It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I dont know if you guys has ever heard of a Liger before but its a mix between a Male Lion and a Female Tiger. I was having a discustion with my wife about it and showed her some pictures of them on the net and she said that it is wrong for humans to create something like that and that we should not play God. I told her that it has been documented before in the wild that Asian Lions have mated with Female Tigers in the wild and came out with Ligers. In Asia I understand that this use to be a myth but now its a reality. I would like to know some of your imputs on this situation should man cross bread animals to create new species or should we just let mother nature take its own course or that the fact that we are creating new animals is mother nature taking its own course.

Here are some pics of the Liger.

www.mosnews.com...
www.tigers-animal-actors.com...
nypost.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thats hell of a big! I wouldn't want to meet one of they unless i had at least a hefy pistol. Preferably a .50cal magnum. Hmm, it is rather un-natrual, but its cool!

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
this may be of help

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
here is a web site it ain't mythocal or anything but here it is.

Liger

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hmmmm...Ligers are not a product of genetic tampering so I don;t think there's anything morally wrong with that since they are two compatible species. So I think your girlfriend shouldn't be so judgemental since it's a natural occurence. Now if they were trying to meld the DNA of a Rhino to a Lion or Tiger, that would be unnatural and wrong.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
I dont know if you guys has ever heard of a Liger before but its a mix between a Male Lion and a Female Tiger.

Yep, we have been here a on a few occasions.......beautiful animal!

top topics

join