It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well, since SO has pretty much indicated us there is essentially no chance of the site being around much longer, what's the next best site we can move to for our daily fix? The fact that management keeps putting up obstacles to short term solutions to simply keep the lights on while shopping for a buyout are telling. My guess is we have until the end of the month and poof, we get a 404 error.

So... where are we going?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
THIS has ATS valued at

Estimated Worth
$ 10,182
Last updated on 19th June 2020 04:45:37 AM

www.getwebprice.org...

I would not trust those quotes. For example blockchain.com is estimated on $30k by them. If that was the case I would buy that right now.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

THIS has ATS valued at

Estimated Worth
$ 10,182

www.getwebprice.org...

I would not trust those quotes. For example blockchain.com is estimated on $30k by them. If that was the case I would buy that right now.

It's obviously a messed up figure.
$1.3M is more believable.

I'm sensing enormous enthusiasm from members to invest...on several threads.
What I'm feeling, however, is not much enthusiasm for current ownership to maintain controlling interest in the site.

Getting the upgrade funds from members seems all but certain...but it sounds like owners are just wanting to sell everything outright.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempussolo

Dunno, but I do know a whole lot of places I'm NOT going to, and right at the very top of that list is FailBook and others like it.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
But theres really no way that a move to AWS should cost anywhere near the numbers you've been given.

It's not so "easy." There's a great deal of "bare-metal" specific code developed over the years. Many things, like the flash-based image uploading need to be completely recoded.

That seems odd, can't think of many reasons why a forum would need to go interacting with things below the application layer and hecks yeah get rid of flash of you're still using it, but that could be post migration at a later time as the functionally works as is.

Im not intending to be standoffish, I love this site. Ive been coming here much longer than this account's created date would reflect.

Drop me a message and I dont mind setting aside a few hours for a consultation, free of charge of course.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

have you tried social media such as a youtube channel or facebook?

or perhaps you could team up with coast to coast, radio can be reached by internet or wireless, or perhaps you could form a conglomerate with other conspiracy sites, merge and form an alliance, ATS might not be the same but at least it will still be around.

Take my ideas with a grain of salt, i took financial advice from my cats.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm really surprised at just how expensive it is to run this website. Wow.

What if this website was stripped to the bare bones? And get rid of the archives.

Rebrand it so that each page is just text, nothing fancy, basically like a 'Top Secret' document.

I've been coming to these boards since the begining, always lurched more than anything. For years if I came to this forum, I'd just browse the first page and then click on any topic that interested me.

Searching old posts is a hassle and doesn't even work anyway.

All I care about is the information, I couldn't care less about anything else.

No one needs all the extra stuff.

edit on 19 6 2020 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

“If I had a friend and loved him because of the benefits which this brought me and because of getting my own way, then it would not be my friend that I loved but myself. I should love my friend on account of his own goodness and virtues and account of all that he is in himself. Only if I love my friend in this way do I love him properly.”

Meister Eckhart

Thank you all for everything and best wishes for the future, my friend!

"Everything's for sale except the scale
That's coming with me"

edit on 19-6-2020 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

THIS has ATS valued at

Estimated Worth
$ 10,182

www.getwebprice.org...

It's obviously a messed up figure.

I'm sensing enormous enthusiasm from members to invest...on several threads.
What I'm feeling, however, is not much enthusiasm for current ownership to maintain controlling interest in the site.

Getting the upgrade funds from members seems all but certain...but it sounds like owners are just wanting to sell everything outright.

Well I can imagine that. You start a project with an intention and when it turns into something else due sociological aspects of society there comes a point it is just best to let it go.

ATS changed as everything changed. It's like a relationship where the romance died, you can stick together for old times sake or just let go and focus on new ventures. I'm someone that thinks the latter is the best.

I saw the post of people willing to donate. It's not about the money. It's so easy to say "here is my cash, now make it happen"... (in my view that's a form of entitlement as well. No it's not because you throw cash someone else has to do the job. It's up to them to do the job and if they do it it requires payment.) What is required is a team that can maintain the standard and put in the effort. As I'm working in the online business myself it's not always fun and sunshine. It's a job that needs to be done.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Maybe in its hey day. But from what they are saying about drops in traffic and other issues to the point the site is no longer viable it would be foolish to pay that make. You could essentially make a new, much better designed site for less than a fraction of the price.
The only downside would be the loss of content. Although done right it wouldn't take long to get all that back.

It's kind of like trying to sell a burned out wrecked ferrari for $1million dollars, because that was what they were worth new.

I mean we're talking about a sinking ship here. $1.3 million for a website that is not turning a profit, seems to be running at a loss and admits losing massive traffic?

There's no hope of saving the site if people aren't realistic. Gotta focus on what ATS is now, not what it was.

I still think the site can be turned around, but not if the causes of how it got here are never going to be addressed.
All the cash in the world isn't going to keep it afloat if the holes aren't plugged and new holes are allowed to be drilled into the hull.

Been through this with so many of my own customers over the years. You tell them but they refuse to listen and follow advice then are surprised when what was avoidable comes to pass.

Any ways, I'm out. Too many chefs in the kitchen now all telling ATS how to write the recipe and from experience they're gonna listen to the wrong chefs.
Wish everyone behind ATS the best of luck. With much of the advice here you're going to need it.

Love the site and hope it goes no where. But I for one am not feeling confident at this point.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

It's not so "easy." There's a great deal of "bare-metal" specific code developed over the years. Many things, like the flash-based image uploading need to be completely recoded.

Or get rid of completely and get members to use image linking to an image hosting site instead.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Not me, probably a group of us. I have no ability to run a site like this
most I've done is a mail list but I'd gladly donate or buy into some sort of LLC membership. Best part is I believe ATS has a lot of marketable potential, but the best case scenario would be ad independence and ensuring our future existence and preservation of such a one of a kind place

I don't know how we could keep it how it is now, I think ATS is perfect the way it is and the best is yet to come, and It seems everyone has been clear they'd prefer to see things stay the way they are, I'm certainly in that group as well

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

For all those members making suggestions about subscriptions, donations, lack of tech upgrades, etc. You missed one important missing asset on our end: time.

Pool your resources, make an offer, and become member-run.

THIS.
Consider selling shares to members.
$100 per share? $1000 per share?
Make these offerings quarterly or yearly.
Maintain 51% controlling interest.
This, alone, would cover months of recoding costs.

I’d buy shares.

Already own a couple businesses. I’d be proud to be a part of this one.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
Sooo....how about this for an option. If SO wants to sell...maybe a committee of people who are fully committed to picking up this site and turning into something should form an LLC or S Corp and set up a contract to buy the boys out?? Then we can make all the upgrades, changes, and reinvigorate the site.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What’s the asking price SO?

BTW, we are neighbors. Free wine tour when you come to Sedona.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Truly sad... this site has filled many of hours at work reading... when I should of been working..

Hopefully you will find a solution to keep ATS alive.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I am sorry to hear this. Fight the good fight as long as you can

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempussolo
So... where are we going?

Invade another forum? With current username and ATS attached.

The only conspiracy forums similar to this that I know of is David Icke forums, which is getting an overhaul at the moment.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

have you tried social media such as a youtube channel or facebook?

or perhaps you could team up with coast to coast, radio can be reached by internet or wireless, or perhaps you could form a conglomerate with other conspiracy sites, merge and form an alliance, ATS might not be the same but at least it will still be around.

The issue with YT is as far as I know, you have to have a channel, not just an account, to even use chats. It's what it keeps telling ME when I'm logged in on streams anyway.

As for social media, ATS is going to die a swift death if it's stuffed to the corners of SM -- many people on here are like me and quit SM YEARS ago and refuse to go back. Others refuse to even start. IMO, our active SM users for things like Fakebook and Twatter are probably quite low to begin with.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
But theres really no way that a move to AWS should cost anywhere near the numbers you've been given.

Then think outside the damn box and request volunteers' time for it.

You've made it QUITE clear that you guys are looking to offload posthaste here. We get it, sell or bust, you want to divest yourselves of the site. We. Get. It. And understand.

But you HAVE to be willing to work with people trying to find a middle ground to work with you from. If you can't pay or can't pay market rate, we've got a whole site full of people who might be able to devote some time, be it solo, or perhaps as a team of a couple of experienced folks, who could help with recoding.

JUST. ASK.
edit on 6/19/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I notice most everyone hear points out the vast knowledge and database that ATS has acquired through its users. You need to capitalize on that and make it work for you . Here is a thought publish a book from this web site. ( The AbovetopSecret.com Ultimate Hand Book on Every conspiracy theory, Ever. ) I would buy something like that to place on my coffee table, Hard cover even better. Book profits could help fund the site.

Membership base is good, but I think you might fair better with donations. and other avenues of revenue. Might think of starting another company based on the content from this site for research and maybe even a Think Tank. There are many avenues of revenue here, but first you have to save the site and rid the politics out of it to make any kind of viable attraction to bring back users, as well as retain and boost add revenue with donations.

I like the idea of go fund me for donations. I think you would be surprised. Might think of asking for investors business partners after the site gets back on track. Might offer private shares to raise venture capital in exchange for profit sharing.

What I liked best about ATS before all this political stuff is that members would have news & information on stories ( related to the main these of the site) posted before any news outlets. Some with their very own video commentary from just about anyplace in the world. That's was so cool watching a volcano about to erupt . no place else except ATS had it, ATS has lost that edge and its what also set it apart.

Your biggest problem is Political Posts.The politics are damaging the real content of ATS, most of that stuff you can get off twitter and most of it is re-posted from twitter and Facebook anyway nothing really original here. There is just to much baggage that goes with politics so get rid of it, all of it. Keep the political stuff that is related to the site themes and boot some these political themes as well. I left because of all the politics and hate trolling I returned to give it another try because there is no other place like ATS on the Net.

edit on 19-6-2020 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2020 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join