It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narrative being built for the George Floyd case

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Maybe the cop and floyd had history?

Maybe that's why floyd is so sure they are going to kill him as he yells that out in one of the videos.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I have no idea, but it is Minneapolis, and given some of the things you hear about the other government areas in the city, it wouldn't surprise me if there weren't some serious funds mismanagement going on at some level or other.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Maybe the cop and floyd had history?

Maybe that's why floyd is so sure they are going to kill him as he yells that out in one of the videos.

Could very well be... The guy seemed to not be a stranger to the cops and was most likely been involved with past crimes such as he was doing then. They might have known each other quite well, and I hope anything along those lines comes out. It was at a minimum manslaughter with extreme negligence in my books.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I have no idea, but it is Minneapolis, and given some of the things you hear about the other government areas in the city, it wouldn't surprise me if there weren't some serious funds mismanagement going on at some level or other.

Under paid get you poor workers to pick from and under staff just sets them all up for failure.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I say that knowing that most police interactions happen with black people. So knowing that police have percentage wise more interactions they are going to view black people as more suspect then other races.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

a reply to: scraedtosleep

Oh I dont know maybe because he is cutting off his breahing??

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Under paid get you poor workers to pick from and under staff just sets them all up for failure.

But from the perspective of government, it's a great setup for the next big tax initiative. "Give us what we want, or we'll have crappy cops."

It's the counterpart to "Give us what we want or cops and EMTs will suffer."

No one ever asks where the last round of money went.
edit on 27-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

No one ever asks where the last round of money went.

Or at a minimum what is the priority of the people.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

I say that knowing that most police interactions happen with black people. So knowing that police have percentage wise more interactions they are going to view black people as more suspect then other races.

Hold on one second. Let's qualify what we say based on the data.

Why do we jump to the conclusion that "most police interactions happen with black people". That seems like a knee-jerk assertion. Statistically, blacks compromise a minority of the US population, %13-%15. Just thinking logically, one ought to expect that the majority of police encounters take place among the largest demographic segment in the country, which is white citizens.

Here is what the 2018 FBI NIBRS ( National Incident-Based Reporting System) report states; this excerpt taken from the summary report page:

Arestees

Law enforcement agencies submitted data to the UCR Program through incident reports and arrest reports for 3,480,625 arrestees.

•Of these arrestees, 32.5 percent were 21 to 30 years of age.
•By gender, 71.4 percent were male, and 28.6 percent were female.
By race, most arrestees (69.6 percent) were White, 24.7 percent were Black or African American, and 2.9 percent were of other races. The race was unknown for 2.8 percent of arrestees.

Note this is data representative of ARRESTS, not interactions, but even so, we should expect a similar ratio for 'interactions', if such a statistic is even tracked (maybe it is IDK but I reckon it would be very difficult to track this data point accurately because there would undeniably be some large percentage X of interactions where officers cannot/do not log the event taking place, due to lack of time or resources to catalog it).

So if, IF, we presume to infer who/what kinds of people police find suspicious based on the raw number of criminal encounters that take place, as you suggest, then the data would indicate police officers should focus on white citizens, because by the numbers they commit the largest net number of crimes per year.

I can only guess that you are making your assumption based on other statistical data aside from tally of raw police:citizen interactions, but even that is a "leap to a conclusion". We shouldn't make blanket assumptions like that, and I bet any police officer worth his/her salt doesn't, although we all know, every profession has its bad apples, police being no exception.

Ask yourself: aren't police trained to examine situation more critically than simply looking at someone's skin color and using that as an indicator of whether or not they are a prospective criminal? By the numbers, if that were the case, police should be zeroing in on white citizens.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Time for the President to send his heavy Hitters and bust that Cops ass right now while the fire is hot....every single hour that goes by without formal charges being lain is like 24 hours going by for a normal person in terms of % of successful investigation and prosecution ....the Thin Blue Line will already be hard at work putting together lies to defend him with the BASTARDIZED laws they have criminally entrenched to use against We the People.

Charges MUST BE LAID FIRST based on evidence the public now sees ...and the benefit of the doubt MUST GO TO THE PUBLIC NOT LAW ENFORCEMENT who are the hired employees like it or not.

I hired employee just murdered a man in cold blood he executed him arbitrarily in PUBLIC in AMerica…..that man MUST BE PROSECUTED IMMEDIATLY and the questions of wether or not he followed SOP can be worked out in a civil suit....right now it is clear he committed a cold blooded murder/execution and misused or misdirected STANDARD PROCEDURES have jack # to do with it....that was MURDER FIRST....#ty police work second....the Union and defense lawyers who want o let him walk as they always do can have their say AFTER HIS MURDER TRIAL IS OVER.

This wont ever stop until the Cops are charged with murder and convicted ….immediately before the Police Unions and the corrupt crooked investigations get going.... the Unions and Lawyers and Crooked Prosecutors and Judges MUST BE IDENTIFIED NOW so we can stop them from continuing their graft.

Anyone who by name delays this from immediate murder charges with the benefit of the doubt going to The People....is complicit and must be noted for remediations later.

This is a LITMUS TEST for the changing times.

We need to see that Cop IN CUFFS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ON ALL THESE SAME ONLINE CONDUITS....to make things right....the People need to know the System is for EVERYONE EVERY EMPLOYEE and that they can havE confidence that it works....LETTING HIM WALK HURTS ALL OF America....ITS HURTING America AS WE SPEAK.

I SAW A MAN MURDERED/EXECUTED ARBITRARILY BY A CIVIC EMPLOYEE….IN public IN cold blood.....TOMORROW I EXPECT TO SEE THAT SAME MURDERER in handcuffs being taken onto custody….and if I don't see tha how can I believe in America? How can I believe in Trump? How can I believe in a safe future for my Kids?

Its SHOW ME TIME...show me how I can BELIEVE AGAIN in all the right things.

Tell your President...everyone tell your President...he WILL ALWAYS HELP YOU IF YOU ASK HE WILL NEVER FORGET NOR FORSAKE YOU...why not just try and ask him?....test him ?....People CAN TALK TO THE PRESIDENT YOPU KNOW ...YES REGULAR EVERY DAY AMERICANS ALL HAVE THAT RIGHT.....remember?

Just so we are clear here ok.....that Cp must be arrested for Murder...the Cop who stood by and tried blocking the camera view is a direct accessory to the facrt….all the rest are also accessories to the crime....all must be suspened immediately and in the case of the one intentionally blocking the camera charges must be lain immediately.....you have to make the scissors bigger than the Thin Blue Line is thick.You cant convict the Murderer unless you also convict the accessories....there can BE NO DEFENSE THAT THEY WERE FOLLOWING PROTOCAL and that this is an internal issue frost....this is a CRIMINAL ISSUE FIRST.....clearly.

edit on 27-5-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

That's a mistake though.

They laid charges based on what the public saw in the Gentle Giant case and couldn't get any conviction because the charges were wrong. I'm not saying there was no basis for any charges so much as there was no 1st Degree Murder, and I don't think the grievance, cops are racist crowd will be happy with anything until they get one charged with that.

But there have been several times where cops were charged with murder and they likely could have gotten convicted of manslaughter, but they were charged with 1st Degree which just wasn't supported by the evidence when it all come out.

Make realistic charges; get realistic convictions. Wait for all the evidence.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: American-philosopher
Question I have and maybe I have only seen the one video but there are four officers in question right. Why werent the other 3 officers helping to restrain the man in a more non violent way?

Why is knee to the neck an acceptable means of detaining someone in the first place?

I wrestled when I was younger and I know there are many many ways to detain a person that would never lead to them dieing.

As far as murder charges are concerned I leave it up to the courts. Innocent until proven guilty.

Guilty as we all see... and I am ok with your innnoent until proven otherwise as long as his ass is arrested immediately and we let the system work it out.

That means video of him in Cuffs MUST BE on every single Internet forum and conduit that has been broadcasting the arbitrary PUBLIC Murder/Execution.

Then yes,he can get a Lawyer and show us he is innocent.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

That's a mistake though.

They laid charges based on what the public saw in the Gentle Giant case and couldn't get any conviction because the charges were wrong. I'm not saying there was no basis for any charges so much as there was no 1st Degree Murder, and I don't think the grievance, cops are racist crowd will be happy with anything until they get one charged with that.

But there have been several times where cops were charged with murder and they likely could have gotten convicted of manslaughter, but they were charged with 1st Degree which just wasn't supported by the evidence when it all come out.

Make realistic charges; get realistic convictions. Wait for all the evidence.

Realisticlly speaking there are Special Laws and Statutes related to Gang involved or Organised Crime related Homocides…..

All the Cops on that scene are CULLPABLE....every single one had views of what we all saw...and parts to play in the entire dynamic with views sufficient enough and verbal pleas sufficient enough to have defined the offending Officers actions as being criminal for any of a large number of reasons....and the Cop who blocked the Camera I do believe in many Jurisdictions would be equally as culpable as the Murderering Officer is.....a direct participant who prevented anyone from witnessing orstoppingthe murder the Capitol Crime.....when taken in muck less than a BROAD view this is a GANG RELATED CRIME with all officers on the immediate scene being directly involved an Cullpable to verying CRIMINAL DEGREES....this is actually a Gang Related Homocide and any Law Student could direclty link the behaviousrs of all Officers on Scene to the thin Blue Line.....to the GANG THAT PARTICIPATES IN AND SUPPORTS ...The Thin Blue Line....and make no mistake this is a Nation Wide organised Gang.This is a National Concern.....call your President ASAP.

Many times in the past a failure to charge or hold accountable other on scene Officers for failing to stop crimes in process right in front of them....has been a HUGE part of the offending Cops walking away easily....if you are HONEST AND ALTRUISITC in your approach you will TELL THE TRUTH ON BEHALF OF JUSTICE and immediately concede that ALL OFFICERS WHO SAW THIS AND DID NOT INTERVENE ARE GUILTY to some varying legal degrees of criminality....this is NOT A CIVIL ISSUE FIRST....this is a CRIMINAL ISSUE FIRST.

edit on 27-5-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I don't really have anything to add. Just figured I'd put this up. 5 or so minutes of security footage.

Edit: sorry, this as well. The above footage is part of what the poster on Facebook was referring to regarding the post. They also published the same clip a bit after NBC did.

Jared Brewington

on Tuesday

PLEASE SHARE

At 6 a.m. today I was contacted by the Washington Post regarding the killing of George Perry Floyd. They thought I still owned the location where Funky Grits was on 38th & Chicago. They were looking for the first half of footage, before Mr. Floyd was on the ground and died.

Luckily, the new restaurant owner Rashad Shad West (Dragon Wok) is a close friend. I coordinated the safe retrieval of this important footage. Rashad and his family are in this location to promote another minority-owned business and help grow love. They have asked me to coordinate this video release to protect the community and protect the truth of a horrible act by authorities. Their hearts are heavy today, as are all of ours. Their cameras saw the entire arrest before the horrendous video we all saw today.

WE HAVE THE ONLY FOOTAGE THE POLICE DO NOT HAVE, AND WE HAVE SHARED IT WITH THE WASHINGTON POST! IT WILL BE RELEASED SOON.

The FBI came this morning with warrants and took footage from the other area businesses.

Mr. Floyd was handcuffed without resistance and listened to the officers. They walked him across the street, laid him down.....and you saw the rest. This was murder.

I am posting this to protect the TRUTH, the Southside, Minneapolis and black men. This footage is safe and unedited.

edit on 5/27/20 by Magnivea because: Added some.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

What the video fails to show is that the other 2 cops were on top of Mr. Floyd as well. They were obscured by the cop car. So watching the video leads you to believe that it was the one lone cop, flaunting his "authority" like a big game hunter poses proudly over a kill. Disgusting, to say the least. Well, as horrific as the video is, it does not tell the whole story. I am not talking about the parts we couldn't see towards the beginning. In my opinion, what happened in the moments prior to the takedown is irrelevent. There is nothing that Mr. Floyd could have done or said to warrant the actions taken by those officers. But, when you see the photo taken by a witness from across the street, the initial disgust you felt from the video quickly returns. But then as this new information slowly syncs with the previous data, a new updated reality is revealed. But, now it feels even darker than before. More sinister. Because now the narrative becomes much different. Before, we had 1 racist, egotistical bitch of a cop scoffing at the notion of his possible use of excessive force. In his sick little head, he is just "doing his job". Taking whatever actions necessary to take control of the current situation. I mean, c'mon, my 12 year old daughter would take him in an armwrestling match. That being said, he must do anything and everything necessary to overcome the glaringly obvious disadvantage he has while in confrontation with a real man. And if that means putting a bullet in someones head or putting a knee on someones neck, then so be it. He just doin what he gotta do to survive.

But now seeing those other 2 cops on his back and on his legs and realizing that the 3 of them could have and should have stood him up at any time and put him in the back of the car. I mean, one man in cuffs is no threat to 3 police officers. I mean, what could he possibly do? There is NO reason to have kept him on the ground for that long, much less with a bony ass knee digging in his fckn neck the entire time. it goes from a cut and dry excessive force case to a hate crime, a freakin modern day lynching. It goes from another tragic example of the ongoing discrimination and distrust between the black community and these b****es who all of a sudden feel like men because there wearing a fckn badge. Pffft. Let me tell you what; you p***ies can have the shiniest badge in the world and stripes running down both sleeves, but that will NEVER compensate for your lack of, or the total non-existance of, testicles. Know that. And finally, it goes from, in my opinion, a manslaughter charge to a murder case.

This draws parallels to the Rodney King beating. Rodney King lived... and we all know what happened to those cops. But, George Floyd lost his life.. let us hope this time we get a different ending. R.I.P. George Floyd. You will be remembered.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Because he was being called out by the on looking people and had to put on a show?

Nah he was just on a power trip and didnt mind murdering him. Murder now make an excuse later

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Then it still needs to play out the way it plays out.

I get that it's maddening, but I'd rather they took their time and did a thorough job and made a solid case that can get conviction then throw anger or politically motivated charges at it and let someone walk who shouldn't because they overplay their hand.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Then it still needs to play out the way it plays out.

I get that it's maddening, but I'd rather they took their time and did a thorough job and made a solid case that can get conviction then throw anger or politically motivated charges at it and let someone walk who shouldn't because they overplay their hand.

You do realise that not only did they murder him in cold blood execution style but they forced him to urinate himself and die humiliated....you DO realise when you watch that video the Murderers are all watching his urine run across the pavement …..Every single Cop on that scene in that video is GUILTY of multiple crimes up to and including Capitol Murder......he begged for his Mama....as he was being murdered and was urinating himself....there are no technicalities that will let these Murderers walk...this is an American Litmus test...as we speak today we can only hope that there is an inner power that America possesses which will step out of the Shadows now and ARREST EACH AND EVERY PROSECUTOR JUDGE COP JANITOR OR ANYONE ELSE involved in this crime or the subsequent slowing down railroading screwing with or otherwise trying to impede the Peoples Justice.

Laws have to change...now is the time...this is the case the American Public needs to see followed through on completely....wiping out crooked barriers along the way and exposing and charging them and chaning laws along the way in needed...or creating newer bigger laws if that's faster.

I do believe that there is a window of opportunity to use Military supports when dealing with a Civic POLICE FORCE.....and I do believe that police force IS SUBJECT TO MILITARY lAW when crimes are committed against Americans in an organised manner which undermines National Harmony Security and Progress.....same with Judges and Prosecutors...even Supreme Court Judges. Im not sure how to get the shoe to fit but I know its the right size.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Note this is data representative of ARRESTS, not interactions, but even so, we should expect a similar ratio for 'interactions', if such a statistic is even tracked (maybe it is IDK but I reckon it would be very difficult to track this data point accurately because there would undeniably be some large percentage X of interactions where officers cannot/do not log the event taking place, due to lack of time or resources to catalog it).

I think you have a bvaild point but we should laos look at the incarceration rate as well.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Firewater

Yes you are right, and obviously from what we saw last night this has ripped a city apart. I mean people who were told to stay in inside for the lockdown have all this pent up energy/aggression and after a huge injustice. these are the results,.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join