It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a suggestion about ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I am a member of a lot of sites that I use for information, some are paid subscriptions and some like ATS are not.

My suggestion (or idea if you prefer) regards the future of the site. While the traffic generated as well as the ancillary activity (image uploads, etc.) require servers that can handle the traffic, I think that perhaps there may be a way to continue the site.

What about combining efforts with another established site that does not have a discussion forum and merging with another recognizable name. Here's why I think this:

I'm a car guy. I own a very fast supercar that requires a lot of care both for appearance and performance. Many of the companies I buy products from also have discussion forums baked into their sites that also generate traffic.

I know the owners have to make a profit with ATS to keep it viable. At the same time there are other sites that don't have a forum that could combine efforts, creating a pseudo win/win for both parties.

One last thought - I would imagine that it would be possible to "tone down" the site - eliminate uploads, the custom profile backgrounds and save bandwidth and allow for downsizing the costs.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I didn't know ATS was having issues with revenue?

How many members does it have?
If there are enough members then a simple donate button in the bottom left corner with a couple of options may also help $1 dollar, $5 dollars, small monthly subscription bonus offers also maybe?

Not good if ATS is having problems. This is a great site.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

The owners have stated they don't have the time to continue with the site even if funding became available, it's over I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Smarties
I didn't know ATS was having issues with revenue?

more of an existensial crisis.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It is time for a brand-new web address. They have created a good site here but has become unviable now. It's time to fold up shop, learn from their mistakes and hopefully come up with a new site with all the good things they have built here.

If they can, that's great. If not, they had a good idea here.

They need quick money so they should ask for a government grant.
edit on 19-6-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam

What about combining efforts with another established site that does not have a discussion forum and merging with another recognizable name.

abovetopsecretredneckgals.com sounds great. Can't wait.

top topics

join