It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future politics - can a forum generate true democracy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Nah, I'm lazy to work on medium not to mention big things beyond a mental exercise. As most people.
I'll criticize it in comments under a youtube video if my ATS thread sticks and inspires someone

Edit: You seem to be the only one interrested. So far. Lol. Have a nice day
It seems like ecclesia.com domain name is available. I can come with some improvements later if you book it for us

edit on 25/4/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ
Well, since my interest is in pointing out why the project wouldn't work, it seems difficult that I would be interested in booking a domain for it.

I guess we will never know.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There a saying when it comes to visiting certain places in the Caribbean, and it usually involves not taking a vacation down there around election time in those countries.

Maybe for stats an surveys, along with having various personalities with opinions on topics or arguments, but if the civil divide was that bad, then yes an electronic forum could work...if there was no civility regarding the topic.

Michio Kaku bring the topic up at 4:30 in this video.

edit on 26-4-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Kaku takes a very extreme stance, "internet democracy would be chaos".

He is correct if it replaces the current system and it dictates policy on an hour by hour basis.

He is wrong if it is just added to the existing system as another form of checks and balances and is structured so that public opinion is taken into account in an orderly fashion.

The interviewer alludes to this a couple of times and he just falls back on the way he has presented it because it is the only way his argument holds up.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I'm baaaac k.

Yeah, being part of current system is a good start.
I've seen this guy being wrong before. Thank you Mr. Takashiyamamoto for explaining us peasants, us impulsive monkeys, why we cant have that. Your objective seems reasonable and will be voted upon once it gets enough flags.
If no one cares where's the chaos?
Many self-invited intellectuals have a dangerous idea about various ways of ruling others and the world while pretending it's not them but the higher ideas they represent, safety, order, rule of law... It's so complicated that you need a degree to talk about one part of the matrix but it's still only a corrupt theater. If there were periods of chaos, people will learn from it.

Once the time is ripe it will happen IMO with or without a well established system. Each little group can cause a lot of damage. Revolutions happen periodically, they are bloody and someone always steals the power. Nerds or vicious tools in hands of a hidden ultrarich elite.
A self-adjusting system of constant change and control could prevent that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join