It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah, what's up with that donate button?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Was the final concensus on the donate button a resolute nay, or were we ever going to be able to actually donate funds personally to the ATS cause if we felt like it?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Bump.

There should be a button readily available so that it directly feeds into some paypal account. If you really want to get the donations rolling in, you could give user incentives to donate like maybe...Bronze,Silver,Gold status. Or possibly just 500 points for ever $/£ donated. What do you think?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Quality content free of polarized political bickering is the best possible donation you can make.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Quality content free of polarized political bickering is the best possible donation you can make.

Haha.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I so not be one to say this but I must , I was willing to give to ATS out of anger for a failed option, that while with modifications has been restarted, but I was refused the information to make my donation.

I think that those pationate should give to ATS, but it should not be solicited.... We should however have access to the information required to send funds in an off main stream area such as u2u or email requests.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I am 100% serious when I say that the most effective donation is the slightly extra time it takes to make great posts.

Sites that accept donations foster a culture of expected special treatment for the select few able to donate cash.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I don't think so in some cases. It works on a site by site basis. I have seen donaters get banned on other sites for going against the rules.

As I said, it's site by site and you don't know until you try it.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Agreed with SO. His site, his rules...

If the money isn't needed that badly, that is a good sign anyway.

I'll just continue giving to the firefighters and the disabled Veterans of America. We can use it.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Agreed with SO. His site, his rules...

If the money isn't needed that badly, that is a good sign anyway.

I'll just continue giving to the firefighters and the disabled Veterans of America. We can use it.

Thanks.

isn't it Simon's site???

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
What would the money do for the site besides help pay for bandwith?

I believe that sites that allow donating create a hierarchy of those who have donated and a sub-class of 'free-loaders' who were not able to donate money

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Yah, you hear that DC? the man is saying ~QUALITY~ and ~BICKER FREE~ thats what the man is saying..........at least that is what I am hearing

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
When has anyone ever known me to be a polar bickerer? Oh, wait...

Besides, there could be no debate without some degree of polarized thought processes. Why would people with the same viewpoints debate? Well, for fun, I guess.

So I'm guilty. Sometimes I'll argue against my own beliefs just to be in the fray. So i guess that makes me selectively bi-polar. Great. I'm even more of a headcase than the feds know.

They'll never catch me!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

I have tried it in the past. I am still to this very day greatful for the money contributed to the cause of keeping ATS alive in it's early days years ago.

However, the best way to donate to ATS is to make awesome posts. This draws in new visitors and good reviews on other sites. This is the best donation we could have, increasing popularity!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
However, the best way to donate to ATS is to make awesome posts. This draws in new visitors and good reviews on other sites. This is the best donation we could have, increasing popularity!

See Mr DeltaChaos? I was right and you know it........bow down now......

You just have to dig DEEP into your information prior to spewing is all......
~Simon Says~ and he is in charge!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
THANK YOU MISS LIPPY!!!

You have now caused me to create a completely worthless and futile post!!! Oh, you are in so much trouble!!!

You will pay for your insolence in FLESH!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

Originally posted by DeltaNine

I have tried it in the past. I am still to this very day greatful for the money contributed to the cause of keeping ATS alive in it's early days years ago.

Alrighty. Every post I make is awesome, though. It's because I'm just damn awesome.

But I do wonder, what reviews are there on other sites? Isn't everyone else the competition?

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
THANK YOU MISS LIPPY!!!

I'll show you some lip allright..................it's NOT my fualt when you waste precious thread space. That choice you seem capable of making on your own tyvm

(I just enjoy pointing that tidbit out to you).

new topics

top topics

join