It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CORONAPANIC: Field Hospitals Prove an Enormous Waste of Money and Resources

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 11 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The USA's emergency response based off of a computer model which said there would be 2 million deaths in the states from COVID-19 was actually "Not to Bad," IMO. Unfortunately like computer climate modeling the data was useless and certainly no where close to accurate. But the USA prepared for the worse case and was standing by with rapidly installed Field Hospitals. These projects did not come free but are estimated to have cost 660 million to put up. All the while across America 2 million hospital personnel were being laid off due to no patients. www.anti-empire.com...
No matter what the USA tried to do they were running in the blind off of false data. In hindsight it is easy criticize an overreaction, but there was just to little known about COVID-19 to make an informed decision, especially with the computer model saying we are doomed. So IMO no doubt it was better to err on the side of caution than to disregard so called expert opinions and proceed recklessly. I do wonder if EXPERT opinions and computer models will carry as much weight next time policy is being made ?

The lack of need for and usage of these expensive endeavors is exemplary of exactly how absurdly our society has overreacted to the Wuhan Virus.

Of those 17 hospitals with a total of 15,127 beds, only 4 actually treated a grand total of 1,177 patients – the other 13 sat completely unused. 1,095 of those patients were treated at a single field hospital at New York City’s Javits Center. Most of those patients were not COVID-19 sufferers.

That equates to a per-bed, single-time usage rate of .0778. But the real measure of their utility would be to calculate the per-bed, per-day usage rate, which would be based on data we unfortunately do not possess at this time.

But let’s conservatively estimate that each field hospital was in operation for 30 days – most were in operation for more than that, a few for less. Given that assumption, the per-bed, per-day usage rate would be 1/30th of .0778, or .0026. For all the social justice warriors out there, that can be otherwise stated as 26/100ths of 1 percent.

Cost to the taxpayers for all this very predictable overkill? $660 million.

dbdailyupdate.com...

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yup....the entire 1st world has made the same fiscal error, hmmm, huge coincidence or massive fraudulent conspiracy of fear mongering and capital theft 🤔....I'm on the later.
edit on 11-5-2020 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Who are the financial benefactors?

Follow the money.........

edit on 11-5-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: zerozero00

massive fraudulent conspiracy of fear mongering

It's always been about the fear. Just as people were waking up in late 2019, with protests taking place worldwide, a booming US economy and a good chance of POTUS reelection, something bad had to happen.

It's impossible for Wuhan, a densely populated city where the virus emerged, to only go on lockdown for 76 days and for the rest of China for only 16 days on average. [1]

On top of that, we know that every death, regardless of the cause, was added to the total death toll and not even the CDC could differentiate between deaths caused by influenza, pneumonia and corona, so they were all added together. [2]

Source 1

Source 2

edit on 11-5-2020 by Anon283799 because: wrong formatting

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Actually, some of those models are still tracking fairly accurately.

For instance, there are likely to be more than 100,000 dead in the US from COVID-19 by Saturday 23 May 2020 and 500,000 dead by early January next year, unless current trends are changed.

Part of the reason that early models weren't accurate is that the seed numbers had not been collected so there was still a certain amount of guesswork involved. There is less of than now that we have better data upon which to base estimates.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

Yes, they must make it look as bad as humanly possible, hence the USA and UK lead the way in this travesty
edit on 11-5-2020 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I think it's forward planning for the second wave once measures are relaxed. Nothings changed aside from increased public awareness (UK) and our track and trace system is very poor ATM.

A few months from now I see a spike in cases.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Diamondgeezur
If I get it and they want to track and trace me I will tell them that I went to a supermarket and touched loads of products and forgot to wash my hands when I returned home.

Will they then shut the supermarket I went to?

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It would be difficult at this stage to find anyone in the US who believes the data outside of those trying to extract large buckets of Federal dollars. It will go down as the biggest ruse ever perpetrated on the American middle class outside of the Iraq War and the housing bubble.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
They built a field hospital and 3 outdoor testing facilities in my county for a total of 280 cases so far with 35 hospitalized. The health department stoped all medical treatments except emergencies and Covid-19 it wreaked the medical industry. The entire virus program seems to have been a disaster. The economy is in a shambles, it will take years to recover.

This was a planned event and a act of war.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Where did the models come from? What branch of our government was sending out this information?

I know the Kevin Hassett model showed COVID-19 deaths plummeting to zero by mid-May. Pretty sure that one wont even be close.
edit on 11-5-2020 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The worst thing about this rebbed up pseudopandemic is that when a real one does come around, people will not listen....they will assume it is all BS like this one was.

This is a good eyeopener and we were not prepared for this pandemic in the least. We need to get prepared more for a real one. They could have advised physicians to change some meds for people, and we could have isolated people most at risk. but this virus is very easily transmitted, all we are doing is delaying it till we can prepare and get more treatment options. It is not going to go away till eighty percent of people catch it and get herd immunity. Also, if you had the cold coronavirus, your body may know how to fight this and protect you somewhat. But people who are old....their immune systems are depleted, they are using what is left to extend their life not to fight a war. That is part of getting real old. Locking up the old who have not got much time left to enjoy and experience the good in life is not right. What good is living if you are a prisoner of fear.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

You know I was in the same camp. now I am not so sure. I have racked my brains out to figure who benefits from all of this. I can't, for the life of me, see a true winner where the money is concerned. I would love to hear you expand on this, so please do. What entity benefits from all of this solely in a financial way?

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: odd1out

Apps, vaccines, online logistics

Easy

Google, Bill gates, Amazon

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: odd1out

What entity benefits from all of this solely in a financial way?

Maybe it's Big Pharma? Compared to chloroquine, ramdesivir is much more expensive, is produced by a company with ties to Gates and Fauci and generates more profit. It looks like the MSM shilled really hard against chloroquine [1] when this study from 2005 shows that it's a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection AND spread. [2]

1) MSM coordinated attack against hydroxychloroquine

2) 2005 study

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: odd1out

originally posted by: eletheia

You know I was in the same camp. now I am not so sure. I have racked my brains out to figure who benefits from all of this. I can't, for the life of me, see a true winner where the money is concerned. I would love to hear you expand on this, so please do. What entity benefits from all of this solely in a financial way?

If you have an LLC and can prove the chinaflu economically impacted you; there are a lot of government grants you can apply for. That's what I'm doing....I paid my taxes, might as well get some of that 2 trillion back!! My retail space/business is dead, closed, over... so I have plenty of time to fill out the forms. My GF business was trashed early and she has already received some $$$ to help her get up and running again when and if there is ever a "normal" business cycle again. I have my doubts....

www.sba.gov...

grantstation.com...

www.globalgiving.org...

edit on 11-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The National Guard (and other agencies) put together a huge field hospital at the fairgrounds here- and then ended up taking it all down without a single patient ever setting foot in the facility. Most of the testing facilities aren't getting any action either.

A complete waste of money that once again the tax payers will be footing the bill for- probably for years and years to come!

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anon283799
a reply to: zerozero00

massive fraudulent conspiracy of fear mongering

It's impossible for Wuhan, a densely populated city where the virus emerged, to only go on lockdown for 76 days and for the rest of China for only 16 days on average. [1]

But what if the China numbers were real, they realised this virus wasn't an "end of our life as we know it" event and simply moved on?
edit on 11-5-2020 by Jason79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

It shows you the current lock down is about more than "flattening the curve".

Remember, when all this started they created this new buzz term of flattening the curve. We were told the hospitals would be over run.

Hospitals have clearly not been over run and the curve has been stomped into oblivion, yet now we are still in lock down. Why?

They keep moving the goal posts.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It was good practice. The entire over-reaction to the mild Covid-19 virus was good rehearsal, in case a serious similiar threat emerges one day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join