It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German police reinforce tower block quarantine as 200 residents fight to escape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
BBC link

German tower block residents have clashed with police in a failed attempt to escape quarantine as the country battles a new spike in coronavirus cases. 

The violence erupted after 200 residents tried to charge through a metal barrier keeping 700 people trapped in their apartment buildings in Göttingen. 

link contains video

With the abattoir cases too the German r0 is back up to 2.88

Background reading regarding the infected abattoirs worldwide revealed that they are deemed to be critical infrastructure .

This tower block event has sounds of protest very different to what's heard at an average protest.
It is quite disturbing, not recommended viewing for the faint of heart .

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yeah The media hides stuff.....
Tony Robbins of all,people is tellin on the media in videos...

He showed Germany storefronts smashed....then he pointed out that Japan and Tailand didnt shutdown....the social part was left but everyone tried to conserve contact....and they have the lowest death rate.....
edit on 22-6-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Maybe the Guardian can shut up about how much better Germany is coping than we are now?

Some of those pics, with the fences and stuff though, it's like a dystopian film.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Sounds like something out of Dredd or The Raid!

edit on 22-6-2020 by youcanttellthepeople because: Wrong film!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Confusion leads to an empty well of water. People should know that.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

at this point it makes no sense to quarantine.
the virus is out.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

at this point it makes no sense to quarantine.
the virus is out.

Yes, that is true.

This Friday here in Japan we opened up. What will happen, we just don't know. One thing we do have to worry about is the food supply being contaminated . The news here is just starting to report on it. Apples are now about 2.50 $ a piece, can you believe that. Crazy.
The food supply must be protected at all cost.
I posted in my MIM's "street talk" about raising your own chickens. Please follow all my postings even about the new educating your children at public schools.
You man not know this but most universities here are now closed or teaching on line. Closed means no access to the library.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

i was taking some classes at my local community college. as of right now, there will be no fall "in class" sessions. (online only) for me, i was studying machining. you have to be in class to perform the tasks. i don't know when, if ever, i will be able to continue to learn my skill set.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Looks like a dystopian situation-maybe its just that the cops remind me of the enemy security guards from half life.
At least they are not being welded into their apartments (yet).

If I was in a similar situation,and I needed to be out of there,I can think of at least one way to escape without being noticed or having to go through the riot cops.
Not that I would do that in this particular situation,but rather thats just the way I think about being imprisoned in an urban environment by an oppressive force.

It must be tough on the cops as well-when they signed up for the job I bet they never thought they would be ordered to prevent otherwise law abiding citizens from leaving their homes.
Amazing what people will do to each other when they are told its for the percieved/accepted "greater good."

2020 sucks,I hope but doubt 2021 will be an improvement.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Lol of course German authorities would think it's ok to forcibly lock people inside a building...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Looks like a dystopian situation-maybe its just that the cops remind me of the enemy security guards from half life.

Get back, citizen!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

But we don't know enough about it. Between the Chinese disinfo and the novel nature of the virus there are too many variables and unknowns.

Here's what disturbs me though - what is playing out in Germany (if true and that's always a question unless you are there) is that it's happening at about the same point since the infection reached Germany, as it was alleged to happen in Wuhan following initial infection.

So why? What are they not telling us?

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

f I was in a similar situation,and I needed to be out of there,I can think of at least one way to escape without being noticed or having to go through the riot cops.

Don't hold back... I might need this info some day! How would you escape??

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I haven't really looked into how Germany handled their lockdown, but based on the chart from the Daily Mail article it looks like they had a strict lockdown which lowered the infection rate dramatically, it's a flat line for the last several months. My guess is they started to ease the restrictions near the start of this month and because almost no one had immunity the result was a very rapid rise in cases this month. We were told by many experts that flattening the curve too much would prevent herd immunity and would prolong the lockdowns, but the fearmongers didn't want to listen to it, they turned it into a political issue rather than a scientific issue.

It's absolutely no surprise that a highly liberal nation such as Germany would have very strict lockdown laws, there was a lot of left-wing people saying that if we stay inside long enough until there are zero cases then we'll completely eradicate Covid-19. They wanted to flatten the curve until there was no curve, and Germany seems to have almost achieved that, with a much flatter curve then most developed nations. But as I said weeks ago, just because one nation has very few cases doesn't mean Covid-19 has disappeared, it's out in the world now and is not going away unfortunately. If destroying viruses was that easy we could do it for every virus.

I noticed another trending article published by Daily Mail today is titled Britain records just FIFTEEN Covid-19 deaths in the lowest daily toll since March 13 and new cases drop to below 1,000 for first time since lockdown. The chart in that article shows the UK had a steep curve which is now flat-lining. For what ever reason the lockdown in the UK was highly ineffective, population density probably played a large role, and it resulted in the UK having one of the highest death rates in the world, higher than even Sweden who had minimal lockdown restrictions and didn't shut down businesses. This is a clear example of how herd immunity has overcome the virus in the UK while nations which flattened the curve too much now have a second wave.
edit on 22/6/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Me too. Signed up and paid up. Waiting to see what's going to happen. Can't learn a trade online.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

f I was in a similar situation,and I needed to be out of there,I can think of at least one way to escape without being noticed or having to go through the riot cops.

Most large buildings like apartment blocks have entrances to the sewer system down in the basement.
Or if no entrance,the sewer system does run under the building in many cases and can be acessed by borrowing some power tools from the buildings janitor/maintinence room.
Follow the sewer a few blocks and then exit to freedom

Easy way out if you can handle the stink/dirt.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
On a related note, I'd like to know if any liberals here are going to call this out as an abuse of police power. Or is an overreach of authority fine in this case because it's protecting people from Covid-19? When we see an actual case of oppressive policing on a large scale it's validated by the MSM, the same way they applauded China for throwing nets on people and dragging them off the streets. I wrote several threads on why it's dangerous to vilify all police based on the actions of a few... as a result I'm called a pro-government stooge and told I'm part of the reason ATS is doomed. Well this situation in Germany is the type of authoritarian policing I do oppose, and if you think it's acceptable because it's for the "greater good" or because that's the political stance which your "side" has taken, then perhaps it's time to take a look in a mirror and ask who is really the big gov pro-authoritarian stooge here.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

originally posted by: new_here

Most large buildings like apartment blocks have entrances to the sewer system down in the basement.
Or if no entrance,the sewer system does run under the building in many cases and can be acessed by borrowing some power tools from the buildings janitor/maintinence room.
Follow the sewer a few blocks and then exit to freedom

Easy way out if you can handle the stink/dirt.

Yes, the sewers, but drain sewers preferred.

I've been pondering how to survive SHTF scenarios since I was around ten years old. I had explored a number of drain sewer systems by the time I was a teenager and I even briefly checked how to enter the system on the (then) new interstate that was being built a half mile from my home. At that time it was what I considered the best route to get out of the city if the nukes were coming in and we were warned ahead of time.

I also knew the best ways to get out of the city on foot and into the country side in just less than 20 miles. Power line easement corridors, railroad tracks, and river basin drainage was a few of my exit strategies.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
I did lots of similar exploring of underground infrastucture as a kid.

It is certainly an often overlooked way of getting from place to place in a clandestine manner.
Always good to have an escape route planned out in case the worst happens.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
From reading the article the issue seems to be that some information was lost in translation. Seems German authorities required those leaving to take a test and if negative wait and take a second test.

Romanian speaking residents didn’t quite seem to understand the protocol around the second test and rebelled. Seems to be mainly Romanians in that towy block.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join