It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origin of Demons [DE2020] Non-Writer 2nd Entry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The Origin of Demons [DE2020] Non-Writer 2nd Entry

I do not profess to know the exact origin of demons or the spelling of said word, only that I had a very strange dream not to long ago that seemed to be an explanation to me of the possible origins of the idea of or the culture of and the many different ways demons present themselves, behave and create their imprint on our daily lives.

The following is an account of the before mentioned dream and what I remembered in detail as much as I can:

The Origin Of Demons

There are many historical references that pertain to Demons and Demonology that pilfer the landscape and have different cultural applications. Spellings and meanings vary along the way, I was dreaming last night of the very processes and methods that each Demon could possibly possess. It was quite the wild ride, every direction I went there was a Demon professing itself and trying to show me their way of being.

I had inner ones, outer ones, weird ones, evil ones and surprising to me, good ones. I, also, had flashes of the different spellings, that Demon could be spelled Daemon, Daimon, Deimon and that they were somehow Greek, Latin or Ancient Hebrew in original form, it was just really strange that the spelling was so important and then I realized why.

Cultures have various ways of dealing with entities that behave a certain way and the names they use and the spelling they use is determined by and altered by interpretation, essentially relegated to semantics. You say potato, I say potato, still a potato, unless you are from a different country, then it might be Pappas or Botatas.

I guess what I am ultimately driving at, is that what we have been taught about Demons, that they are evil beings is entirely untrue. There are absolutely benevolent and loving Daemons, and there are necessary Daimons that protect us.

I then began to realize the many ways this has applied to me and my own life, and how I misunderstood how the Demons manifested in strange ways at strange times, but I used the Angelic version for good and the Satanic version for bad, Angels are just Daemons with wings, that come in various shapes and sizes and colors, that swoop in and save the day, when the Satanic Demons wreak havoc all the way.

The inner demons can be affected by the outer ones, the weird ones can play games with the outer ones, the good ones can sometimes save us and the bad ones can sometimes overwhelm us. Each instance is associated with emotions and strangely numbers, usually a date with reoccurring themes, or music that shows up at weird moments that seem to apply.

This has happened to me many times throughout this life time and I am sure other lifetimes have brought their stamp/imprint into this one and so on, the Demons/Daemons are with us everywhere we go, they are the energy that flows, they direct the show, they mold us and shape us in ways we do not know, they are the keepers of our souls, and yet we possess them as much as they possess us, we shape them, we alter them, we choose to allow them to be, the guiding light or darkness we need.

This is such a profound experience to have and share that it requires references to bare, instances of moments in my life where the Demons/Daemons affected me, all relived last night in my dream, as if they were happening all over again, in real time, fantasy or dream, they were so vivid.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Continued

Don't look back, that was a song by Boston, that was very popular in the late 70's, the very day I was to embark on a trip to Austin,Tx and the song came on the radio the very moment I hit the bridge to Arkansas, the timing was impeccable.

The date was June 1, 1981. This was a poignant experience for me and for many different reasons. I was leaving a city behind, Memphis, Tn. that had been the entirety of my existence until them, 98% at least, the other 2 percent being the one year I was born and lived in Atlanta, Ga.

It was the scene of devastation and heartbreak and a childhood that was good, until it wasn't anymore, it was time to spread my broken wings and fly elsewhere to repair and "Don't Look Back".

I will not bore you with very much more, maybe 2 or 3 anecdotes, if you will bare with me, there are so many I want to share, I have to decide what to edit out. As I continued to write this account I had a strange visitor today, a sweet lovely butterfly graced our front porch with their presence. I have been talking to it and it responds to my voice as if to understand me somehow, while the wings flutter up and down to my words, I noticed something very peculiar about one of the wings, it was injured somehow and found comfort here with me as it heals, hopefully to find their way back on their journey.

A very symbolic and symbiotic occurrence for me to have, today, as I decided to embark on the completion of my synoptic dream experience.

Let's go to anecdote #2, this had to do with an experience that happened when I was about 7 years old, a young Jewish boy going to a Catholic school. They allowed me to go without making me take religion, it was a private school with a great reputation for scholastic and my parents wanted me to get a better education than the public schools could provide at the time, better direction and attention, even if it came with discipline from Catholic Nuns, which Mother Catherine was the heavy hand with the ruler and Sister Margaret was my protector.

Neither of them were with me the day it happened, because of a major storm that had happened, my best friend and I were home from school as they cleaned up the damage, we spent the day at his house, where his father had recently built a tree house in the back yard. Rod asked me if I wanted to go up and check it out, so I said sure and up we went.

The tree house was built between 3 huge oak tree branches, about 18 feet high. To reach it we had to climb about 18 steps or so and pop open a trap door to get in, Rod went first and I climbed in the doorway next, but before he could put the trap door back down, I backed up and went straight down, falling to the ground with a horrible thud. Sure that I was dead and seeing heaven above, Rod was looking down at me in disbelief, he ran inside to call the operator for help.

They came and checked me out and said I was very lucky, I did not appear to have broken any bones they could tell, and were all shocked to see me relatively unscathed, maybe a concussion and shortness of breath from the scariness of it all, how could he fall that far and land on his back? This was something I realized many years later, but I should have landed on my feet, I never hit anything on the way down and I fell out feet first, so how did I land flat on my back? Come to think of it, the thud was not nearly as bad as it should have been, it was almost like I was caught and eased down rather than an unimpeded fall. In my dream, I actually see an apparition swoop down and catch me at the the last second, easing the impact and preventing me from landing on my feet.

Something should have been severely hurt, a broken leg, broken arm, broken neck or broken back, something. It was a very surreal experience then and still resonates the same way today. White with Angel wings, a Daemon, saved my life I think or at least that is how it feels to me.

edit on 1-5-2020 by spiritofsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Continued

Last but not least, anecdote # 3. Flash forward to 21 years old and me working for a roofing company on a huge development property, one that was going have 200 apartment buildings with 16 apartments per building. It was going to take 3 years to complete, so I was set for work and happy to be part of the crew, but I was the grunt and runt, tasked with the hardest jobs and essentially the more dangerous work involved. We had to lay the decking first. After the bottom part was completed, flashing had to be put on the edges before the felt and shingles could be applied. I had to do the flashing. We had just completed the bulk of the decking when I started to ease my way down to start the edging and we had a freak storm out of nowhere, there I was stuck in the middle of the roof, standing on sawdust that became very treacherous immediately. We are taught if we start to slide to take our claw hammer and jam it into the decking, (no we did not have safety harnesses on a 3 story roof with a very slight pitch), it wasn't expected. What happened was I slammed my hammer down and hit a crossbeam instead of decking and the hammer flew out of my hand leaving me grasping at nothing, my fingernails dragging the wood all the way to the bottom, where I was forced to accept the inevitable, only question remained was where was I going to land and how.

The surrounding area where we were that day was full of construction trash, re-bar, sheet metal, broken glass everywhere, 2x4 with nails sticking out, piled up in every direction, very little to land on that would not inflict terrible injuries, I pushed off at the last moment and landed on one of those 2x4 boards with a 12 nail sticking out that went directly into my heel on my right foot, turning me into WyleECoyote, bouncing back and forth while everyone around me watched in shock, amazed that I was standing, directly behind me was a pile of those other pieces I described above, had I fallen any further I would have been impaled by many different things.

In my dream, I see something behind me catch me and keep me from that pile of crap, there is no way to describe it, White with Angel wings, another Daemon there to save the day and my life, or at the very least some very excruciating injuries , as it stands, I had a nail that went all the way to my ankle, so a tetanus shot and a walking ankle cast and I was released from the hospital. Needless, to say my roofing days were over after that.

There was much more in this dream to share, and perhaps I will venture in here and add a paragraph or 2 or maybe just start another story another day, but for now this is THE END.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul
Please show me historical evidence for your statement that angels possess people. Demons are not bad angels. They are the offspring of the angels that left heaven and procreated with the daughters of men. They are the dead spirits of theses giants. They had no souls. They have been damned by God their parents are in chains waiting their final judgement.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Okay and you can show me evidence that what you say has 1 oz of truth. This was my dream, and the way I interpreted it was through my eyes and soul, there is more than one way to believe, but there is only one truth, this was not intended to be a docuseries about religion, of which I will say is mainly a farce.

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
Please show me historical evidence for your statement that angels possess people. Demons are not bad angels. They are the offspring of the angels that left heaven and procreated with the daughters of men. They are the dead spirits of theses giants. They had no souls. They have been damned by God their parents are in chains waiting their final judgement.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I suppose if you dream that God was a giant bandanna that would make it so?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I like how your Daemons aren't necessarily bad

top topics

join