It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gilgamesh tablet, Iraqi heritage, and looting.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A tip of the iceberg in my honest opinion.

Back in 1991 Saddam Hussein invaded and plundered Kuwait, which sparked a controversial war between the USA and Iraq, a number of museums and collections of ancient artifacts from what is a hot spot for the known, 'cradle of civilization', was looted, went missing, and people from all over the world reaped the benefits of war for their private collections, and inconspicuous museum displays for the public eye to view, with a price of course.

Tactics to hide the purchase and smuggling efforts for these artifacts were to simply just use common parcel carriers, and forged documents, who did not understand what exactly was being shipped, one of the biggest offenders of this was a company known as Hobby Lobby, which admitted:

The ancient artefacts were smuggled into the US through the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Israel to Hobby Lobby's Oklahoma offices, with falsified shipping labels claiming the packages contained "ceramic tiles", and originated in Turkey and Israel.

"The company imprudently relied on dealers and shippers who, in hindsight, did not understand the correct way to document and ship these items," Hobby Lobby said.

Although they were warned that these rare artifacts may have been smuggled, looted, and exported from unknown sources, they continued to practice this sort of business.
Hobby Lobby is a company that is directly affiliated with 'The Museum of the Bible' a museum aimed at bringing forth archaeological and historical references to the christian bible. Unfortunately, they have been caught on more then one occasion with either fakes, stolen artifacts, or working under the table with un-sourceable contacts, as seen above.

Opened in just 2017 it has already been under the view of many critics, and was scrutinized for having a complete set of entirely fake, dead sea scrolls.

The museum opened in 2017—and not long after, doubts began to swirl about the authenticity of its Dead Sea Scrolls. Five were confirmed to be fake. And now, reports Michael Greshko for National Geographic, a study commissioned by the museum has reached an even more damning conclusion: “[N]one of the textual fragments in the Museum of the Bible’s Dead Sea Scroll collection are authentic.”

With this track record in such a short amount of time, the museum and Hobby Lobby are now under the radar, and just recently have been accused of purchasing a very controversial piece of literature, a known and only copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh, that went missing from the Iraqi region, and vanished. It went undetected for many years through a series of forged documents and auction houses, under private ownership, and eventually, bought up by Hobby Lobby and later displayed at their Museum Of the Bible:

US prosecutors are seeking to confiscate a rare ancient tablet from a Christian museum co-founded by the president of retailer Hobby Lobby.

According to sources, the museum and Hobby Lobby are cooperating. And the tablet will most likely be returned to it's home land, but they are also fighting back by playing the victim card:

In a statement, Christie's said the lawsuit was linked to alleged illegal conduct "predating Christie's involvement" with the artefact.

It's rather an interesting and tragic situation for these artifacts to be handled in such a manner. Spoils of war and conflict looted and passed around as trophies; how many are in private collections, in someones basement, library, or in a box somewhere, missing pieces of the puzzle. And how many are in plain sight, or smuggled to the highest bidder knowing their true value, and manipulate their context and historical significance to fit their own narrative.

www.bbc.com...

www.smithsonianmag.com...

www.bbc.com...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
A tip of the iceberg in my honest opinion.

Back in 1991 Saddam Hussein invaded and plundered Kuwait, which sparked a controversial war between the USA and Iraq, a number of museums and collections of ancient artifacts from what is a hot spot for the known, 'cradle of civilization', was looted, went missing, and people from all over the world reaped the benefits of war for their private collections, and inconspicuous museum displays for the public eye to view, with a price of course.

Tactics to hide the purchase and smuggling efforts for these artifacts were to simply just use common parcel carriers, and forged documents, who did not understand what exactly was being shipped, one of the biggest offenders of this was a company known as Hobby Lobby, which admitted:

The ancient artefacts were smuggled into the US through the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Israel to Hobby Lobby's Oklahoma offices, with falsified shipping labels claiming the packages contained "ceramic tiles", and originated in Turkey and Israel.

"The company imprudently relied on dealers and shippers who, in hindsight, did not understand the correct way to document and ship these items," Hobby Lobby said.

Although they were warned that these rare artifacts may have been smuggled, looted, and exported from unknown sources, they continued to practice this sort of business.
Hobby Lobby is a company that is directly affiliated with 'The Museum of the Bible' a museum aimed at bringing forth archaeological and historical references to the christian bible. Unfortunately, they have been caught on more then one occasion with either fakes, stolen artifacts, or working under the table with un-sourceable contacts, as seen above.

Opened in just 2017 it has already been under the view of many critics, and was scrutinized for having a complete set of entirely fake, dead sea scrolls.

The museum opened in 2017—and not long after, doubts began to swirl about the authenticity of its Dead Sea Scrolls. Five were confirmed to be fake. And now, reports Michael Greshko for National Geographic, a study commissioned by the museum has reached an even more damning conclusion: “[N]one of the textual fragments in the Museum of the Bible’s Dead Sea Scroll collection are authentic.”

With this track record in such a short amount of time, the museum and Hobby Lobby are now under the radar, and just recently have been accused of purchasing a very controversial piece of literature, a known and only copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh, that went missing from the Iraqi region, and vanished. It went undetected for many years through a series of forged documents and auction houses, under private ownership, and eventually, bought up by Hobby Lobby and later displayed at their Museum Of the Bible:

US prosecutors are seeking to confiscate a rare ancient tablet from a Christian museum co-founded by the president of retailer Hobby Lobby.

According to sources, the museum and Hobby Lobby are cooperating. And the tablet will most likely be returned to it's home land, but they are also fighting back by playing the victim card:

In a statement, Christie's said the lawsuit was linked to alleged illegal conduct "predating Christie's involvement" with the artefact.

It's rather an interesting and tragic situation for these artifacts to be handled in such a manner. Spoils of war and conflict looted and passed around as trophies; how many are in private collections, in someones basement, library, or in a box somewhere, missing pieces of the puzzle. And how many are in plain sight, or smuggled to the highest bidder knowing their true value, and manipulate their context and historical significance to fit their own narrative.

www.bbc.com...

www.smithsonianmag.com...

www.bbc.com...

We require Global Laws enforcing the protection of Humanitarian History....of artifacts and of the study of those artifacts....we need a global centralised co-opted braintrust that is open sourced and shared by everyone Globally.....organised religons will have to adapt or go extinct its up to them....they are all designed to be changed at whim anyways they just wont do it until force to do it.....you have to stop the Gravy Train to stop the negativity fromm breeding and surviving.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Yeah... no. That's fantastical and not based in reality. Such an organization would be co-opted by the global black market and then the problem would become both industrialized on a massive scale AND protected by law. Your hearts in the right place, though. And that's decidely more important.

OP: As someone who is fascinated by ancient culture, that my country pulled a British Empire-esque corporate looting spree make me wanna vomit. Some of my people have no respect for the world that birthed them.

God-damned invertibrates.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WorldUnderCeej

Yeah... no. That's fantastical and not based in reality. Such an organization would be co-opted by the global black market and then the problem would become both industrialized on a massive scale AND protected by law. Your hearts in the right place, though. And that's decidely more important.

OP: As someone who is fascinated by ancient culture, that my country pulled a British Empire-esque corporate looting spree make me wanna vomit. Some of my people have no respect for the world that birthed them.

God-damned invertibrates.

I realise its asking a lot....lol....but Humanity is worth the ask.

There would be no black market because there would be no unregistered legal collections or Auctions to launder the Black Market goods through and if simple Possesion of unregistered antiquities were a crime then boom no more problems.

You must recover them yourself personally and immediately register them ,youcant sell them trade them gift them nor ditch them and you are only a lifetime Steward not an Owner, your collection can only grow if you put in the sweat equity to go find it dig it and recover it....but no profit is possible beyond a lifetime of pleasurable Stewardship.

If you dig something up you register it....if its a one of a kind you make it available for research and testing then if you want it you keep it....but you must register it in a Global database and you cannot sell trade nor gift it nor return it to is insitu state it must go from your personal lifespan dictated purveyance back to Humanity.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Again, big fat no. The denizens of the area aren't proud of their pagan past. The Europeans forced the issue, otherwise it would all still be buried in sand. The Sumerians also weren't Semites, and Islam is based upon Bedouin cultural practice. They are Semitic.

These artifacts should belong to Iraq, and Iraq alone. It's good they were removed, as ISIS would've smashed it all and we'd have nothing. Not that I'm a champion of the looting, but at least something survived ISIS. Look what they did to Nimrud. For centuries that was the imperial seat of Assyria, who were Semitic bastard-monotheists. The only reason we know ANYTHING about post-Sumeria Mesopotamia is almost 100% due to Assyria.

We should learn to honor a nation's ancient culture, instead of trying to steal it and claim it as our own. It's a main reason they (ISIS) went and smashed these places up. Sumeria would've been bulldozed as well, but they never got a strong foothold in sothern Iraq.

Your views are just too idealistic to be taken seriously. And it's not like I even disagree with how you feel about it. But the world is as it is. It does us no good pretending things are otherwise and then trying to build ideas for reality on illusory foundations.

I cried when I heard about Nimrud. That set us back by unknown amounts, as the place wasn't fully excavated before they bulldozed it. The Hanging Gardens were probably in Nineveh, not Babylon. Nebuchadnezzar co-opted it after destroying Nineveh, as that city was DEFINITELY greater than Babylon at the time.

Sennacherib made damn sure of that when he destroyed Babylon in 689. He got his, though. As did Assyria. They were erased from history until Europeans dug them up. Before that, only the Bible mentioned them. But Judaism is LOATHE to admit their bastard monotheistic origins.

Always boggles my mind, how the Semitic races are so ashamed of their ancient identities. Like their God doesn't know their past or some malarkey.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
There are things in private collections museums can only dream about.

Saddam was the latest, it's been ahppening for centuries.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I weep when I watch WWG1WGA videos of people from all around the world bringing themselves together, I did not ever think I would see that in my lifetime either.

Most people don't have time to care they have been Farmed to not have time.Others have simply given up.

I do not domesticize well, nor do I understand giving up.

There are very very few Despots.....its not like you think....Ive remediated Bullies in my life and witnessed what happens to group dynamics once you remove the head of the Snake.....the body dies every time like Majik.

Art and Paintings are money laundering vehicles....its all a scam.....remove the sugar and the bees will go away.

We have International agreements to kill Potato bugs and other vermin ,one would think this is doable.

For those hiding things Privately.....we all die and if your Money is confiscated along with your illegal antiquities and valueless Art work if you are busted and your Family is denied your entire Inheritance.....well I think greed beats Art hands down...like I said the dollar values are all just a part of the Global Money laundering scam we are now seeing being taken down and apart.

Fact is there are technologies we have not been told about they are seeking....this is not and has never been about Antiquities falsely valued and priced to support a Global Cabal money laundering business.

This is about lieing to the People....sure is the Cabal protecting their Money Monger leaders and its Religons who are part of that mess trying to protect their own lies......you see it all begins and ends with one word......lie.....if you do it you become the enemy by choice….its really quite simple.

I do believe there are many thousands of People globally who would love nothing more than to devote their living time to restoring Humanities ONE TRUE HISTORY and in said process hunting down and repatriating millions of articles currently being hidden from We the People.

Stop the money laundering and Religious lies and release the technologies to the world and you remove the dollar values....then its a non-issue.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Fact is there are technologies we have not been told about they are seeking

Please enlighten us on that statement.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The Guardian have been covering aspects of the whole Hobby Lobby/Bible Museum debacle since the end of last year when it emerged that a highly respected Oxford academic may have fraudently sold some of Oxford's collection of papyrus fragments. Evidently, the Bible Museum appears to have been throwing around so much money in it's quest to tell the story of the bible that prices became massively inflated which has led to all sorts of temptations.

There are a number of articles on this from the Guardian, most recently relating to the arrest of said don, but this is a good, in depth piece - the long read, as they call it - a few months old but a good read.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Yeah this is old news....
but God I love Hobby Lobby, they have enough art supply for me to forge ancient artefacts.

thinking about it makes me wanna mold some clay... anyone want a realistic looking Cuneiform tablet?

edit on 22-5-2020 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
Yeah this is old news....
but God I love Hobby Lobby, they have enough art supply for me to forge ancient artefacts.

thinking about it makes me wanna mold some clay... anyone want a realistic looking Cuneiform tablet?

They appear to be a front for illegal activities involving artifact smuggling

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I would love to but the thread would not survive it....lol...lets put it this way....lots of people want to fit history onto their own personal Belief Based Template...like forcing a square peg into a round hole.....a lot of people are close to putting the pieces together ...but they have to be careful about what they wish for....Bible Museums are fine but what will they do when their hard work carries them far beyond their own personal Templates of what they wish reality to be?......will they be capable of ADDING to their current dogmatic beliefs?...will they evolve or go extinct?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

...lets put it this way....lots of people want to fit history onto their own personal Belief Based Template...like forcing a square peg into a round hole

That is precisely what you did when you stated

Fact is there are technologies we have not been told about they are seeking.

Harte

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

...lets put it this way....lots of people want to fit history onto their own personal Belief Based Template...like forcing a square peg into a round hole

That is precisely what you did when you stated

Fact is there are technologies we have not been told about they are seeking.

Harte

Well , lets put it this way, there are many different types of Technology from many different Humanitarian Epochs....they overlap and underly one another in many cases....beliefs are not evidence based....dogma is not evidence based.....

Who is the Square Peg and who is the Round Hole?

Specific Technologies or Data is not important.

If an individual cannot depart from their lifetime of boxed in learning if they are not willing to let go of it ALL....hypothetically....without one single pushback question or query......then they are making a choice to remain where they are.....to not evolve.

We are simply talking about Technology Suppression actioned to defend a false Humanitarian History which if revealed would destroy current nefarious Global Superstructures and would turn all religious dogmas upon their collective ears in one fell swoop and then would bring THEM ALL TOGETHER IN A BLINDING FLASH OF COGNIZANT RECKONING.

Truth is there are simply a lot of bad people in the world...and they are not all ingrates -- evil but not stupid .....so no I am not going to take anyones hand here and walk them through learning anything they could use to hurt people....we need to do this carefully and Globally.....and its just not my job....obviously its way harder to understand for a Neuro-Typical mind than for a Visual thinker....you see its a quandry….a moral quandry.

edit on 23-5-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Harte

One4all

We are simply talking about Technology Suppression actioned to defend a false Humanitarian History which if revealed would destroy current nefarious Global Superstructures and would turn all religious dogmas upon their collective ears in one fell swoop and then would bring THEM ALL TOGETHER IN A BLINDING FLASH OF COGNIZANT RECKONING.

Wow, what a bunch of burnt Mastodon tar that is. Marvelous, now:

So One4all, if you know this please do tell us so we can too enjoy the flash. I mean don't hog all the flash for yourself!!!

Be sure to use Capital Letters.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Harte

One4all

Wow, what a bunch of burnt Mastodon tar that is. Marvelous, now:

So One4all, if you know this please do tell us so we can too enjoy the flash. I mean don't hog all the flash for yourself!!!

Be sure to use Capital Letters.

Its clearly to much to completely expound upon without disturbing the thread focus...but in short...think about a Butterflys lifecycle.....then think about Humanity being a Universal Butterfly that is born to leave Earth......a Migration born of necessity .

No matter how far or for how long they broadcast themselves and no matter how much they evolve and change over that time period some always come home....they are driven by Instinct.

Sometimes more than one Group from more than one Timeline come Home @ the same time to visit....us.

These Groups may not even comprehend religious dogma now...but our own religious zealots will surely capitolise on the facts as they evolve and will immediately bring all of these different Groups under Gods umbrella as Man..... and they will try to convert them....lol.

edit on 24-5-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Wow thanks one4all. Nothing better than incoherent brain stew served up cold in an old boot.

Appreciated

I presume you are presenting an idea that wave after wave of 'humans' have lived on earth, evolve, leave and then much later come back as UFO's???

Or is it a recipe for interdenominational multi-universal succotash?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Wow thanks one4all. Nothing better than incoherent brain stew served up cold in an old boot.

Appreciated

I presume you are presenting an idea that wave after wave of 'humans' have lived on earth, evolve, leave and then much later come back as UFO's???

You clearly got the point....your lippy comments are just that....lippy.....lol..I am actually glad to hear them because it means you aren't already 1km under water feeding the fishes or under 1-2km of mud slurry refilling our Global Oil reserves for the next Cycle of Humanity to utilise as the RENEWABLE resource it really is.I am surprised you were able to put that much together so quickly...fall and bump your beanbag or something?

edit on 25-5-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Appreciated

You clearly got the point....your lippy comments are just that....lippy.....lol..I am actually glad to hear them because it means you aren't already 1km under water feeding the fishes or under 1-2km of mud slurry refilling our Global Oil reserves for the next Cycle of Humanity to utilise as the RENEWABLE resource it really is.I am surprised you were able to put that much together so quickly...fall and bump your beanbag or something?

Oh, I'm always that way. If you are going to pump out nonsense -why shouldn't I?

Giggles

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Appreciated

Oh, I'm always that way. If you are going to pump out nonsense -why shouldn't I?

Giggles

I spent quite a few years working in the Petroleum Industry @ the Boots on the Ground level....then upwardly trending.

I would be more than happy to teach you what Oil really is. This has always been a Standby icebreaker for teaching interested People about this topic.

Oil is renewable and is made up of biological material of every sort including a few billion people......Oil is of differing ages...some fresh and only a few thousand years old .

The entire Industry is a fraud,as is the history surrounding it and the information we have been given is also lies.

Really this is an age group issue...the older you are the more brainwashed you are and the harder it is to each you and furthermore the less reward there is for time invested...I generally don't waste time on oppositionally defiant lazy adult minds.But this is ATS home of the Oppositionally defiant mind that lightly veils the disinformation agenda it spews whe here I have to work with what I have in front of me.

I am to old to give much time....if you have any real questions I can fast track you...other than that...do your on research like we all do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join