It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California bans protests at state Capitol after opposition to Gov. Gavin Newsom’s coronavirus stay

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

You dont have it straight...
You ain't gonna be able to enjoy your rights if you starve to death!!! There is no mandate preventing any part of the food distribution from taking place.. and yet. The crops arent being harvested, the meat processors are shutting down. I went something like 2-3 weeks not being able to find hamburg in the stores before any of them shut down.
It's not the mandates that are the problem, it's the virus. What makes you think that lifting the mandates are gonna open the economy up? The people are gonna be willing to show up for work, or that they will have customers flocking in anxious to give them money?

And, as far as your "lock them up and let them die" bit, I'm sorry, but isnt that what you are saying about your elders and those who are seen at higher risk? Matter of fact. I've seen that sentiment so much on here I am beginning to wonder if some of yous have heavily invested in death bonds and are just tired of waiting for people to start kicking the bucket.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Actually, I would be hoping they would choose the other option. And. I think if we really put our minds to it we could think of a way to pay them a decent wage to harvest the crop, deliver if to the food banks, grocery, food processors, govt surplus sites, whatever while paying the farmers a decent price.
Since well, it looks like this is gonna be a long lasting problem made longer thanks to all those patriotic folks who think it's such a great idea to gather in large crowds and maliciously infect people or allow themselves to be infected so they can go back to their communities and infect others.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You ain't gonna be able to enjoy your rights if you starve to death!!! There is no mandate preventing any part of the food distribution from taking place.. and yet. The crops arent being harvested, the meat processors are shutting down. I went something like 2-3 weeks not being able to find hamburg in the stores before any of them shut down.
It's not the mandates that are the problem, it's the virus. What makes you think that lifting the mandates are gonna open the economy up?

You're worried about food shortages... Yet there is only one solution to ensuring it doesn't happen. And that's maintaining the facets of industry that provide it.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Ummmm... no mandates shut down the meat producers..
That was massive virus outbreaks. So, how do we prevent the virus from gaining entry into these plants and wiping out their employees??

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Until Martial Law is officially declared, the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and NOTHING supersedes that.

Don't think we're far from that.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Nothing prompts thoughts of martial law in the minds of the rulers than a mob of angry gun toting people converging on the state capitols.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Guessing you've never heard of eminent domain? Anyway, what's the border wall got to do with right to peaceful assembly?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Are some rights more important than others?
If you have the right to own a gun to protect your property.. then doesnt your right to be secure in your property have to be at least of equal value as your right to own a gun? If eminate domain can be used to destroy some peoples businesses, and it has, then why is it all of a sudden an infraction of our rights to temporarily shut down said businesses?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

You dont have it straight...
It's not the mandates that are the problem, it's the virus. What makes you think that lifting the mandates are gonna open the economy up? The people are gonna be willing to show up for work, or that they will have customers flocking in anxious to give them money?

And, as far as your "lock them up and let them die" bit, I'm sorry, but isnt that what you are saying about your elders and those who are seen at higher risk? Matter of fact. I've seen that sentiment so much on here I am beginning to wonder if some of yous have heavily invested in death bonds and are just tired of waiting for people to start kicking the bucket.

So you would have the populace concentrate on food rather than the blatant tyranny occurring across the entire nation???

Who do you work for? I'm serious.

You're twisting what I said, and putting words in my mouth as if I truly want to see the elderly rubbed out.

When did I even imply such a thing? That's horrible.

You're scared, I get it. However, not all of us are and I'm sure those that have fought for these United States were scared too, but they knew that their freedom and ideals were more IMPORTANT than their own fear to carry out what needed to be done to secure it.

I'm sorry, but there is NOTHING short of an E.L.E that will dissuade a large number of Americans from fighting for what's right.

You really should find that encouraging instead of mocking those that are doing what you're not willing to do.

See? There's that freedom again! You can choose to sit on your hands if that makes you feel better.

Lead, follow or get out of the way, because you're enabling the tyranny to continue unabated.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Until Martial Law is officially declared, the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and NOTHING supersedes that.

Don't think we're far from that.

Hence, the reason why folks are starting to act and the government is squashing those efforts.

They sure are acting like it's been declared

edit on 4/23/2020 by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Nice president set.

You ERA, abortion rights, black live matter, homosexual rights, antifa protesters - you're all done now.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Ummmm... no mandates shut down the meat producers..
That was massive virus outbreaks. So, how do we prevent the virus from gaining entry into these plants and wiping out their employees??

That's a fair concern, and honestly something we should address.

I've never worked in a meat processing plant... But if possible, they should probably compartmentalize workers as much as possible.

We're not addressing everything right now, we're hiding it. We're putting a paper towel on some dog crap and pretending it's handled.

And people sure as hell aren't going to be OK with the government telling them two weeks as we approach a month.

Then we have all the economic fallout of poorly planned measures that were supposed to last a few weeks.

The reality is this virus is going to be around a while. How long can we keep this up?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

We live in one of the most free countries in the world....
What tyranny???
Just about every country that has been affected by this virus has resorted to measures similar to what we have...
Red states, blue states, most states have. And the measures are part of the trump administrations suggested policy. According to trumps own plan to open the economy, no state has reached the level required to ease up.

And. In case you dont know what a death bond is, I will explain. There are companies who will buy you current life insurance policy, they will continue paying the premium till you die and then cash it in... basically, they are betting you will die. Well, they will also bundle these policies up, kind of like they did the crappy mortgages and sell the bundles.
Well, I am sorry but I am watching this crap,
We cant seem to get our crap together when it comes to testing. We cant seem to come up with the ppe for even the healthcare workers, let alone the other essential workers out there. They are pushing a drug that come to find out probably does more harm than good. And. Just to make sure, they are sending mobs out onto the streets to ensure the virus spreads far and wide...

So, just have to ask, who in high places invested heavily in these death bonds when they first heard about this virus?
Did any of them?
Now, that would be tyrannical!!

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Let them pick lettuce !!! 😁

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Plenty of work. With plenty of fresh air and sunshine.. out of the house frolicking in the open fields..
Till farmer joe comes around and sees how badly you destroyed the strawberry plants and sends you home.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rounda

So you're saying you're for fascism and tyranny?

Poster probably is unless the person running it is one they disapprove of. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find plenty of moaning about ORANGE MAN's fascist tyranny.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Does that law or the constitution talk about the need for a permit?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

What tyranny?

If you were a small business owner with a business you'd poured your life and savings into, invested blood sweat and tears into for years, and were turning enough profit to keep you going ...

Would you really be asking "What tyranny?!" had the government come along and ordered you shut down, deeming your livelihood "non-essential"?

If you were sitting there watching your dwindling funds, mounting bills, and seeing your life's work being destroyed in front of your eyes while the government orders you to sit there and do nothing, would you really be saying "What tyranny?!"

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Does that law or the constitution talk about the need for a permit?

No it does not.

Nor does it state,"unless there's a virus, or a state or national emergency.."

Didn't see that in there either.
edit on 4/23/2020 by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

You mean you aren't imagining that scene at the Continental Congress?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join