It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the guy going to throw a grenade at the police officer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
He fully deserved to be shot. Stay down. Do not move. The same people saying he should not be shot will be the same damn people crying he should have been when the guy escapes and kills their child or someone they love.

This is not a video game. There is the rule of law and the rule of engagement. Both are to protect law abiding citizens. He was not one of them.

You must be one of those thin blue line flag supporters. Does boot leather taste good?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Where's the whole video?

Suspect made a throwing motion with no return gun fire.

Then suspect grabs something off the ground and the cops returned fire Till the threat was eliminated.

Maybe do a ride along or educate to see how cops train.🤗🤗

Until the "threat was eliminated"???

The threat???

I agree we need more info, more angles, perspective etc. I'm not on the side of the... Deceased....

But unloading a gun (or 2, sounded like 2 cops) in someone who is on their knees with a gunshot already is hardly a threat.

Did he reach for something?
Maybe

Did he deserve to be shot again? Probably

Can the cops use better judgement and maybe pop him one more time, since they are trained professionals who already have a bead on a guy on his knees with a gunshot.
Absolutely

Now, if he indeed brandished a gun, it was justified.

If he moved to act as if he was reaching, still not justified.

If he simply didn't comply while he was on his knees bleeding.... MURDER

Cops jobs are one of the toughest. They are held to a higher standard right? So keep them there.

We are of the same conclusion though i think...

But what are your thoughts if the guy didnt reach. Hell, even if he did, cops need to see the gun first or being assaulted before firing, especially before performing a firing squad execution.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
FTP
Bunch of criminals, minions of a system run by psychopaths.
edit on 29-4-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Plenty of citizens if armed would have ran towards the shooter,

I wouldn’t go as far to say plenty.

And does that diminish from what they did ?

Shootings involving civilians are few and far between . There are some bad shootings by police . But the majority of them aren’t and they outnumber civilian confrontations by a large percentage .

I was hoping people would pay attention to my last sentence .

Cops have wives and children too.

Edit;

One other thing about civilians engaging active shooters. The cops don’t know who the hell you are they can take you out inadvertently .

edit on 29-4-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It looked like a gang execution, but who knows, maybe he had a bomb vest.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
link

Cops said he charged them and they fired. I didn't see him charge. Looked more like a crawl.

He had a piece of rebar which he threw at them and missed a few seconds later they shot him.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That cop and his buddies should had been held liable for that one. The guy could had went to cuff the man while he was being covered,but no,he intentionally was being beliggerant to make the man mess up.
No that cop should be in jail.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I guess all I was saying is that I don’t think cops are superhuman heroes
There are good, average bad and evil in society.
Unlike some, I don’t worship them or think they are special

Looking at the video, the many videos I have seen, well that speaks louder than your words

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I can sum it up pretty easy .

They are human

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Yep, for the most part I think many are ok

Though also think some are arrogant self righteous and that’s indicative of everyone in society.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Do you have anything good to say about them ?

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Have a friend who is a cop, all she ever does is talk being a cop, bit monotonous.
For the most part no, just people doing a job, earning money, allowing power to go to their head.
Sounds terrible, actually, Pete was a cop, he worked in the tech department, not a street cop, he was a great bloke, fixed radar guns and cameras.

Guess it’s the nature of their job, everyone is a potential criminal and everyone is stupid.
Police get paid not to be nice and protect themselves, that’s going to cause them issues in society.
Also, what seems your “worship” of them, like they are awesome and amazing. Many people step up, often, without much training and without the remuneration

And it’s probably also a reflection of a corrupt legal system as well. Not their fault but it doesn’t look good when who they work for are corrupt

My last meeting with a cop, dropped a friend of at their home, social distancing, blah blah, there were five of us, all separated, not in a group, police pulled up, threatened us all with a $1000 fine, raised his voice, acted belligerent and abusive because, why, it’s illegal to be in a group with coved around.
That cop could have handled that situation in a million ways but no, just had to be a prick about it, very disappointing

I come from a country, state, suburb with little to no violence, safe, clean and lawful, police are for the most part respected, he lost all my respect that day.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I know over a half dozen cops in passing. I’ve got three are good friends one of them I’ve known since grade school. I grill out with them know their kids . My good friends kids I consider my own .

But they do put on a different attitude when they go into work. Nobody in their right mind wouldn’t .

Suspecting everybody of a crime is their job .

They do get paid to protect and serve .

Is there a law about being nice to everybody. Why are other people held to a different standard .

I won’t even touch the corrupt thing obviously you weren’t around in the 60s and 70s. That was corruption . Now any corruption you mentioned doesn’t hold a candle to then .

My last meeting with a cop, dropped a friend of at their home, social distancing, blah blah, there were five of us, all separated, not in a group, police pulled up, threatened us all with a $1000 fine, raised his voice, acted belligerent and abusive because, why, it’s illegal to be in a group with coved around.
That cop could have handled that situation in a million ways but no, just had to be a prick about it, very disappointing

If there was only one or two I can tell you exactly why they did that. They were out numbered they wanted to get control of the situation. And believe it or not Yep sometimes they use different tactics for your safety as much is their own .

Here’s something to remember .

If you spent all day every day breaking up fights, dealing with drunks, intervening in domestic violence With a good part of the time being screamed and cussed at .

What kind of face would you put on ?!

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

**LANGUAGE **
What would you do?
m.youtube.com...
edit on 2-5-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

I can sum it up pretty easy .

They are human

As far as that, so was Ted Bundy. So was John Wayne Gacy. So was Heinrich Himmler. So was Mother Theresa.

What's that have to do with it?
:
edit on 2020 5 02 by incoserv because: they let me.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Some humans are good and make the right choices. Some humans are bad and make the wrong choices .

Does that help ?

Or do you think all cops are bad ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join