It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PBS Frontline full length and commercial free on YouTube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Kind of a trivial thread, but for those that didn't know or are looking for decent free content, PBS has many or all of the Frontline series on YT.

Say what you want about PBS, but the Frontline series has some good investigative journalist pieces. They're rather dry and filled with information, just the way I like it, and I can look through some bias so long as I know that it's there and which way it's leaning.

I'll start you guys off with some of the ones I really enjoyed.

China Undercover- This one was really good and dives into the survelance state they have going on, and the situation the Uyghers are in.

Bitter rivals: Iran and Saudi Arabia- Long but incredible. This one delves deep into the history between the two and how we intertwine.

In the Age of AI- This one is pure nightmare fuel, but I'd rather be creeped out than ignorant.

Let me know if you all remember any episodes that stood out to you. I've been watching these here and there when I'm in the mood for a documentary or informative type piece since I've blown through most of my streaming services.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Kind of a trivial thread, but for those that didn't know or are looking for decent free content, PBS has many or all of the Frontline series on YT.

Say what you want about PBS, but the Frontline series has some good investigative journalist pieces. They're rather dry and filled with information, just the way I like it, and I can look through some bias so long as I know that it's there and which way it's leaning.

I've no problems with PBS, though I can guess there are those who do, probably no guess really!

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I've no problems with PBS, though I can guess there are those who do, probably no guess really!

I'd say they lean a little left, though they're certainly nowhere as extreme as the corporate pundit entertainment media.

Though in the Saudi/Iran episode, they seemed to IMO put a positive light on the US/Iraq war. That seems to validate Chomsky's allegation that almost all US media is pro war at the end of the day. While some may talk negatively or critically from time to time, at the end of the day they'll generally promote American exceptionalism.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I'd say they lean a little left, though they're certainly nowhere as extreme as the corporate pundit entertainment media.

Though in the Saudi/Iran episode, they seemed to IMO put a positive light on the US/Iraq war. That seems to validate Chomsky's allegation that almost all US media is pro war at the end of the day. While some may talk negatively or critically from time to time, at the end of the day they'll generally promote American exceptionalism.

Well, it's the American version of the BBC really, and of course PBS and BBC do work together anyway, in a sort of agnostic, or better, a neutral way, and yes, when you look at commercial TV that area of media promote all sorts of silly, as well as good, using the advertising revenue.
However PBS, is in America, and subject to legal eagles, and their way of doing things when things don't go as planned in the area of lawsuits, and not to say friction in broadcasting, makes PBS kind of fragile.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
PBS and NPR are the mainstays of educated and even-handed thinking.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Not a single video is working for me.
But I'm probably just an idiot.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Not a single video is working for me.
But I'm probably just an idiot.

Try an American proxy.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's free for Americans since they're parcially funded with tax dollars.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

[...]

Let me know if you all remember any episodes that stood out to you. I've been watching these here and there when I'm in the mood for a documentary or informative type piece since I've blown through most of my streaming services.

I've been a fan of Frontline and I've noticed their leftist leanings, but they've got some really high quality documentaries. The one that stood out for me was "The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan" from 2010, (it wasn't on youtube). A very disturbing documentary that shows the homosexual and pedophilic behavior of the powerful people in that country, a whole nasty and filthy culture that makes one sick. Abused boys that had their lives destroyed, who after 18 years of age they either committed suicide or were killed.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I'd say they lean a little left,

You don't say

The Virus: Trump Went Wrong - FRONTLINE

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Here's the,' China undercover' video,

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
"Frontline" can be good when they don't skew left.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA

Biggest lie I've read today. Congratulations. 👎

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

Did you just intentionally mis-quote the title of that video?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

Nice, changing the title...

And as someone who does not lean left, placing critical evaluation at the foot of the person in charge is fair.

You think the handling of this was good? I sure as hell don't. We burned trillions right out the gate with no clear plan. That money is gone... That's added to the already over budget year.

To be fair, I probably see how we failed differently than PBS. And I can confidently say that without having watched it yet.

But then again, I can watch or listen to something that doesn't align with my world view and still take something away from it.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

originally posted by: VeeTNA

Biggest lie I've read today. Congratulations. 👎

How so? What is your problem with NPR and PBS?

top topics

join