It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The main stream media isn’t worth dried spit .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
They’re as useless as a white crayon .

In the following three instances they can’t even go the extra mile to teach common sense challenged how to put up hammocks. (this applies to other summer activities too)

I wouldn’t of got so upset about this article. But I did when I checked out the attached links to two similar accidents in 2018 and 2017.

With just a little more effort on the MSM’s part might a lesson from a tragedy might help someone this summer .

The article gives the impression that they have a template .

“Scout and Chasey Scaravilli attended Hathaway Brown School in Shaker Heights and were in 6 and 8th graded They were loved and our prayers go out to their families”

“Died in a freak accident”. No # )

The article was very small. Hey whoever’s in charge you’ve got plenty of space left .

Yes my heart goes out to the family too but could you at least add something pertinent?

But how about some goddamn safety instructions or a better understanding of the scene. Or at least a friggin picture . I couldn’t find one for the other two articles either .

They died when a brick pillar the hammock was attached to collapsed .

Most of us know where the brick pillar is. But for others it doesn’t raise any red flags.

Where was the pillar located?

Did it stand alone?

Was it part of the porch?

What kind of shape was the mortar in ?

Did it have water damage like from a leaking roof?

Pick what the problem it was and tell us about it .

That’s the questions I ask myself when I read the article.

The other two incidents involve tree collapses. So again

Was it a tree dead?

Did it have water damage?

Was it a tree with a shallow root system ?

Was it tied to a fork in the tree?

Lord knows people are pretty stupid. So how about a picture of the scene so people grasp the situation ?

They can show automobile accidents, murder scenes, fires, police shootings, cute puppy and kitty videos.

Why can’t they post a picture that could make some idiot say OH!!! Then run outside and fix their hammock, swingset, slide or any other of the potential accidents of the summer.

I guess it’s the fact that it was four little girls that’s got my dander up.

So here’s few things I do when I set a hamhock up.

Choose a tree at least 8 inches diameter 12 inches and up is better.

Give it a few shakes lean into it like you’re pushing a car.

Don’t use the same tree every summer. It can cause bark damage and let insects in.

Inspect the tree closely for any insect damage.

Tie straps or rope’s as low as possible. The farther up you tie the more leverage on the tree.

Clear all debris under it whether the tree or hammock breaks . You don’t want anything beneath you that could cause a puncture wound.

Don’t leave the hammock out year-round UV breaks down the nylon and rain rots the cotton.

Edit;

There’s one thing I like to remind everybody in the summer. If you’re in a parking lot something like Walmart. Don’t be afraid to look into the cars as you walk bye. (if I can I walk down the middle) I’d feel like crap if I came back from the store and found out a kid died in a hot car where I’d just left.

Fox

If anyone else has any safety tips please have them.

edit on 15-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
They’re as useless as a white crayon .

In the following three instances they can’t even go the extra mile to teach common sense challenged how to put a hammock up (this applies to other summer activities too)

I wouldn’t of got so upset about this article. But I did when I checked out the attached links to two similar accidents in 2018 and 2017.

With just a little more effort on the MSM’s part might a lesson from a tragedy might help someone this summer .

The article gives the impression that they have a template .

“Scout and Chasey Scaravilli attended Hathaway Brown School in Shaker Heights and were in 6 and 8th graded They were loved and our prayers go out to their families”

“Died in a freak accident”.( No # )

The article was very small. Hey whoever’s in charge you’ve got plenty of space left .

Yes my heart goes out to the family too but could you at least add something pertinent?

How about some goddamn safety instructions or a better understanding of the scene or at least a friggin picture . I couldn’t find one for the other two articles either .

They died when a brick pillar the hammock was attached to collapsed .

Most of us know where the brick pillar is. But for others it doesn’t raise any red flags.

Where was the pillar located?

Did it stand alone?

Was it part of the porch?

What kind of shape was the mortar in ?

Did it have water damage like from a leaking roof?

Pick what the problem was and tell us about it .

That’s the questions I ask myself when I read the article.

The other two incidents involve tree collapses. So again

Was it a tree dead?

Did it have water damage?

Was it a tree with a shallow root system ?

Was it tied to a fork in the tree?

Lord knows people are pretty stupid. So how about a picture of the scene so people grasp the situation ?

They can show automobile accidents, murder scenes, fires, police shootings, cute puppy and kitty videos.

Why can’t they post a picture that could make some idiot say OH!!! Then run outside and fix their hammock, swingset, slide or any other of the potential accidents of the summer.

I guess it’s the fact that it was four little girls that’s got my dander up.

So here’s few things I do when I set a hamhock up.

Choose a tree at least 8 inches diameter 12 inches and up is better.

Give it a few shakes lean into it like you’re pushing a car.

Don’t use the same tree every summer. It can cause bark damage and let insects in.

Inspect the tree closely for any insect damage.

Tie straps or rope’s as low as possible. The farther up you tie the more leverage on the tree.

Clear all debris under it whether the tree or hammock breaks . You don’t want anything beneath you that could cause a puncture wound.

Don’t leave the hammock out year-round UV breaks down the nylon and rain rots the cotton.

Edit;

There’s one thing I like to remind everybody in the summer. If you’re in a parking lot something like Walmart. Don’t be afraid to look into the cars as you walk bye. (if I can I walk down the middle) I’d feel like crap if I came back from the store and found out a kid died in a hot car where I’d just left.

Fox

If anyone else has any safety tips please have them.

I don’t know how I reposted this .

edit on 15-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
MSM is the single greatest threat to mankind, police reform? Nah, media reform, absolutely! take some of the money out of the equation and break them up into smaller organizations. The toilet paper crisis was a big eye opener for me, a few news stories and boom...national shortage, if you can’t see how powerful that is then we’re all screwed.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Before retirement I worked 35 years in factory building HAVC units and I must say common sense is not common any more. I witnessed more ignorant life threatening acts that could kill or mame.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
MSM is the single greatest threat to mankind, police reform? Nah, media reform, absolutely! take some of the money out of the equation and break them up into smaller organizations. The toilet paper crisis was a big eye opener for me, a few news stories and boom...national shortage, if you can’t see how powerful that is then we’re all screwed.

We are all being lied to about the danger of the corona virus. But yet no one on the media wants to expose the truth...WHY?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ban assault hammocks.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Because the media is the system, until everyone realizes that then we are gonna have a bad time. That’s why I don’t get blm, you are revolting due to the media (the system) presenting facts to get you to revolt, which means... ding ding ding.... you aren’t F-ing revolting! The only way to revolt at this point is to get people to understand this simple fact. I even have paranoid thoughts that trump was elected to discredit anyone questioning the msm, CNN or Fox, both designed to have the same effect, to point the finger away from the real troublemakers.

MSM = Chicom= globalists= bloodlines, why do people fall for the greatest scam of man kind.

a reply to: musicismagic

edit on 15-6-2020 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Wow just went off topic pretty quick .

Not to say I don’t agree with y’all .

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Sorry bout that, I just hate them so much! I won’t be offended if mods remove my ramblings a reply to: Fallingdown

edit on 15-6-2020 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
"The main stream media isn’t worth dried spit ."

I admit to not having read your initial posts, but my first reaction is ...

You just getting this? It's been brazenly clear to me for at least the last 10 or 12 years. I stopped reading the mainstream news sources about 2008.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: bananashooter

We are all being lied to about the danger of the corona virus. But yet no one on the media wants to expose the truth...WHY?

People here on ATS DONT WANT TO EXPOSE THE TRUTH ABOUT THE COVID SCAM.....now why is that?.....we know why the MSM wont do it....but why not the inquiring minds here on ATS?....heres why...to gutless....the white-hats or the truth-seekers or the good guys and gals on ATS are to gutless to stand out and alone to support the truth here.....they do not support it not even here....because of peer pressure and fear of taking on the Multi-Generational brainwashing actioned on some pretty smart minds that are now defunct and oppositionally defiant crap disturbers or lurkers here on ATS for they cannot accept responsibility for speaking up for those who cannot.

If you don't know what this covid lie is based upon and why its being told you cannot get the masses educated.....
edit on 15-6-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I don’t mind at all.

I just posted it because I thought it was funny .

Carry on by all means .

edit on 16-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I didn’t isolate it to this particular incident ..

All around they’re about as useful as a pocket in your underwear .
edit on 16-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Safety tips you say, well a couple of years ago there was a report here in OZ that a warning had been put out at thanksgiving, something about people dying when putting frozen turkeys in the deep fryer.

First I was like wtf, Americans deep fry whole turkeys, then I was kinda laughing at the whole death by turkey thing cause that is out there.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Winter has its own brand of idiots .

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Its not just winter. So check out this meme...

Let that sink in for a moment then let me know how you think the media coverage has co-opted the message as it was meant to be.
edit on 16-6-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Whales aren't fish.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

MSM. You don't watch? How the hell would we know its f'd-up if we didn't have a way to gage?

Who decides what is and isn't? Your mainstream might be anothers' alternative. You have to keep score somehow.

I catch 2 secs of all of it, flip to alternatives...and then make up my own mind. But without the nonsense at all? You've no real pulse of it all....bad and good. Fake news, real news?

You want 1 media, equal and concisely accurate...as a single force and flow of info? That sounds a lot like....um...

Peace!

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I’ve really got to work on my OP’s. That’s not my point . ( not addressed at you I’ve got another thread going that has been misinterpreted ) 🙄

This thread was meant to have absolutely no political content .

I understand the main stream media in the different context you’re replying with . I watch both right and left then make up my mind for myself .

This thread was about little girls that have died because stupid people set up hammocks when they could’ve used some guidance .

Instead of writing articles to touch the heartstrings . Why can’t they give us more information on how the accident happened. I guarantee you if in one of those articles pointed out which safety issue was violated with a picture. Some moron somewhere in the country would be outside that day making the trap they set up safer .

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh, your O.P.'s and posts are well constructed. I follow you ...sometimes make me smile!

I think some don't even catch any of the media-hash...and if one is gonna be critical?

Well...ya "can't know the players without the scorecard"....

And while I'm at it...how can someone say "I just get all my news from ATS anyway?" I mean...seriously???!!!

Take care, friend. Stay well..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join