It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks in public - huge and rapid shift in the “New Norm”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
So, in my area, things haven’t been a huge deal until about the last 2 or so weeks. The difference between the last trip I took to the grocery store and today was surreal!!!

People are openly judgmental and rude now if you’re not wearing a mask...I’ve talked to people that only wear them so they don’t get dirty looks and comments or gestures.

That is truly disturbing and #ed up.

The 'Invasion Of The Body Snatchers' scenario has finally arrived in reality.

Especially if, for a laugh (not advisable!), you tried to rip a mask from their faces...

"A WOLF IN THE FOLD HAS STOLEN MY LIFELINE!!! MURDERER!!! MURDERER!!! GET HIM!!! GET HIM!!! GET HIM!!!"

PS: You gotta love Sutherland's 'sheep' hairdo.

edit on 2-5-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Remember signs in some banks and credit unions asking that hats, holds and sunglasses be removed????

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: carewemust

Remember signs in some banks and credit unions asking that hats, holds and sunglasses be removed????

There still may be signs in big city banks that say, "No hoodies". I remember how Jussie Smollett's co-conspirators wore "masks" to keep the street cameras from identifying them. Worked great. But unfortunately the cameras in the store where they bought the masks, rope, etc.. had them on film.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

My plan is to just point to a random part of my body and with most serious and authoritative voice I can muster, declare proudly; “I’ve been chipped by our savior Gates.... back the F off!”

Or I will tell on you!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Mask = Sheeple

Okay Woke Mind.

Meanwhile where I am NJ you can't get into a store without a mask on.

Please come try, it's always fun watching CT's running into reality.
edit on 2-5-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

So, in my area, things haven’t been a huge deal until about the last 2 or so weeks. The difference between the last trip I took to the grocery store and today was surreal!!!

People are openly judgmental and rude now if you’re not wearing a mask...I’ve talked to people that only wear them so they don’t get dirty looks and comments or gestures. They are feeling pressured to do something they don’t feel the need to do but, the “new norm” we keep hearing repeated over and over is starting to manifest.

I don’t know folks.... I’m a pretty positive thinking person for the most part and I’m going to to try to stay that way- it’s weird to experience a twilight zone situation in your own community though. I haven’t worn a mask yet and I have no plans to either.

Where do you live? This has been going on for months where I am

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

a reply to: ConfusedBrit

My plan is to just point to a random part of my body and with most serious and authoritative voice I can muster, declare proudly; “I’ve been chipped by our savior Gates.... back the F off!”

Or I will tell on you!!!!!

Good idea.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

People are openly judgmental and rude now if you’re not wearing a mask...I’ve talked to people that only wear them so they don’t get dirty looks and comments or gestures. They are feeling pressured to do something they don’t feel the need to do but, the “new norm” we keep hearing repeated over and over is starting to manifest.

I don’t know folks.... I’m a pretty positive thinking person for the most part and I’m going to to try to stay that way- it’s weird to experience a twilight zone situation in your own community though. I haven’t worn a mask yet and I have no plans to either.

Where do you live? This has been going on for months where I am

I’m in northern Virginia. You?

It’s bizarre how quickly it shifted here.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FreeFalling
Beginning today in Kentucky if you don't have a mask on
they can pull you over and fine you...
And I agree with you.....if you don't have a mask on
People treat you like a leper!
It does seem surreal.

I have not worn one yet, I don't have one.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Im in Colorado...I get it there has been a shift - it was that way here too...all of a sudden all have masks.

I had some friends over tonight - one had a mask on the entire night. I never questioned him though. He wants to thats his gig.

The other two and their two kids hanging with mine did not.

I have to interact with people. I will be safe and we all talked about rules before they came in my house!

That said # this #. Dont go to grandmas and act like nothing is wrong. But if you are young and healthy lets get back to being a little more responsible for ourselves.

edit on 3-5-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Same at my small town Safeway. Today there is now a line up protocol, only letting in so many at once. Definitely a planned transition on a corporate/government set timeline. I feel like we are headed to the Demolition Man timeline. Only big corporations are meant to survive this.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Novaroc

This is like a time warp hearing about this!

So wild how we have all had such varying experiences. CO opened up a lot today, no bars, restaurants more than 10 people in same place etc.

That said the sun is shining and I had friends over tonight! Awesome!

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

had some friends over tonight - one had a mask on the entire night. I never questioned him though. He wants to thats his gig.

i guess he didnt get tea and bisquits
[ or cake ] - mmmm cake

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: ColoradoJens

had some friends over tonight - one had a mask on the entire night. I never questioned him though. He wants to thats his gig.

i guess he didnt get tea and bisquits
[ or cake ] - mmmm cake

No, and he had none.

Unfortunately he lives with his mom, she is very old and unwell and his brother passed away last year so he moved in to help and got...trapped. So good of him to help. He was just being extra cautious and no questions were asked.

That said Basil Hayden's was poured liberally and the other guests seemed to forget all their troubles for a couple hours (including my teenagers) so Im happy.

If I go tomorrow so be it.

I am not a protestor or a denier. I am just trying to be rational. Crazy. I cant believe this happened.
edit on 3-5-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

It does seem surreal.

Seems like you were given a lot of phony information. Looking up a report on the Kentucky mask ordnance contradicts what you claim.

Where will I be asked to wear a mask?
If you're visiting or working at a business that has reopened by May 11, or at a business that is considered essential and has stayed open during the past few weeks, then you will be asked to wear a mask, according to Beshear.

And if you're going out in public and will be around other people, wearing a mask is also requested.

You do not need to wear a mask while at home with family or when you're by yourself, Beshear said.

But what if I'm exercising outside?
You do not need to wear a mask if you're running, walking or exercising outside, as long as you're practicing social distancing and not clustering with others, Beshear said.

Will I get cited or arrested for not wearing a mask?
No.

Beshear said people will not be cited or arrested if they do not have a mask on in public.

But businesses and grocery stores will have the ability to deny service to unmasked people, the governor added.

If law enforcement officers see unmasked people, they will ask them to wear a mask, but no punishment will be handed down, according to Beshear.
Link

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   
LOL if someone is shaming you, why not just walk awkwardly close to them, follow them - say nothing. See how crazy they go. And let them. They're suckered to the narrative, not your fault. If others in masks join in, become a "mob" stay strong and just remember they are the "new norm KKK".
I'll admit it's somewhat curious if punching someone for not wearing a mask (because you're a Karen) is currently less of a crime than not wearing a mask. Almost sounds like it, in some of your US states...!

PS. Masks not mandatory in the UK at this point though probably will be on public transport in the phasing back to normal period. I'm in the relative countryside so only seeing them in supermarkets, people not wearing them out on the street or anything. People are "jumping out the way" in smaller shops and I just give them a "whatever" look. I'm a dick
It will be interesting when they announce masks are required to visit pubs and restaurants...lol.

Looks like they want the tracing app to be the more "mandatory" thing though again I doubt it will be. The BBC article says "it can be deleted at any time" which to me means "it needn't be downloaded in the first place" lol.

I also hate the term "new normal". It seems to be some kind of programming. Being peddled by all MSM outlets. What the sam hill happened to the phrase "back to normal".

One last thing: Here comes Corona! (artists impression below)

edit on 3-5-2020 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   

It does seem surreal.

Driving?

Insanity....

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Can I wear a mask and open carry without looking like a threat? Asking for a friend.

Raises a good question, what about banks. Can you wear a mask into a bank?

not though of that yet...

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Here in Cologne/Germany where i live 99% of the 30-40 percent which wear a (wrong!) mask wear them even wrong and only to enter a shop or supermarket. Those that should wear them the right way because they want to enter a shop wear them under their noses or even under their chin. Then those that shouldn´t wear them at all like cyclists, wear them like those who should wear them the right way because they want to buy food and enter a shop. Problem is, doctors say one shouldn´t wear them while cycling because the risk of infection is like zero and in addition to that, it isn´t healthy to wear such a mask while cycling, doing sports and whatever else.

Next thing is, most people use self made masks, scarves, bandanas, motor bike masks etc which wouldn´t protect anybody anyway. Or these useless paper masks which normaly cost 10-20 cent in a pack, now you can buy them everywhere for 1,50 Euro up to 5 Euro a mask. They are still useless, at least after wearing them longer than 15-20 minutes. People use these throw away masks now for the whole time they need them to enter a shop, to buy food and necessary things. They only buy one for a fantasy price only because they are forced to wear them to get food, they don´t buy ten of them. I know my people here.

After people bought what they needed, they take off their masks instantly after leaving the store. And put them in their trouser or jacket pockets. To pull them out at the next store and so on. I don´t believe that anybody washes these things or cleans them somehow everyday, those throw away masks aren´t even washable because made from paper. Nobody wears the at least a bit useful FFP3 or N95 masks, simply because they are not available. And belong anyway to hospitals and other staff of "crisis-relevant" jobs, in my honest opinion.

Most people seem have to realized that "our" politicians (especially "our" health minister of the CDU) told us in january and february that Covid-19 is less dangerous and contagious than a normal flu, that wearing masks is completely useless, that we are prepared to the fullest. He said all this again and again without blushing. And a few weeks later the same pharma lobbyist and bankster comes up with: If you want parts of your freedom and normality back, you all have to wear masks now. While almost everybody here knows that the numbers of infections were declining and were below that suddenly god like R-number, the reproduction number they suddenly switched too to explain curfew measures and all that crap, without people being in curfew and without people wearing masks. And since the curfew and since that silly mask law, the numbers aren´t shrinking faster than before without curfew and masks.

Seems like most people here realized that they have to wear masks, scarves or whatever useless crap just to get food, necessary stuuf and to use the public transportation system. But they seem to know that it´s completely useless. They seem to know that asians wear masks because of pollution and not viruses since decades, while the propaganda wants to make us believe that tracking people and masks would save the world from pandemics now, like: But look at China, Taiwan etc they all wear masks and defeated the evil virus...

No, most people here don´t buy and wear mostly useless masks. And if, then only because they are forced to wear them. I bet two up to four weeks and that mask joke is history. Because it gets warmer and the weather is like a dream. People here drink beer and are not as obedient like for example bavarians or eastern-germans. Wanna see the public order "deputy" who wants to f with a group of drunk cologners which sit in sun at 30 or 35^C. Hast to be a brave deputy or a bunch of brave cops. Or tell such a guy/girl that he/she isn´t allowed to enter a supermarket without a mask at 35^C temperature. These people will tell them something else.

Seems like most people here realized that the mask rule is a joke because everybody wears the wrong masks, handles them wrong and know that the numbers declined when the yearly flu season (another corona virus) started to end. And not when people had to cage themselves and had to wrap their head into toilet paper(even that would count as a mask here) because Granny Merkel and their henchmen suddenly said, completely contrary to what they said a few weeks ago.

If they don´t take all that crap back as fast as possible, people will freak out. Because this here is not Eastern-Italy, this here is not the USA, it´s not Spain. But Granny Merkel and her henchemn still try to tell us that we are "just one or two weeks behind Italy", that we are still at the beginning of that pandemic, that that we are all doomed and have to die from that virus and not from the system switch that is happening right now. I bet this could become the hottest summer i ever witnessed in my whole live here. Hot because of the weather, but hotter for those that are really responsible for the economic crash, for millions of now unemployed and for millions of people getting poor now. For the cheap try to install a totalitarian surveillance state with the help of Gates vaccine shots and microsoft, with the help of google and apple, of Accenture, of Palantir etc. Just let the good weather and the peoples drive for freedom wake the people up from their corona trauma and we will see how obidient they still will be here.

I can´t wait for temperatures around 30-35^C here!

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I dont have a choice, standing order to wear masks outside of home or off station.

Now when I go fishing meh, catch me and ill pay the price but going to places with people yea I wear it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join