It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dear Angel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
My Dear Angel

Angels come in many forms and shapes. They come to you in times of great need.
I needed you or rather Fred did. He was not happy about being the only “Cool Cat on The Block” after I adopted him.
Fred is a chapter of its own.
He prowled and “pursued” me so I thought, “A female could help him?”
So back to the shelter to explain my dilemma.

There you were.
“They” said you were very shy and probably wouldn’t respond to me. You, you little devil, crawled right into my arms, hung on for dear life and purred like a lion.
“They” said: “She is deaf and not fixed”
You didn’t let go, so we went home.

Fred found you absolutely adorable, although you maintained a “dignified” distance to him and every one else through out your life. You would let him groom you on occasion.
Well, Sam you hated with a vengeance even though he was smaller than you as a puppy, he still has marks on his ears.
Except me, it turned out you were a some what Turkish Angora and they are bread to bond intimately with one person.

Dear Lord, the cute cuddly kitten I brought home, challenged every inch of my patience. For years. There was no place too high for you to reach or any crevice to small for you to creep into.
Any one and every one was a “foreigner” treated with polite indifference, turning you back on any approach, except Gigi. You actually honored her with a peculiar interest, even-though she could have swallowed you in a mouthful.
When she looked at you on your perch on the table you would viciously swat (declawed) her giant face make her bark, which the whole block could hear, but you couldn’t, and continue harassing her.
She would look at me waging and smiling as if to say “Mommy, this is fun”

You were soooo tiny, light as a feather most of your life. Later, as you became less active you reached a whopping eleven pounds. Still not to heavy when you snuggle onto my head at night.
You hated being on the floor, jumping from place to place you would reach your imaginary destination and at times get “lost” in a room, yowling until I “found” you. Or just agonize outside a door I dared close.
You could jump six feet horizontally until recently.
You my dear have given me so much joy, you are so “alien”, When you were young you would sit on chest and stare into my eyes, tilting your head back and forth touching a paw to my face if I closed mine.
With those slanted eyes of yours you looked like a fury ET.

And God you can purr, you are a purr machine, falling asleep to that rumble on my head is heaven. I will miss that very much.
I forgot to mention the 'kittens' (another tail) whom you seem to accept.

I hope you know I love you. You, Fred and Sam have gone through hell and back with me. Thank you.

Yesterday, I learned that Angel only has twenty percent kidney function left, she was acting very odd and had lost wait within a short time frame, so off to the vet. My vet, whom I regard as one of the finest (she does wonders with animals, but shows poorly hidden contempt for people), knows me well. I do not approve of life extending treatment if it doesn’t cure or eliminates pain. And I demand relentless honesty.
I asked if she could handle another week, yes.
So I have six days to ‘prepare’. She will have a spot next to Fred in the front yard. He rests under a great hollow log with willows growing on top and Angel will have a tree I can shape. A Buck thorn.

This little account doesn’t serve Angel justice, but it’s all I got. The rest is in my heart. Fifteen years can’t be put into a few lines.
Thanks for reading. Where else do you place an ‘animal eulogy’.
WIS

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I didn't need to cry today

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Thank you for that; I have one of those myself that improved everyone that she had contact with.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What a proper, and moving statement. Thank you for sharing. I too am faced with my friends getting older. In fact, I just had to start my Lucy on Rimadyl today, as she is struggling to get up on the couch. I have 2 Basset Hounds, and they tend to have issues. Anyways, You both sound like you got what you both needed from each other. Saying goodbye to a beloved pet is never easy. God bless!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thank you for the amazing pictures. It is crazy how much they "mature" of the years. They take on that look of wisdom and strength.

You were blessed to have such a light in your life.

I am sorry that it had to leave you.

I would watch for signs.

Blessed be.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

My condolences.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You make me cry guys, thank you for 'being'. Such kind words and so fast I ....

Not only was she diagnosed but on the same day Sam was given the verdict of a tumor in his eye.

Sam is the 'little one', how long he can handle it I don't know, but for now he is "gun ho". When the pain kicks in I will walk that path.
Three in one year.

Thank you, so much for letting me be me. Crying my eyes out.
edit on 27-5-2020 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2020 by WalkInSilence because: letter

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

This is a really beautiful tribute, WIS. I know you'll give her all the love she needs before the next big step, but I'm sorry for what you're going through and know how bad it hurts. Beautiful pictures and story.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm hesitant to add my words here as a few words will not allow you to recover from your upcoming loss.

Hugs to you my friend as i know how important our furry angels are and how much their loss can hurt. They have been there with us through the good and the bad without complaining or forcing us to change our ways. They accept us with all our faults as the loves of their lives. They are our best friends.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
i wish I could respond to all of you now, but I can't, I would turn into a blob on the floor.
But I will say, this, YOU, is why ATS has remained in my heart for fifteen years.
We are here for each other despite our difference.
We pull together.

I can finally cry now.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Now I must seek revenge for my tears!

im sorry you're going through this...

Truly the hardest part about having pets is saying goodbye..

This is a beautiful poem I tend to post in these occasions

I can't read it anymore without blubbering like a child

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear that you're losing such a dear friend.

I've always had a cat in my life, usually more than one.

Each one has left its own print on my heart. You'll never forget her; you'll always love her. And you were absolutely put in each other's way because it was necessary and a good thing. And I have to believe that we'll see all our beloved friends again someday.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

💔 I’m so sorry.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I am not a cat person but my gf is. We rescued a tripawed who was caught in a trap. She lost her leg part of her tail and the tips of her ears. I love that damn cat. This was touching.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I am not a cat person but my gf is. We rescued a tripawed who was caught in a trap. She lost her leg part of her tail and the tips of her ears. I love that damn cat. This was touching.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Absolutely beautiful. I'd be a liar if I said I'm not crying.

Best wishes, it's never easy

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

This is the perfect letter of love to Angel.
I've been through this with cats, but mostly dogs.
Reading this my heart is breaking.

I'm being honest, I'm in tears and again this letter for Angel is perfect.

I wish you guys the absolute best.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

This breaks my heart. Much love to you and yours. I am so glad you two have had each other.

Every cat of mine that has died has taken part of me with them.

ETA: Just saw about Sam and his eye. This is very hard.
edit on 28-5-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I am sorry WIS. Losing an animal friend always hurt like losing a family member to me. I am thinking of you.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Sorry about your cat. I hope the end is peaceful and pain free.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join