It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did “they” get to Matt Drudge and The Drudge Report?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So I’ve noticed a change in tone on The Drudge Report.

I’ve checked the www.drudgereport.com daily for maybe 10-15 years. Long time. Probably check it multiple times a day, actually.

I’ve largely found what they put up to be a diverse set of news and somewhat counter to msm coverage. Almost as though they care more about an accurate depiction of an story or at least another point of view (or show multiple points of view) for the reader to explore. They also have consistently been more favorable to Trump than other outlets.

That’s changed.

Now the stories push doom, gloom and hype about the viruses severity. No positive pictures about those fighting against the lock downs (oppression), no reporting of the abundance of evidence and data that says Covid isn’t the thing it’s claimed to be. Nada. It’s just pushing of the msm headlines and narrative in a hyperbolic way. It has been reading like CNN recently.

So much so, they recently had a link up of an article claiming that the US government was UNDERstating the severity of the virus.

www.tampabay.com...

And trying to say Germany won’t remain open and their opening has caused problems:

www.the-sun.com...

Makes me wonder if Drudge is mad at Trump or if “they” got to him. Drudge gets many millions of hits a day... it’s influential. It’d be a ripe target to shut down or get “rowing in the same direction” as msm if you’re trying to paint a picture of the virus.

Something seems fishy here - it’s just too inconsistent with how they have painted narratives in the past - it’s a change in behavior. So now I’m curious why.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
DR has also been linking news stories to rags like Daily Mail and etc. Strange...

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Thought I read he sold it or controlling interests or something. It is not what it use to be. Went from right to a strong tilt left in a a few years. It was basically replaced by Brietbart which actually does a good job of reporting facts. Not perfect but anyone who wants some facts, even if hard to swallow it's where to go. Won't get that from CNN. CNN doesn't even allow comments. I would put Yahoo ahead of CNN.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This whole corvid crap has made me see many "change sides" and root for things counter to usual talking points.

I guess, in a way, the best description is that this is one huge trojan horse and just about every fool is being played like a fiddle, no matter what side they "should" have been on.

In the end, the only ones left standing are patriots and those that TRULY support freedom. It's a dwindling group and I guess your/a previously supposed institution failed that test.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

If the death toll is 63,000 plus, then perhaps the patriots are those who aren't trying to downplay a genuinely bad situation, just so they can win the next vote?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Sounds like someone opened the door to the echo chamber and the inhabitants are none too happy to be hearing the things that they have been denying.

Oh well, we all have to grow up some time.

+1 more 
posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

If the death toll is 63,000 plus, then perhaps the patriots are those who aren't trying to downplay a genuinely bad situation, just so they can win the next vote?

Dude. You’re trolling. 63k people die every 8 or so days in America - ongoing. Don’t toss around big numbers without scale.

The moment people can scale Covid against 330 million or 8bn people they’re free of the fear tactics.

But, that wasn’t my point. Point here is the tone changed markedly. Which to me speaks to something bigger.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Story is Drudge sold the Drudge Report...He apparently sold it to CNN, or China...

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

originally posted by: chr0naut

Dude. You’re trolling. 63k people die every 8 or so days in America - ongoing. Don’t toss around big numbers without scale.

Dude.

What what other disease In America has killed 63k people in 8 or so days?

If “scale” is your concern, let’s be sure to base that scale on comparable factors.

In fact, I think that you would be hard pressed to identify any One Single cause of death that can be cited for a similar number over just the few months that CV19 has been active in the US.

This virus has apparently killed more Americans in less than half a year than the Vietnam War killed in ten years.

Scale dude, scale.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Thought I read he sold it or controlling interests or something. It is not what it use to be. Went from right to a strong tilt left in a a few years. It was basically replaced by Brietbart which actually does a good job of reporting facts. Not perfect but anyone who wants some facts, even if hard to swallow it's where to go. Won't get that from CNN. CNN doesn't even allow comments. I would put Yahoo ahead of CNN.

Yes, Drudge was bought out a few years ago, and yes it certainly has a leftward bias ever since, and it's been less and less subtle since well since we all know when. It's okay as long as everybody knows that LOL but it really wasn't heavily advertised especially on the Drudge Report itself. It's not even a good left-leaning source they just regurgitate the same stuff from everywhere else. LOL The Sun LOL The Daily Mail LOL yea that's intelligent journalism, virtually every newspaper from across the pond is tainted propaganda. Of course, these are the same news rags that protect the monarchy "Randy Andy" and upstanding citizens like Jimmy Saville what an embarrassingly pathetic, obnoxious, and righteous spouting industry.
edit on 1-5-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Used to visit Drudge every day and it has slowly got worse with fake news. I stopped going there recently.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Drudge was sold months ago. "I wonder when the NDA expires". Allegedly to the Chinese.
My sister born on D-day 1944 was totally Drudge Report for all her news but even she dropped them about a year ago.

ganjoa

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Still a blip on the radar compared to the number of people in the country.

It has also been more than "8 or so days".

The fact is that this was a novel virus, so it was going to do all the killing it was going to do in a wave. But 63,000 weighed against 350 million is a fraction of a fraction of the population.

Every death is tragic, but not every death or even not every number of deaths is a disaster of epic proportions.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing as well. Used to always go to Drudge, but very rarely anymore.

Definite shift to the left, and even far left in some cases. Plus, they used to only aggregate from creditworthy sources, but now they aggregate sensational stuff from totally uncreditworthy sources and tabloids.

I don't mind reading opposing political views (think it's healthy actually), but I draw the line at some Indian tabloid in BFE India, or some obsure SE Asian tabloid source. A lot of that is just uninformed and wildly inaccurate...crap!

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
"I’ve largely found what they put up to be a diverse set of news and somewhat counter to msm coverage. Almost as though they care more about an accurate depiction of an story or at least another point of view (or show multiple points of view) for the reader to explore. They also have consistently been more favorable to Trump than other outlets.

That’s changed."

I too have visited Drudge, though seldom, perhaps once a week or so, occasionally more if some noteworthy story is in the news.

But this is likely the direction Media needs to take to remain relevant. The news is often times a novelty spin or curiosity clickbait. I used to like NPR, but their leanings were just so grotesque. Now most of my news is comprised of bits and pieces gleaned online through multiple sources. I'd say BBC is....... ok for starters, but examine even it closely.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
One thing that keeps me away from Drudge is the perpetual refreshing and in the middle of a read..... 'poof' gone.
Don't need the aggravation and have a very low tolerance for those practices.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sold “overseas” a few months ago

Linky

Another
edit on 1-5-2020 by FirePilotFilson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The attraction used to be the wall of news purveyors
GOOD NEWS FILE...
ABCNEWS
ATLANTIC
ASIA TIMES
AXIOS
BBC
BILD
BILLBOARD
BOSTON GLOBE
BOSTON HERALD
BREITBART
BUSINESS INSIDER
BUZZFEED
CBS NEWS
CBS NEWS LOCAL
C-SPAN
CHICAGO SUN-TIMES
CHICAGO TRIB
CHRISTIAN SCIENCE
CNBC
CNN
DAILY BEAST
DAILY CALLER
DEADLINE HOLLYWOOD
DER SPIEGEL
E!
ECONOMIST
ENT WEEKLY
FINANCIAL TIMES
FORBES
FOXNEWS
FRANCE 24
FREE BEACON
FREE REPUBLIC
GATEWAY PUNDIT
HELLO!
HILL
HILL: JUST IN
H'WOOD REPORTER
HUFFINGTON POST
INFOWARS
INTERCEPT
JERUSALEM POST
LA DAILY NEWS
LA TIMES
LUCIANNE.COM
MARKETWATCH
MEDIAITE
MOTHER JONES
NATION
NATIONAL REVIEW
NBC NEWS
NEW REPUBLIC
NEW YORK
NY DAILY NEWS
NY POST
NY TIMES
NY TIMES WIRE
NEW YORKER
NEWSBUSTERS
NEWSMAX
PEOPLE
PJ MEDIA
POLITICO
REAL CLEAR POLITICS
REASON
ROLL CALL
ROLLING STONE
SALON
SAN FRAN CHRON
SKY NEWS
SLATE
SMOKING GUN
SUN
TIME MAG
TMZ
[UK] DAILY MAIL
[UK] DAILY MAIL FEED
[UK] DAILY MIRROR
[UK] EVENING STANDARD
[UK] EXPRESS
[UK] GUARDIAN
[UK] INDEPENDENT
[UK] SUN
[UK] TELEGRAPH
US NEWS
USA TODAY
VANITY FAIR
VARIETY
WALL STREET JOURNAL
WASH EXAMINER
WASH POST
WASH TIMES
WORLD NET DAILY
ZERO HEDGE

Hasn't been too long ago Ariana Huffington sold the Huffington Post to AOL, I think 2011. Ok a few years ago, probably unrelated.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I rarely go to more than ATS, but I have a fair collection of bookmarks I file under conspiracy.

Lately I've been going through my bookmarks and deleting those sites that have sorely outdated or crappy content and reordered them. I just deleted Drudge Report after reading this thread. It was pretty far down my list and I hardly ever went there, so I had no opinion other than if they had recent content.

It's good to pay attention to propaganda, but lately I'm more interested in finding the most recent reports on any important topic. IMO, the initial reports on any serious situation are more accurate than the follow up spin used by the propagandists.
edit on 1-5-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Same here. I've noticed the change. They link more sensational type rag stories and nonsense. Maybe somebody has bought them? Maybe some of the global elect have been embedded?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join