It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hippie Temptation - A Disputable Documentary.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Is this documentary fair on the hippies?

It admits that the hippies were a "failure" of society.

However it also says that the hippies at the time (mid 1960's to 70's) were just emotionally stunted.

edit on 19-4-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Well now, define "Hippy". That was a hilariously loaded premise...also I am not a hare krishna guy so not really sure what they are on about.
edit on 19-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Tricky, but going with the doccie above.

Which begs the question.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman

Tricky, but going with the doccie above.

Which begs the question.

which question? It seems like a statement where you say the were a failure and emotionally stunted.

Would you say any good came out ofd the Hippy movement?

Edit to add - hey halfoldman hope all is well! Good seeing you!

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I like this: "The hippies are capable of hard work, although they approach work like most of us approach sport".

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I like this: "The hippies are capable of hard work, although they approach work like most of us approach sport".

Well "Their very name suggests they are hip. On to something good." Wait a minute - this is different! HA, THIS IS CLASSIC!! I swear there was another hare krishna vid there but maybe I am hallucinating.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hippies , for the most part , are the group that brought an end to the Vietnam War .
And brought about the EPA.
I know , I was there.

edit on 4/19/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Many think it is a communist inspired Neo-Marxist movement.

Maybe some people are, but no, we have no defined ideology at all.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Many think it is a communist inspired Neo-Marxist movement.

Some folks also suspect the counter culture was 'engineered' and there's a pretty fascinating interview below with the late David McGowan discussing his book 'Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon : Laurel Canyon, Covert Ops & The Dark Heart of the Hippie Dream'.

What we learn from Weird Scenes is that not only were the movers of the 60’s musical revolution mysteriously concentrated in the very exclusive Laurel Canyon area, but what bound all of them were three common threads dangling against the backdrop of one highly curious phenomenon.

•Family connections to the military or intelligence community

•Connections to the occult

•A long chain of mysterious deaths and brutal murders

Laurel Canyon was home to a top secret military intelligence film studio whose presence and purpose remain largely unknown to this day.

link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hippie is dead.

His funeral was held on Haight St in Sand Francisco in 1967.

The announced death and subsequent funeral parade was organized the '''The Diggers''.

Those living in the Haight Ashbury in the early to mid sixties were living there at first because of the low rents and proximity to Golden Gate Park, the gem of San Francisco''s park system. Generally, many of the people there at that time were in a manner of speaking an offshoot of the Beat Generation, those communities of iconoclastic rebels who lampooned the rigid constraints of post war society.

As the media of that time period began to notice this post war generation, a lot of the national attention was focused on this community,. Popular songs were written and played on the nations ''pop'' music stations.

As that summer developed, the influx of youth, expecting sex, drugs and rock and roll stressed the fragile fabric of the indigenous Haight culture.

What followed in the ensuing years was not of hippie at all but rather a product of media sensationalism and the advancement of monetary investment in the branding of that meme.

Hippie was dead but

exhibits.library.ucsc.edu...
edit on 30America/ChicagoSun, 19 Apr 2020 03:15:55 -0500Sun, 19 Apr 2020 03:15:55 -050020042020-04-19T03:15:55-05:00300000015 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Whoa bummer man! You're like BLOCKING man..

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sorry. Blocking? Blocking what?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Sorry. Blocking? Blocking what?

Sorry, bad Lorraine Newman from SNL quote.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
HIPPY'S were never a failure. Look at Gay rights Equal rights for men and women and Cannabis legalisation for examples of Hippy's winning.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   

In that case, ''Send more Chuck Berry''

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

wowsers nearly spilt my tea over that bit

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Even that "documentary" is propaganda to get more people into rebellion. Just look at ten minutes in.... Katz..... obviously working to tear down society so his group can control the "reconstruction". All so obvious. I don't think people can be fooled as easily now that we have the internet.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Joke: what did the millennial daisy say to the hippy?
OK bloomer.

I'm groovy with that.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Most hippies grew up went to work and did well by them and their families . ( those that can do )

The rest of them went into the education system and are why we have our current problem . ( those that can’t teach )

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   
How did the hippies get their hands on Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds?

edit on 19-4-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join