It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators Move To Make UFO Data Public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I doubt the Senate Intel Committee will get much back of noteworthy mention but...at least they are trying to pry a few sealed files open.

Sorry I do not have much faith in certain government agencies and their transparency.

Lawmakers in the Senate Intelligence Committee are moving forward with a request that would order the Defense Department and U.S. Intelligence agencies to create a public, unclassified, collection of all information and data on “unidentified aerial phenomenon,” also known as unidentified flying objects, UFOs.

According to The NY Post, Senators recognized the existence of a “Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force” and the need for a comprehensive analysis of unidentified flying objects.

“In his report attached to the 2020-2021 Senate Intelligence Authorization Act, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, acting chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, instructs the director of national intelligence, the secretary of defense and other agency heads to compile data on ‘unidentified aerial phenomenon,'” according to The Post.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You have to start somewhere with disclosure... I would love to eventually see some alien autopsy documents.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'd vote for anyone from any party who can make that happen.

I wonder how The Senate Intelligence Committee got the idea. Who between them suggested it, or it came from an external demand?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Sweet. We’ll have to keep an eye on which stocks they dump and buy after their classified briefs so we can gauge how successful this might be.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
We have 2-3 threads on this on the first page no less

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

You live in, at least on the surface, a Democracy that included the right for your public to know what your government spends THERE tax money on.

But is it a good idea to give out Data to anyone, Data that may contain sensitive information that could be used to track and monitor your nations own sensitive air craft development projects or would that be against your best interests when and where it comes to national security.

Does national security OVER RULE the right to know, obviously it should but does it.

As for other types of Data that do contain information about genuinely unknown craft I believe that your right to know AND investigate is actually in your nations national security interests.

Why, well common sense really, the general public and the data they gather and research is among some of the best intelligence - if not the most reliable - that can be trawled by national security agency's and if they and government information about UFO's (that are not secret test programs) are collated by the many dedicated civilian researchers.

This Data that they can then gather from the independent civilian researchers can then actually help your own Security agency's and military keep track of not only unknown's but also of potential hostile incursions by unfriendly foreign powers (and give them a clue as to the other sides hidden capability's).

Therefore I think that within certain limitations what these representatives are asking for is entirely reasonable and even very beneficial BUT then there are those certain limitation's that remain remain and to put that in a nutshell as best I can Agency's should NOT disclose information that may compromise national security interests such as secret air craft development projects - for example a sighting of an unknown in an area were testing is occurring may be something you would not want the public to investigate - even if the object seen was a genuine unknown as it may lead those members of the civilian research community to open a potential can of worm's that may prove harmful to the integrity of the security surrounding any secret development being carried out in such an area.

It may clear thing's up for the public but could be entirely counter productive as not only the public would then have free unhindered access to this but also enemy's of your nation would.

This is a dangerous world full of backstabbing international psychopaths in places of very high power, never more dangerous than when they are all smiling at one another and even in times of tension such as today threat's may still come from unexpected sources, to compromise national security at a time like this is actually a fool's action.

edit on 26-6-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I'd vote for anyone from any party who can make that happen.

I wonder how The Senate Intelligence Committee got the idea. Who between them suggested it, or it came from an external demand?

I don't know if you remember this from a year ago:

www.politico.com...

The program office that controls this subject went around DC last year giving briefings to Congress, the White House, and other senior officials. For some reason, the program office wanted to be asked to write this report, so the Senators obliged them.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I think I remember it now. Anyway, too many circles to do this.

It's elections time, if you know what I mean.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here in the ring we have two contenders...

If only we had an outside force to bring us together as controlled sheep.

VS

Gov liability for all the anal probing, laser beam mutilations and abductions from a KNOWN and
then publicly lied about sitchachien?
Blocked energy tech for unneeded metering of peoples energy for control and profit.
Possible colonization of other planets being hidden from public.

I'm guessing neither win.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: Corr

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Public as making the things that are in the hands of US gov public? It is known that most is behind private contractors so nice try. GG EZ

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

You live in, at least on the surface, a Democracy that included the right for your public to know what your government spends THERE tax money on.

But is it a good idea to give out Data to anyone, Data that may contain sensitive information that could be used to track and monitor your nations own sensitive air craft development projects or would that be against your best interests when and where it comes to national security.

Does national security OVER RULE the right to know, obviously it should but does it.

As for other types of Data that do contain information about genuinely unknown craft I believe that your right to know AND investigate is actually in your nations national security interests.

Why, well common sense really, the general public and the data they gather and research is among some of the best intelligence - if not the most reliable - that can be trawled by national security agency's and if they and government information about UFO's (that are not secret test programs) are collated by the many dedicated civilian researchers.

This Data that they can then gather from the independent civilian researchers can then actually help your own Security agency's and military keep track of not only unknown's but also of potential hostile incursions by unfriendly foreign powers (and give them a clue as to the other sides hidden capability's).

Therefore I think that within certain limitations what these representatives are asking for is entirely reasonable and even very beneficial BUT then there are those certain limitation's that remain remain and to put that in a nutshell as best I can Agency's should NOT disclose information that may compromise national security interests such as secret air craft development projects - for example a sighting of an unknown in an area were testing is occurring may be something you would not want the public to investigate - even if the object seen was a genuine unknown as it may lead those members of the civilian research community to open a potential can of worm's that may prove harmful to the integrity of the security surrounding any secret development being carried out in such an area.

It may clear thing's up for the public but could be entirely counter productive as not only the public would then have free unhindered access to this but also enemy's of your nation would.

This is a dangerous world full of backstabbing international psychopaths in places of very high power, never more dangerous than when they are all smiling at one another and even in times of tension such as today threat's may still come from unexpected sources, to compromise national security at a time like this is actually a fool's action.

I bought cameras on Amazon a while back and they were phoning home to China. I was like wtf? I only figured it out because it was making me lag when playing games. I tried to warn people with a review on Amazon but the listing was gone.
Scared the crap outta me for sure. I even thought about contacting someone about it because I didnt know if anyone knew about it and seemed like a pretty big deal, at least to me, at the time.

Lol crazy stuff.
edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago3103699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

No such rights are delineated in the Constitution.
The Framers themselves kept secrets after all.
There have been laws passed about openness requirements, but every single one contains an exemption for national security.

Harte

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Please contribute additional comments to previously existing thread located here.

Thanks!

Thread closed.

top topics

join