It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Antifa Mob In Seattle Establishing Checkpoints & Extorting Businesses

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

It's being called #chazseattle?

I swear this is reality tv. Incredibly awesome in its hilariousness.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   
We The People of Washington State need to arm themselves with the 2nd Amendment and go and restore order.

Then they should remove the Governor from office and throw out the Police Chief as well.

But no - too lazy to get off their backsides.

When all else fails ... it is up to the people to act.

P

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Oh shut up. Let them toast marshmallow.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

I have to admit that the garden part is funny,
being a gardener myself I really wish them all
the best with those seedlings.

The last video I posted things look much more
serious. Wishing them all the best of luck through
the night.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If they’re the police now, shouldn’t they be defunded?

What a time to be alive.

edit on 12-6-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Cough

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
If the mayor and state governor will not act Trump will.This is insane.
Let them do this in NYC, Chicago,LA,Detroit.Watch,..
edit on CDTFriam5161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

So your argument is, these people are breaking the law, so you want to gather people to go break the law?

Last I checked, we call that vigilantism. You serve as judge, jury and executioner.

Apropos of not much ... that seems counter-productive if the goal is maintaining the rule of law.

One of the primary assumptions of law enforcement is that citizens are simultaneously protected from law-breakers while individual rights are scrupulously maintained.

That paradoxically includes the rights of the law-breakers.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
This is what liberals want - to be ruled and extorted by a local Warlord.
Let them have it. Let them create their Utopias around the country.
All businesses will leave. All normal people will leave.
They will be left to eat rats.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

No, it's not what all liberals want.

Why must everything be presented in such extremes?

Extreme reactions to extreme actions.

Further do you live in Seattle? I don't. It's not up to us. Don't you believe in local determination?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Further do you live in Seattle? I don't. It's not up to us. Don't you believe in local determination?

Local determination in the hands of a few who extort and dictate to local residents by force - no I don't believe in that.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The Citizens Role in Law Enforcement (1965)

There is no better measure of the real nature of a society than the manner in which it treats the person accused of crime, determines guilt, and enforces its judgments. Anyone who doubts this need only look at how Communist countries treat those suspected of misdeeds. Under totalitariansm, the individual has no rights to defend himself, his home may be ransacked, he may be arrested on any official's whim, his punishment is severe, and there is virtually no appeal.

So this essay gives an interesting perspective on our current circumstances I think. It's from 1965 and at the time we in the US found ourselves in the turbulent times of the Civil Rights Movement and still immersed in the Cold War.

Do we sustain the rights of people breaking the law seeking equal rights?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Local determination in the hands of a few who extort and dictate to local residents by force - no I don't believe in that.

That's not what I said.

The decision in Seattle on the part of the elected local governments has been to work with these individuals. Perhaps the situation is more complex than a media sound-bites make it seem. I will agree with you it seems to me that this group is a) acting on behalf of a very well-planned agenda and b) the gangland violence we're seeing is counter to any message of greater civil rights.

If we break the law to enforce the law, however, we're no better than these folks defecating on the sidewalks. IMO

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

That's not what I said.

The decision in Seattle on the part of the elected local governments has been to work with these individuals. Perhaps the situation is more complex than a media sound-bites make it seem. I will agree with you it seems to me that this group is a) acting on behalf of a very well-planned agenda and b) the gangland violence we're seeing is counter to any message of greater civil rights.

If we break the law to enforce the law, however, we're no better than these folks defecating on the sidewalks. IMO

OK, but which law would be broken by rounding up those that are forcefully claiming land that does not belong to them and committing crimes against the people on that land?

edit on 12/6/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

That's not what I said.

OK, but which law would be broken by rounding up those that are forcefully claiming land that does not belong to them and committing crimes against the people on that land?

None that I am aware of. However, the elected officials on the scene are the ones who are responsible. If it turns out that they are corrupt, then it goes up the chain to the State government, and then to the Federal.

It doesn't start with forming a gang to deal with gangs, and it also doesn't start with a trigger-happy dictator wannabe dropping bunker buster bombs. (Both have been suggested in this thread.)
edit on 12-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
And in other news from the world outside the echo chamber ...

The reality of the situation in Seattle is not only the hell-hole post apocalyptic wasteland imagry being depicted here.

Balanced report from on the ground in Seattle's East Precinct:

Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone updates: Friday actions for ‘a new generation’ and a general strike, and yes, CHAZ does, indeed, attract the worst kind of people (Tim Eyman)

The CHAZ is no utopia and the concern from some organizers Thursday morning about a lack of volunteers to help keep the protest’s presence strong outside the East Precinct was telling. The CHAZ can also attract some of the worst kinds of people — gubernatorial candidate Tim Eyman was reported touring the site Thursday in full troll mode.

With COVID-19 restrictions lifting, more bars, restaurants, and stores will be interested in opening and it’s not clear how the camp will fit in with the entertainment district’s commercial aims. On Friday with the general strike planned, those kinds of conflicts will be put aside. Businesses in the area have been vocal supporters of the aims of the protests and many have opened the doors to support the crowds. But there are signs things are shifting to a new phase. Sorting out Saturday and what comes next will be the community’s challenge.

Thursday, Chief Best said she toured the East Precinct to assess damage and that planning has begun for SPD to return to the building. Response times, the chief said, are up about three times normal with East Precinct officers being dispatched out of other parts of the city. Mayor Durkan, meanwhile, repeated her belief that the movement’s central demand of a 50% cut to SPD is impossible. Without it, the activists, groups, and hangers on have said they will not leave.

edit on 12-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Correction

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The reality of the situation in Seattle is not only the hell-hole post apocalyptic wasteland imagry being depicted here.

I'm not sure I understand your statement here..."not only"? Or, did you mean just "not"?

This is kind of an important distinction, because it goes to the point I was making earlier about letting those closest to the problem sort it out, and/or, the problem will sort itself out naturally through attrition, boredom and apathy/fatigue.

Just to be clear, I am steadfast against these 'protesters', I think they're a bunch of lawless vagrants with nothing better to do. That said, I am also steadfast against any intervention beyond the local and state level to sort the matter out. This is Seattle's and Washington State's problem, and they need to fix it. If the state wants to let this drag on, so be it. Let it drag on. If the city of Seattle is willing to forgo the millions of dollars in tax revenue they are losing by allowing this to drag on, well, that's their problem. Equally, this loss in revenue should NOT be shared by anyone outside the state (i.e. federal taxpayers), ergo, no stimulus $$ for lost revenue associated with these events.

It's really simple in my mind...let Seattle and the state of Washington fix this problem (and it is a problem, but the problem is not what it appears to be on its face). Everyone, not just Seattle and Washington state, including the protesters and the rest of the US needs to look deeper at the real issue here. That is the issue which really needs to be fixed. In the meantime, the unrest in Seattle is just a symptom of a much larger age old disease, and that disease is called..."There's no such thing as a free lunch".…(no matter how you slice the bread).

Enjoy your CHAZ, Seattle. I'll be enjoying my popcorn...as the rest of America should be doing too!
edit on 6/12/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Further, if the MSM wants to cover this non-stop, 24x7, to try to drive some leftwing agenda, that's fine too.

I'll just change the channel. Soon, everyone else will too.

This whole event in Seattle is nothing more than a reincarnation of 'Occupy Wall St.' with a little police spin on it. Just a bunch of unemployed hippy vagrant ne'er-do-wells and their gangstah buddies all waving their arms about something, but nobody can agree on exactly what. There's no central plan, no end-game, just …"gimme' free stuff and lemme' be as freaky as I wanna' be...oh, and Orange Man Bad"

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

That's not what I said.

None that I am aware of. However, the elected officials on the scene are the ones who are responsible. If it turns out that they are corrupt, then it goes up the chain to the State government, and then to the Federal.

It doesn't start with forming a gang to deal with gangs, and it also doesn't start with a trigger-happy dictator wannabe dropping bunker buster bombs. (Both have been suggested in this thread.)

Clearly there is not any reasonable person who wants to bomb the place.
In terms of going up the chain, isn't that exactly what the President suggested?
'You deal with this, or I will'.
That means that the responsibility to enforce the law and protect the citizenry is at the State level, but if they fail in their duty, the Federal Govt steps in. That's constitutional.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yes. I meant Seattle is not a hell-hole.

I have no real opinion on any given set of protesters aside from their Constitutional right to assemble peacefully and speak.

I do agree with you that our American system is based on local determination, State and then Federal law enforcement in that order.

I don't want to believe some of the absolute violent statist terroristic NONSENSE on display in these threads. I have to though. We're surrounded here by a host of authoritarian acolytes who would LOVE to see the Federal Government blast Seattle into oblivion.

And any other city that dares to defy the White House.

That's' the disturbing thing here. I don't like property destruction and I certainly don't like the murders and the reported gang activity (althought that seems more and more like propaganda).

I like a terroristic Federal police state backed by the might of the AMerican Military even less. ANY reasonable person should as well, except, as alwasy these folks believe they are on the right side and it would NEVER be used against them.

It's insane.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Clearly no one wants to bomb Seattle? That's not factual based on this thread. Post after post.

The President of the United States doesn't need to make petty threats. Makes him look small. Doesn't help anything.

It's not his place to intervene in local law enforcement. It's not, by law, by legal precedent ... and just by common sense.

Think about it from the Republican side for a minute. Trump sends in the Marines, or Special Forces teams.

What optics is that going to give the Democrats to use 24/7 all the way to November 3rd.

There's no logical sense in that from any angle.
edit on 12-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join