It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappell I Feel Your Rant.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Hmm.. i don't think so. It's regular cops he was talking about. Regular cops aren't high members of secret societies.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
He went on for 27 minutes about a handful of cases spanning almost 30 years with large gaps in incidents. Went from the early 90's then skipped to the mid 2000's.

It's very selective reasoning. Let's cover the 10's of thousands of cases of white police helping and saving black lives over that same span of time and honestly put things in perspective. Horrible things happen. Way more good things happen than horrible. We can address the horrible but ignoring all the good efforts by the police entirely is toxic. It incites hatred, violence, more deaths and won't improve the situation trying to stuff a small amount of horrible in with all the good. It needs to stop.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

If you want to deduce everything down to race, suit yourself.

I've watched this video and Chappelle for a very long time and am a fan. Unlike every other virtue signaling celebrity, hes stating his peace and leaving it alone. I just dont happen to agree with the race aspect

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Not sure if this is still a problem, but i remember reporting rape or sexual harassment was very hard in the miliary. Because the military didn't want a bad reputation on that.

A few veteran women were talking about their experiences a 4-6 years ago and how the military did everything to ignore them. Can't remember the details though.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well, it doesn't matter if you agree. Black folk feel like they are unequally being harrassed or abused by the police. And now are protesting because of it.

America should address the concerns of its citizens..

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: Spider879

He did. And where is that video being discussed by major networks or any politician. I know people want the police to be fixed but unfortunately there is not much left to fix. It would have to become 100% perfect all the time with no bad employees. Show me an organization, government or company that has achieved that goal. It's not possible. Even if the entire police force was black there would still be screw ups and idiots. It's a harsh reality that is going to happen. Doesn't matter if one accepts it or not. It will always happen. No way around it. For every case Chapelle pointed out there are 10's of thousands of cases of police assisting and helping black people, even saving their lives. Another aspect being ignored by the media.

Well stated, but will fly over most people's heads who are emotionally invested in the narrative.

The police force is made up of people. There are good and bad people. No matter how much training and screening is done, there will always be corrupt cops. It is human nature. No organization on earth is full of people who are completely honest and righteous.

You pick any organization, we can find instances of people doing bad things. Politicians? The list is long. Military? Plenty of soldiers doing bad things. Priest? Let's not go there. Doctors? Can't be serious, plenty to choose from. Teacher? Hey, let's bang some students.

The reality is that unwarranted police deaths are practically zero from a statistical stand point. With millions of police / civilian interactions, there will be a few that go off the rails. When these events occur, it doesn't mean there is systematic racism, etc.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
"Why are you choosing George Floyd as your hero?" Chappelle: "We didn't choose him, you did."

Chappelle is on the nose, as always. Great rant, thanks for sharing it.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Well, it doesn't matter if you agree. Black folk feel like they are unequally being harrassed or abused by the police. And now are protesting because of it.

America should address the concerns of its citizens..

How can you address something that is irrational?

It is like trying to convince a 5 year old that there is no monster in the closet.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Well he's addressing the floyd killing and making references to his arguments. Just saying "horrible things happen" doesn't improve the situation either.

Refusing to address the issues black people feel are important because some are violently rioting are not helping anything either.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Again, boiling down a problem to race isn't helping anything.

In fact it's the reason these issues dont get better and get increasingly worse.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

So you think hundreds of thousands of black concerns are irrational?

If thousands are saying they feel unequally persecuted then ill listen to them.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Not sure if this is still a problem, but i remember reporting rape or sexual harassment was very hard in the miliary. Because the military didn't want a bad reputation on that.

A few veteran women were talking about their experiences a 4-6 years ago and how the military did everything to ignore them. Can't remember the details though.

I was a certified SA Military Victim Advocate. One thing that blew me away in the courses (taught by a woman) is that there are is a lot of sexual assault by women in the military on men. There are also a lot of women making false reports as a form of retribution against military men that break up with them. Even when they admit it in court nothing happens to them.

The woman instructor went over some cases where women completely destroyed the lives of men in the military. She also said men seldom report sexual assault by women or even by other men.

I'm not demeaning the the claims by women, just stating there is a whole other perspective being ignored. SA in the military is in no way specific to women. The instructor stated if people knew the truth they would be shocked. Both sexes do it and it's not overwhelmingly men.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

So you think hundreds of thousands of black concerns are irrational?

If thousands are saying they feel unequally persecuted then ill listen to them.

Yes, it is irrational. The data bears it out as irrational.

Just because we have a portion of society that is engaging in irrational and emotional group think doesn't mean their concerns are valid or the rest of society should get rid of common sense.

To be clear, the black community has a long and hard history of dealing with police going back to Bull Connor, etc. In many ways, the community is traumatized. However, that does not mean that today that PTSD is valid. It is like trying to convince a woman who was raped that not all men are bad despite the fact she was raped 40 years ago.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You can address the racial issue with police reform that affects everyone equally. But just constantly saying "there is no race issue" makes black folk feel like they aren't being heard.

Black folk have the spotlight. We should at least hear them out instead of dismissing everything.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Guess you haven't seen the many videos of black folk being unfairly treated by law enforcement.

It's been a boiling issue. And calling it emotional group think does nothing but shove the issue under the rug.

The black community has been thinking of this for a long time. It's not some irrational momentary emotional impulse....

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Agreed. 100%

link   

I get that this may be difficult for you to grasp so I'll type slow.

We have a police problem. The problem is that they are killing people in the streets.

I'd like to help my fellow Americans combat this issue.

I will not help the race de jour to accomplish more than that. I will not participate in destruction of property of people that have nothing to do with the problem. I will not acquiesce to ignorance of numbers and statistics to justify any of those means.

I've dismissed nothing except the racial component. Not because of prejudice but to absolve discrimination and the divisiveness that keeps the issue from being confronted let alone resolved.

link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I did notice he brought up the military several times and not in a bad light. I served 20 years, starting in the early 90's. I didn't see any internal racism and I served in two branches all over the country. Just didn't see it. Also served in a police unit for a while. The military police are also not perfect but they are much better run than city police units.

It's something that should be looked into to improve city police. Adopt military police standards. Tactics, physical fitness and the ability to report bad employees without retribution. We need Federal standards for all police to weed out the trash.

Dude I spent 15yrs until given an ultimatum, marry me and GTFO out of the Navy...cuz We !! are officially prego..and what you do in ports overseas bothers me, so I I quit like a Byootch! Cuz I loved her so..however actual racism, was almost Zero, almost zero because this South African new transplant said some Sht about Keffer, which I understood to be an insult, so I whooped his ass in the helo hanger, even then we kept sht under wraps, cuz that's how we handled our business back in the day, we were never friends ,but a mark of respect was there for our persons after that... Meaning black folks.
edit on 12-6-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Guess you haven't seen the many videos of black folk being unfairly treated by law enforcement.

It's been a boiling issue. And calling it emotional group think does nothing but shove the issue under the rug.

The black community has been thinking of this for a long time. It's not some irrational momentary emotional impulse....

I can show you many videos of a lot of things... it doesn't mean there is a systematic issue.

I can show you videos of deadly car crashes. It doesn't mean that out of the millions and millions of people driving daily, I need to fear dying in a car crash.

Just because people irrationally fear something does not make it so.... again, the data simply does not point to blacks being hunted down by racist cops.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I guess 90% of the black community are just irrational idiotic fools then huh?

I guess your "data" speaks better than what a large majority of the black community is saying.

Or maybe, just maybe, we should listen to the black community and not call them irrational fools like we white people did during the civil rights movements..

edit on 12-6-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join