Don't look back, that was a song by Boston, that was very popular in the late 70's, the very day I was to embark on a trip to Austin,Tx and the song
came on the radio the very moment I hit the bridge to Arkansas, the timing was impeccable.
The date was June 1, 1981. This was a poignant experience for me and for many different reasons. I was leaving a city behind, Memphis, Tn. that had
been the entirety of my existence until them, 98% at least, the other 2 percent being the one year I was born and lived in Atlanta, Ga.
It was the scene of devastation and heartbreak and a childhood that was good, until it wasn't anymore, it was time to spread my broken wings and fly
elsewhere to repair and "Don't Look Back".
I will not bore you with very much more, maybe 2 or 3 anecdotes, if you will bare with me, there are so many I want to share, I have to decide what to
edit out. As I continued to write this account I had a strange visitor today, a sweet lovely butterfly graced our front porch with their presence. I
have been talking to it and it responds to my voice as if to understand me somehow, while the wings flutter up and down to my words, I noticed
something very peculiar about one of the wings, it was injured somehow and found comfort here with me as it heals, hopefully to find their way back on
A very symbolic and symbiotic occurrence for me to have, today, as I decided to embark on the completion of my synoptic dream experience.
Let's go to anecdote #2, this had to do with an experience that happened when I was about 7 years old, a young Jewish boy going to a Catholic school.
They allowed me to go without making me take religion, it was a private school with a great reputation for scholastic and my parents wanted me to get
a better education than the public schools could provide at the time, better direction and attention, even if it came with discipline from Catholic
Nuns, which Mother Catherine was the heavy hand with the ruler and Sister Margaret was my protector.
Neither of them were with me the day it happened, because of a major storm that had happened, my best friend and I were home from school as they
cleaned up the damage, we spent the day at his house, where his father had recently built a tree house in the back yard. Rod asked me if I wanted to
go up and check it out, so I said sure and up we went.
The tree house was built between 3 huge oak tree branches, about 18 feet high. To reach it we had to climb about 18 steps or so and pop open a trap
door to get in, Rod went first and I climbed in the doorway next, but before he could put the trap door back down, I backed up and went straight down,
falling to the ground with a horrible thud. Sure that I was dead and seeing heaven above, Rod was looking down at me in disbelief, he ran inside to
call the operator for help.
They came and checked me out and said I was very lucky, I did not appear to have broken any bones they could tell, and were all shocked to see me
relatively unscathed, maybe a concussion and shortness of breath from the scariness of it all, how could he fall that far and land on his back? This
was something I realized many years later, but I should have landed on my feet, I never hit anything on the way down and I fell out feet first, so how
did I land flat on my back? Come to think of it, the thud was not nearly as bad as it should have been, it was almost like I was caught and eased
down rather than an unimpeded fall. In my dream, I actually see an apparition swoop down and catch me at the the last second, easing the impact and
preventing me from landing on my feet.
Something should have been severely hurt, a broken leg, broken arm, broken neck or broken back, something. It was a very surreal experience then and
still resonates the same way today. White with Angel wings, a Daemon, saved my life I think or at least that is how it feels to me.
edit on 1-5-2020 by spiritofsoul because: (no reason given)