because of supply and demand. The interesting take is they are now in a catch 22 .Whatever way they jump will increase the Silver price. The only trouble is getting it isn't easy Perth Mint have a three month delay on kilo bars of silver, And the spot price isn't the market price premiums are stinging.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Comex is a scam, the true price of Gold and Silver are, in reality, 3x higher.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee
$25.71 per oz.
70 to 1 ratio for gold, according to the video.

edit on 8-7-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm starting on the low, low end of investing. I put $70 into the stock market in mid April for the first time ever, knew nothing about it. I'm up to around $250-$300 from it right now, depending on how I did that day, from buying and selling different stocks that are having surges or if I think they're going to be booming later that week. I need less of the painful lessons on the risks of this risky endevour but I'm learning from the mistakes. If I had put $70 into one company 3 months ago, I doubt I would've gotten so much return unless I had been extremely lucky.

I think it's called short selling and day trading, both of which I've learned are frowned upon by many investors. Considering what I started with and what I'm doing, I think I'm doing good. Robinhood.. steal from the rich and give to the poor right?

My plan is to withdraw small amounts to my savings regularly so I don't lose too much of it while I'm asleep at 9am one day once I get more buying power. If I'm ahead by $50 after a couple of days of trading, withdraw half it so that I'm increasing my stock buying power and my "real" money at the same time (which I never touch except for emergencies of course).

Investing money isn't increasing as fast as it could but my bank statement is looking more secure. If only I can be successful at it for the next few years, I should be building a little egg for my low income self. Granted, I'll stop the risky trading more as I have more invested. But until then, this is my masterplan.

If it fails, it's alot of fun and puts "free" money into my pocket.
edit on 8-7-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

Good Vid with Mike Maloney saying the same thing, some thing is definitely up, if they run out of physical gold then they will be going for the other PM 's as a life boat. Silver the first, but Platinum is rarer than gold and a lot cheaper.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
In the 70's the Hunt Bros. cornered the sliver market
and the price was over $50/oz but there
were no consequences.

If they are trading silver it makes sense to
buy and sell at the market price but only demand
will drive up price. Gold is not as tied to
demand as emotion plays a part.

a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Heck yes, silver, I make silver rings, etc, always nice to stack silver and then melt it into pure silver rings, etc. I do feel when I sell a silver ring I am getting ripped off, u see I give someone a silver ring with value and they give me paper in return that is not worth the paper it’s printed on......trading money for fiat cash baby.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Considering what I started with and what I'm doing, I think I'm doing good. Robinhood.. steal from the rich and give to the poor right?

Unless you're actually using Robinghood.

They sell their clients trade data to the big traders. They use that to ride the waves of retail investors.

I used Robinhood for my first licks and moved my funds to TDAmeritrade. TDA also has reps you can call and talk to when you need some help or information. Try that with RH, you have to email them and are lucky to hear back in a month.

I'm still in the stock market, but with great skeptism... I smell f**ery afoot. I could see the rug coming out at any time (after November).

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Bullish silver & PMs (as I have been for over 10 yrs now)

anonentity I sent you a U2U

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I like silver, gold, and other decentralized assets. However, the federal reserve and other nations' central banks simply won't allow them to reflect the true value of their currency. It's simply too threatening to their continuity.

I'm continuing to play the market and have stop losses in place. I'll also utilize the low interest rates to lock in some real estate to protect myself from inflation. When the rug comes out of the market I'll just take that money and pay off my loans and voila, I guarded my assets from inflation.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I’ve been watching crypto a bit lately and have noticed that as well. A long while back, was messing around and I had bought some Dogecoin, just to try things out. Sold it about a week ago cause it was a slight loss and didnt think it’d go anywhere, as its a fairly lesser known/valuable one. Just checked the price on it yesterday and it nearly doubled in value in that week or two since. Noticed bitcoin seemed to be going up a bit as well. Makes me kinda wish i had more patience to get in early and just hold on to the stuff and let it ride out tile either it booms or completey bottoms out. Wouldnt hurt me financially if it bottomed out as i dont invest so much as it will have a negative impact on my future if it did flatline.

top topics

join