It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio Silence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Yeah. Well.

ATS is going dark soon. Even if it takes on a new incarnation, I can't say I have much faith. I came here seeking answers in the strange, weird, paranormal, and alien.

I never found an answer here.

I will seek within now, in quiet, in darkness.

I don't have faith in a new ATS. I don't have faith in the 'other' site either.

It's the same echo chamber of ego stroking and validation seeking (yes, I'm guilty too,) pressing the feeder bar like lab rats on amphetamine. Whatever happened to the research? The discourse of ideas? The civility? Instead, we have become comfortable rewarding the old familiar one-line joke posted 10,000 times, and the brand-recognized avatar.

These sites have grown to value the poster over the words and the ideas contained within.

There is no growth that I can see. Please, seek within, or you will truly wilt. I know whereof I speak.

I wish you all the best of things, all who have been my friends along the way, and those who haven't.

I came here seeking answers. I must continue my journey away from all the dissonance and incoherent noise.

Be well, all. May we meet again some sunny day. But for now, this will be the cessation of my online presence in social media (excepting Asian Wuflu Dating Tinder of course
)

edit on 24-6-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I've not seen poster over word in my time here.

The point that you have never found an answer here, suggests to me you might not be willing to listen.
I've found many answers here.
That's why I'm still a member.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I suppose, my quest was in conquering personal demons.

Who has an answer for that except me?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I usually like your posts.

But this one sucks.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! You give praise in the member base here. Yet, sh!t on those same members for attempting to infuse much needed life.

Good job! You’re the exact type of counter productive personality type that — we DON’T need in our productive working group.

Trust me, there has been enough defeatists like you already...
edit on 24-6-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

What are you getting all huffy puffy about? Am I not allowed to have my own voice? My own opinion?

I'm not part of your cheerleading group, sorry.

I've been part of this site almost 10 years with lurking time included, good lord! How dare you suggest what I can and cannot express here.

My journey leads me elsewhere. I wish you and ATS success, truly.

I am moving on to other horizons. Do I not have the right to say goodbye and give a well-wishing to my brothers and sisters in arms?

I really think you ought to remove the tunnel vision and look again, friend.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

But this one sucks.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! You give praise in the member base here. Yet, sh!t on those same members for attempting to infuse much needed life.

Good job! You’re the exact type of counter productive personality type that — we DON’T need in our productive working group.

An observation.
I think you might need thicker skin for this endeavor.
Good luck though.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I've not seen poster over word in my time here.

The point that you have never found an answer here, suggests to me you might not be willing to listen.
I've found many answers here.
That's why I'm still a member.

Just going on the OP, you may have found an answer here.
It is your life not mine, so I am not inclined to suggest an answer.
Perhaps this site did you better than you previously posted?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Yeah. Well.

ATS is going dark soon. Even if it takes on a new incarnation, I can't say I have much faith. I came here seeking answers in the strange, weird, paranormal, and alien.

I never found an answer here.

I will seek within now, in quiet, in darkness.

I don't have faith in a new ATS. I don't have faith in the 'other' site either.

It's the same echo chamber of ego stroking and validation seeking (yes, I'm guilty too,) pressing the feeder bar like lab rats on amphetamine. Whatever happened to the research? The discourse of ideas? The civility? Instead, we have become comfortable rewarding the old familiar one-line joke posted 10,000 times, and the brand-recognized avatar.

These sites have grown to value the poster over the words and the ideas contained within.

There is no growth that I can see. Please, seek within, or you will truly wilt. I know whereof I speak.

I wish you all the best of things, all who have been my friends along the way, and those who haven't.

I came here seeking answers. I must continue my journey away from all the dissonance and incoherent noise.

Be well, all. May we meet again some sunny day. But for now, this will be the cessation of my online presence in social media (excepting Asian Wuflu Dating Tinder of course
)

You should just stick around for a while, Just lurk for a while, i do all the time. Sometimes the Hair raises on my neck and i don’t know who has come on here to lurk but I’m sure it’s posters from a while ago. There was love in our community back then and it was exciting to just get on here to read their posts, So you just lurk for a while and then you tell me you can’t feel it too.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I think you found many answers here but you didn't like or accept them.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   

ats is a far right-leaning site. since trump became president, the tone has become much sharper and the really interesting topics have been pushed to the side. but as far as aliens are concerned, i didn't find any answers here (logically) but many interesting hints and links, which helped me to realize that we probably haven't had any contact yet and most sightings are due to natural or not yet recognized phenomena.

for a halfway normal earth citizen ats offers insight into a foreign world when it comes to politics, weapons, equality and religion. spock would say: fascinating.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Good luck. I may follow.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I understand ppls emotional attachment to this site, I dont have any. I'm sure there are lots of other sites where you can find similar experience.
It was fun entertaining weird ideas and stories with like minded ppl.
For me it was never about finding answers or making friends, it was just interesting stuff when I had some time to kill.

Wanting to respond to interesting post is what made me from a lurker to a poster.
Seeing what is posted nowadays is what made me from a poster to a lurker

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
I understand ppls emotional attachment to this site, I dont have any. I'm sure there are lots of other sites where you can find similar experience.
It was fun entertaining weird ideas and stories with like minded ppl.
For me it was never about finding answers or making friends, it was just interesting stuff when I had some time to kill.

Wanting to respond to interesting post is what made me from a lurker to a poster.
Seeing what is posted nowadays is what made me from a poster to a lurker

ats is quite unique, i think. i know nothing comparable.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

There is no other ATS. I’ve looked.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

But this one sucks.

Here we go again.... the professional face of the new ATS.[

As mentioned above, you may need to reassess your approach.
edit on 24-6-2020 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

What a ridiculous post!

Your new ATS won't last a Dog walk with that kind of # at its core!

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I lurked and then joined because, at the time, I found it to be a good way to find current alternative news stories right before they hit the MSM (if they even made it there) and could contribute to that. But the biggest draw form me was my fondness for the TV series "The X Files" and how this site was full of the same subject matter as the show. It's the same reason I like late night talk radio programs like "Ground Zero" and "Coast to Coast AM".

I'll be a member here that lurks again until I feel it's a waste of time compared to other platforms. Out of the suggested websites to join, Parlor.com seems promising, I'll be joining that today I believe.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well Narc, I will miss you.
Hopefully I'll run into you again someday, when your ready.

Good luck and best wishes to you.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

But this one sucks.

An observation.
I think you might need thicker skin for this endeavor.
Good luck though.

My thick skin will be shown by disengaging all negative / non productive posts. There is simply no time for it.

My fault for posting here in the first place. I’ll see myself out.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You never display a "thick skin."
Quite the contrary, you are frequently rude, crude and over-emphatic when you take issue with another poster.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join