It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I awake or am I asleep?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   
It has only ever happened to me a couple of times but sometimes I dream about.. not a memory but an alternative past. Like i'm finally picking up on memories that feel like are the present, except they aren't. I dream of people who are no longer here. It is usually half my life time ago and I am just ever so grateful that It is what I think is my conscious reality, and everything i've ever known was just a dream. In that moment and in that reality I almost begin to panic that I've lost everything and I have a new found appreciation for what now believed was an apparition.In my alternate life I miss all that I had, all the people i've known, all the simple moments with people come and people passed.(Meaning this conscience) In that moment I almost wish.. I almost pray that the coin flip and I have what i've ever known back. And suddenly, I'm awake with a damp pillow, reluctantly thankful.. I struggle to grasp my reality. Am I awake? Am I dreaming? The day continues on and as I have my first gulp of caffeine I daydream about what was happening in the other existence, and if I just vanished. I'm here now, awake.. but maybe in my dream i'm just asleep and waiting to wake up.. wake up.
edit on 3-5-2020 by MadSeason313 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Maybe, you just set your alarm early.

Or, late.

Pandas!

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I feel that way a lot actually. I mean I know it's a joke but there have many times where the finer detail was about to be revealed and then something or someone woke me before the moment. In the moment I just thought*, " Ah it was meant to end where it did". lol And I just dwell on the dream for the rest of my day.
edit on 3-5-2020 by MadSeason313 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MadSeason313
a reply to: madmac5150

I feel that way a lot actually. I mean I know it's a joke but there have many times where the finer detail was about to be revealed and then something or someone woke me before the moment. In the moment I just thought*, " Ah it was meant to end where it did". lol And I just dwell on the dream for the rest of my day.

It all is, what it is.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MadSeason313

times where the finer detail was about to be revealed and then something or someone woke me before the moment

I friggin hate it when that happens. It happens quite often to me.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Well, it could also be … schizophrenia!

j/k

The dreams I hate are the ones where you are having a dream inside of a dream, so you wake up (in your dream) to a reality which is still a dream. I've had that happen three layers deep once too, where I was dreaming I was dreaming that I was dreaming...in my dream. My inner most dream I was on a ship that was sinking, the next outer layer was I was in jail, and the outer most layer was I was in JAIL...for life! So, in my dream I realized I was just dreaming about a sinking ship...from jail. And when I woke up from that dream I really was in JAIL (and that sucked!)! But I was just dreaming.

When I finally woke up I was...TIRED!

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadSeason313
I mean I know it's a joke but there have many times where the finer detail was about to be revealed and then something or someone woke me before the moment.

After you’ve gotten up and had your morning coffee and if you have time…Go back and lie on your bed again and try to recall the dream you just had...I find this sometimes helps to bring to the surface a few elements in the dream I had forgotten…

- JC

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm glad to hear i'm not the only one who has experienced that feeling before lol. Jail is the worst so I can totally imagine how you felt. I'm glad you made it back to THIS reality. Which sometimes I'm not so certain is my first reality anymore.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

I have tried this method numerous times and more than often my dream slips away before I can catch those REMs. Although there have been maybe 30% of said occasions where I have been able to slip back into those experiences. I just really dislike when it's a pee in this reality that pulls me away. Sometimes I wonder if the feeling of needing to pee is just a subconscious instinctive alarm clock that snaps us back to this reality before our mins stretch too far.

new topics

top topics

join