It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food is being destroyed in USA because of Covid-19 Pandemic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
American Farmers Being Ordered To Depopulate Livestock And Destroy Crops

Oh good lord infowars Please enough with that crap LOL and I want to agree with you but you got to come up with better sourcing than that

Infowars is more reliable than your local news....
Look at the video above your post, the source is from a farmer.... stop being lazy.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ok, beef farmers know DAMN well, they can advertise, and sell: 1/4, 1/2 or whole steers for butcher and people will buy it, along with Pork.

So, instead of "destroying" their livestock, they could be doing that.

So, what is REALLY going on here?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Because the meat processing plants are shut down, many chickens will die. With modern feeding techniques and specially bred chicken breeds, a chicken or turkey will die after it reaches full size, they do not have hearts big enough for the size of the fast growing birds, they have heart attacks. Those chickens are tossed into the landfills or in big pits. There is a very narrow window.

You are only the second person that I've read about lately that seems to know this. So many people screaming they should let those chickens be free range or pets.

People really know nothing about the American food system, especially slaughterhouses and how animals are bred for meat exclusively.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

Oh good lord infowars Please enough with that crap LOL and I want to agree with you but you got to come up with better sourcing than that

Look at the video above your post, the source is from a farmer.... stop being lazy.

OH no because a farmer says so now we are gonna believe the spin LOL. He has his point no doubt but his point is also coming from he lost his ass, planted, worked for, and paid for orders in normal times, not this lockdown crap. I'd be screaming from the mountain tops too, pretty much doing the same thing in my ruined industry but IT DOESN'T MAKE THE REASONS BEHIND IT MALEVOLENT AND SINISTER. It just is
edit on 28-4-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Now there's this:

Donald Trump will use Defense Production Act to ORDER meat-processing plants to stay open after Tyson food boss warned of shortages of beef, pork and chicken as coronavirus hits workers

Trump will use the Defense Production Act to order the plants to stay open, a person familiar with the order told DailyMail.com, and the government will provide additional protective gear to the employees.

The president confirmed to reporters he would be signing an order late Tuesday.

'We're going to sign an executive order today, I believe,' Trump said in the Oval office. 'We'll be in very good shape. We're working with Tyson, one of the big companies in that world. We always work with the farmers.'

'There's plenty of supply, it's distribution,' he added. 'And we will probably have that today solved. It's a very unique circumstance, because of liability.'

Very informative article. Worth reading in its entirety.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

Don't forget to stock up on your
SURVIVAL SHIELD X-2
Your Price: $39.95
On Sale: $19.95
The globalists want you to be run down and unhealthy so they can dominate your life. Fight back with one of nature's greatest essentials.

what bull crap direct from the reliable and trusted INFOWARS

Like I said you aren't going to convince many people banging the INFOWARS drum, right or wrong you just aren't going too that's the reality.

edit on 28-4-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Because the meat processing plants are shut down, many chickens will die. With modern feeding techniques and specially bred chicken breeds, a chicken or turkey will die after it reaches full size, they do not have hearts big enough for the size of the fast growing birds, they have heart attacks. Those chickens are tossed into the landfills or in big pits. There is a very narrow window.

You are only the second person that I've read about lately that seems to know this. So many people screaming they should let those chickens be free range or pets.

People really know nothing about the American food system, especially slaughterhouses and how animals are bred for meat exclusively.
The people we get our half of beef from raised chickens one year, they were free range organic fed chickens, great tasting chickens, but because of the cost of the organic feed and the certification process, they had to get two fifty a pound for the meat...which was expensive because they were five pound chickens. They also had to bring them to the local meat processing plant to clean and process, which cost them a buck a pound to have done. We bought a couple and they had a hard time selling all of them, people did not want to pay two and a half bucks a pound for a chicken when a good Gerber chicken was only a buck a pound back then.

They had a problem with some of the big healthy ones just kealing over and dying, and that is what they found out was the problem. The slaughter house did move their spot up for processing so they would not lose all of the birds. I verified this problem somewhere online, and the government agency regulating this had the reasoning plainly listed and it detailed that the window for best weight and variability of survival after that point meant they must not let the chickens grow too long or financial losses from deaths will be worse than slaughtering them at a lower weight. So, four to four and a half pounds for the chickens was the best size for the type they had. Turkeys are the same way, pardoned turkeys by presidents do not live very much longer.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
How many remember going to a local butcher shop? Have you ever hunted or fished and processed your own game,? My two grandmothers lived through the depression, nothing ever wasted.
My grandmother always chopped the live chicken's head off, utilized everything, and had a garden.
Being self sufficient is lost on many and a huge problem with inner city people. Those concrete areas won't keep you alive.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

True, I raised a couple “Hybrid-X” chickens for food, as an experiment. I normally raise chickens for eggs, my chickens are true free range. The eggs are the best.

There’s no way those “Hybrid X” would ever be free range, they grew so fast one broke its leg, the others got so fat and big they couldn’t walk around, pretty sad and gross. We butchered them quickly.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Ok, beef farmers know DAMN well, they can advertise, and sell: 1/4, 1/2 or whole steers for butcher and people will buy it, along with Pork.

So, instead of "destroying" their livestock, they could be doing that.

So, what is REALLY going on here?

Farmers do not have the means to butcher millions of chickens, or cows or pigs.
Even if people were willing to buy them live, Do tell how do you sell millions of live animals to the public without employees?
It is the people in the slaughterhouses that are ill.

It's not the "selling", its the processing / butchering ability to sell in a live manner.
edit on 28-4-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Many years ago, I bought some old laying hens from a guy who owned the pasty shop locally, a buck a bird live. They were put into gunny sacks, so it was raining when I got them so decided to work on them in the basement. I cut slits in the burlap sacks so they could stick their heads out in the basement, they liked that. I had bought a dozen chickens.

So, I got one out of the bag and clumsily retied the bag, I brought it over to the basement sink where I had a hatchet and a thick cutting board on it and attemped to chop the head off of it. It had a very strong neck, I almost chopped my fingers off. I finally got it set, and whacked it's head off, it broke the cutting board when I did it and every chicken sheet in the basement and was squacking like crazy. Oh great, I let it drain in the sink and had to go out for fresh air and I dunked it in the hot water and pulled the feathers and cleaned it, still could not go into the basement, the chickens never settled down, but I lived in town, I could not be doing that in the back yard. The old Italian neighbor took two of the chickens, I put the one chicken I had cleaned into the pot with some onions and some water and salt and figured I would go set the chickens free in the forest.

I was loading the chickens in the sacks into the truck and one got loose, the other neighbor took off after it, and was chasing it down the street, and it outsmarted him but he caught it because it put it's head through the caving grounds fence and a guy delivering oil to someone's home was cracking up watching this happen, we thought he was having a heart attack. So we got the chicken back in the bag and I took off.

I stopped at a rummage sale and I told them where I was going and the girl called her dad and he came over and got the nine hens. I heard later they started laying again, so he kept them till they quit laying.

I returned home to find a house full of smoke and a charred chicken in the pot, I guess I should not have put the burner so high. I tossed it out, aired out the house and basement, and everything was cleaned up before the wife came home. She did complain the house really stunk from the burnt chicken, good thing she did not go do the laundry that day.

Ok, the neighbor brought over a small pot of soup the next day.....boy, was that good soup, the wife asked me why I didn't do anymore chickens, I told her I would rather buy them already cleaned. Never tried that again. The wife was looking for her cutting board three days later, I said I broke it, I did not tell her how but she found out when I was telling the story to a friend we used to hang around with.

That is a part of my education I would like to forget, but I learned from it. I helped a friend clean turkeys for about three years before Thanksgiving around six or seven years back, he knew what he was doing, I was just a helper, and my granddaughter helped one year too, she helped pluck and wash.

The chicken event I was talking about was back around 1988.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mugger
How many remember going to a local butcher shop? Have you ever hunted or fished and processed your own game,? My two grandmothers lived through the depression, nothing ever wasted.
My grandmother always chopped the live chicken's head off, utilized everything, and had a garden.
Being self sufficient is lost on many and a huge problem with inner city people. Those concrete areas won't keep you alive.

I processed all five of the deer I shot, and all of the fish I caught, that is not that bad of a job. I also cleaned partridge when I shot them and plucked them. I helped a friend slaughter fifty geese many years ago, I got a free goose for helping him. That was back in seventy nine. He had hundreds of geese and a nice processing building, but could only do about fifty a day on his farm. His help was sick so I volunteered. I also have done turkeys with a friend. That is not bad.

I had a bad experience with chickens at home and that is in another post in this thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's like playing out the genesis 41..

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Crops plowed under because of a lack of stoop labor migrant harvester shortage and other market forces.

www.theguardian.com...

calmatters.org...

Tear down the wall ...

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The truckers and other workers who are distributing the food must be allowed to work. I could run out of food and starve! And this means you also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a real threat.

As of Monday, truckers were still looking at better than one load per truck nationwide. Spot loads have dropped drastically, but the market was still at almost 1.5 loads per truck. Truckers are still working just fine.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Great story, thanks! I’m still laughing!

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This would be a good time for farmers to unionize...

They won't but it's a good time.

Oooh, a Communist!

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well, things are about to do some relaxing in the next week, so it'll be okay.

Now, if we are still having these levels of...well, lockdown, then we have an issue...but the 1st is a few days away, so lets not panic just yet.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I would go out and buy another freezer for the garage if they offered this option, I would buy a half a cow and quite a few chickens, maybe a pig or two. They want me to spend the "stimulus" check on things other than taxes or savings, that would be the way to do it.

My mother sent me a post from a farm here in NC that does chickens, they had trucks show up at various cities and towns across NC and SC, 40 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast was $40, same for thighs and appropriately priced other chicken parts. If I would have had a day off that I could take in the morning I would have bought 80 pounds of chicken and called my stock good for a while.

a reply to: mugger

Yep, have processed chickens, rabbits, fish, etc. I haven't done a deer but then again I know folks who can for a nominal fee or a bit of the meat. I've got plans to turn the house I'm building into a homestead, should be pretty self sufficient aside, and those things I'm not the farmers on my road have available. I drove down Saturday to check on the progress and caught a few "fresh egg" and "fresh honey" signs hanging up. That's at least 50% of why I chose to build where I am building.
edit on 4/28/20 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I heard a story about farmers in Florida not able to sell tomatoes to restaurants and plowing them under. I bought some tomato plants. I haven't been to the grocery store in a week or so. I didn't notice a meat shortage at the time. However I found out I live near a number of chicken farms within miles away in several directions. I could smell something foul. I didn't think that was good at the time. I haven't smelled anything foul in the last week though. I can imagine the supply chain for meat getting strained if several hundred employees are out sick at the processing facility and many remaining employees are busy disinfecting the facility. They don't have enough trained staff to process orders or the meat. Shipments will get delayed.

edit on 28/4/20 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join