It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investing In Space Related Stocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I am trying to decide which ETF or individual companies to invest in for space related endeavors and wondering if you guys are more fond of one or another and why. They both contain some of the same co's.
If not an ETF, which one or two co's would you invest in and why?

I still wonder if SpaceX will ever go public. Maybe in a couple of years?
Another source says not until regular flights to Mars are established

Procure Space ETF UFO

Holdings:

ORBCOMM Inc
DISH Network Corp Class A
Maxar Technologies Inc
Trimble Inc
Garmin Ltd
Globalstar Inc
Iridium Communications Inc
SES SA DR
Virgin Galactic Holdings Inc Shs A
Eutelsat Communications
Sirius XM Holdings Inc
SKY Perfect JSAT Corp
EchoStar Corp
Viasat Inc
Loral Space & Communications Inc
Boeing Co
Lockheed Martin Corp
Comcast Corp Class A
L3Harris Technologies Inc
Northrop Grumman Corp
AT&T Inc
Raytheon Technologies Corp
Honeywell International Inc
Airbus SE
Ball Corp

Source Info

SPDR S&P Kensho Final Frontiers ETF ROKT

Holdings:
Ducommun Inc.
Standex International Corp.
TechnipFMC PLC ORD
Moog Inc. Cl A MOG.A
Boeing Co. BA
TTM Technologies Inc. TTMI
Hexcel Corp. HXL
ESCO Technologies Inc. ESE
TransDigm Group Inc. TDG
General Dynamics Corp. GD
Amphenol Corp. Cl A APH
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. J
Analog Devices Inc. ADI
BWX Technologies Inc. BWXT
Ball Corp. BLL
Heico Corp. HEI 4
Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings Inc. AJRD
Mercury Systems Inc. MRCY
CACI International Inc. Cl A CACI
Northrop Grumman Corp. NOC
L3Harris Technologies Inc. LHX
Lockheed Martin Corp. LMT
Teledyne Technologies Inc. TDY
Raytheon Technologies Corp. RTX
Maxar Technologies Inc.

Source Info

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
We have holdings as all those. Our prospectus incorporates over 100 big companies.

Look into TIAA and Fidelity. I would not buy single stocks, but groupings...and to 50/50 stocks and real estate.
Good luck

edit on 17-6-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

My best advice is to diversify..
Not all your eggs in one basket.

I prefer to invest in strong companies rather than upstarts. You can make a lot of money quickly with upstarts but it can go away even faster.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Trimble is a good bet.
They are a very well established company and will no doubt me a major player for a long time coming.

Most major mining outfits and exploration companies use Trimble GPS and Base stations.
They have recently expanded their products by integrating satellite positioned drones for aerial surveys which is rapidly becoming the norm, across the board.
They are called RTK drones, (Real Time kinematic) which allows live corrections during the flight,
or the use of PPK (post-processing kinematic ) after the flights.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I thought about investing in stock on space and also food companies.

Instead invested into cement gold. I needed a second garage so I bought up an old but solid industrial hall for cheap. Sweet deal, alarm system, fire detection system, right beneath the borders of a huge housing area with missing garages.

Minutes after I put up the thing for rent, I got flooded with calls. Currently I am in negotiation with someone that wants to rent the roof and have a solar system put on there. The rent for the roof will speed up the ROI a lot while I can buy cheap energy and sell it to common prices to the single renting parties using the energy.

If that goes well I put up electric vehicle chargers outside. That is three levels of synergy you will not get on the stock market. The building can only rise in value, energy prices can only rise, parking space will be less in future.

Think about it

edit on 17.6.2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Go to lunarland.com and buy a piece of the moon. Real estate is forever. Get a beach pad next to the sea of tranquility. POA my martian brother a reply to: waftist

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Everybody just got creamed in the stock market. Maybe it would be prudent to wait till after the elections or covid.

I don't own stocks, I know less than nothing, just a hunch. To me it looks like profit taking for George Soros, betting against you all.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It comes down to.

Do you want money right away ? If so stick to ones that pay dividends quarterly.

Want long term growth for your golden years.

Diversify between large cap,mid cap, and ETF.

Spread the risk as much as you can.

Those industries change quickly and count on mergers.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It's always smart to ask for financial advice from people on an anonymous forum as opposed to a licensed professional. It's right behind listening to the TV guy tell you to buy gold.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
@ mysteriousstranger - Thanks for the input, and yea the two ETF's are similar in context and price, just wondering if one could be better? I'm in the mix with a bit o everything too.

@ Bluntone22 - Indeed and I have done just that but wanted to include some type of space tech stock(s). Thanks for the reply

@ Macenroe82 - I will research Trimble and thank you for the explanation...learned something new today

@ ThatDamnDuckAgain - Sounds like a good plan, good for you and good luck! Thanks!

@ kingparrot - For realz? I had no idea! You mean Coca Cola and TBoone Pickens haven't bought it all up yet?
Wonder if other countries are participating and if not, how will we claim exclusive rights? I will have to research a bit. Thanks for the reply

@ Plotus - yea I think I may wait to see what happens this fall too...supposedly August will begin reflecting the economic mayhem as well. Crazy times!

@ neo96 - Werd, and I agree..I'm going for the long play and definitely diversify. Thanks man!

@ AugustusMasonicus - True true and I do research the game as much as possible, there is a lot of educational info out there, as well as fluff and hype. Don't worry I won't rely exclusively on ATS input but I have seen some savvy members seemingly versed on the subject, so I thought I'd run it through the mill here for additional input. Thanks!

top topics

join