It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA Governor orders business employees and customers to wear masks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: snrRog
Is the governor going to supply them?

No, remember 2 weeks back when he wanted people to snitch and confiscate from businesses that had supplies? So that the state could re route them to places hardest hit. So he wants us to buy mask... yet he is actively trying to take them away from suppliers. I'm sure he has a stockpile of them at his residence.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Says hypocrite Wolf while not wearing a mask.

Just because of Wolf I am going to go shopping without a mask.

Yep.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I have seen several video's of police arresting and harassing people, right up in their face too, yet these cops aren't wearing any masks!
Don't you think if this was as severe a risk as they are pretending that the police would be geared up?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If my state does this I'm getting one of those bird beak plague masks. And a cloak.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Not to mention the Surgeon General told people not to buy masks a few weeks back as it doesn't help civilians.

Aside from the points I've made earlier... If you're not sterilizing it after each use, it's worthless. If you touch it to reposition it, now your hands are spreading everything. It's been argued it actually provides an area for the virus to attach much like facial hair...

I think either side of this is debatable... But why in the f*** are people blindly trusting the same government that changes its stance weekly. They're flying by the seat of their pants, at the cost of trillions I might add.

If you compare us to countries with little or none of these measures, is there a substantial difference in number of infected to justify such proclamations?

What bugs me more than the government doing all this is the lack of questioning from almost anyone.

I don't think the virus is a hoax. I think it is serious, and for those who are vulnerable a deadly threat. But that doesn't mean I'll just stay silent about the government writing blank checks while pulling the rug from production. And I certainly won't just trust they have my, or anyone's best interest in mind for that matter.

We're approaching an election year. Politicians on either side are just making appearances that they "did something". It doesn't matter if it works or was efficient. This is just the theatrics we've all grown accustomed to, and somehow believe its proper governance.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Think it was posted here..
A former state trooper was with his daughter at a park. They were distancing themselves from others. Police came and arrested him in from of his kid. None of the other 4 arresting officers were wearing a mask. The poor guy and his daughter were at least 50 feet or greater from others, and there weren't many people at all.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Great points.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: seeker1963

Think it was posted here..
A former state trooper was with his daughter at a park. They were distancing themselves from others. Police came and arrested him in from of his kid. None of the other 4 arresting officers were wearing a mask. The poor guy and his daughter were at least 50 feet or greater from others, and there weren't many people at all.

Yea, that was in Colorado if I remember correctly.

The police department apologized though. lol Guarantee if he wasn't a retired leo we most likely wouldn't have heard a peep.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Speaking of troopers not wearing masks.... If politicians are so damned concerned... Why don't I see any wearing masks?

In crowds of far more than ten mind everyone.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Governors going rouge !! 👓 🐑 👓

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A grocery store in Tennessee called The Fresh Market is requiring customers to wear masks now. It was effective beginning yesterday. Ive been wearing one when I go to the store for the past couple of weeks.

I only get out once a week now for about an hour. Also even the rural store I shop at has now installed large plastic windows in front of the cashiers.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Governors going rouge !! 👓 🐑 👓

And leading the Charge.

Gov. Wolf Joins Call For $500B In Additional Federal Aid For States Battling Coronavirus

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

The letter, dated Wednesday, was issued with two other Democratic governors, Tony Evers of Wisconsin and Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan.

In the letter, they acknowledge that the federal government is making an initial $71 billion available to meet some immediate cash flow needs of state and local governments.

edit on 16-4-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If it's a requirement to wear a mask the business or govt should hand them out or sell them at the door at a fixed price.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Democrats and their governor minions are going to try and make this manufactured crisis last until at least November 2020.

If President Trump wins a second term, they are already talking about extending this until 2022.

edit on 16-4-2020 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
Yes, you should be allowed to spread the potentially fatal virus to anyone, whether they want it or not.

As soon as you try to have a discussion on this subject, some dumbass jerk throws out a comment like this one.

A couple things here.

One. I understand the idea of trying to "flatten the curve". Trying to prevent a surge in cases to keep them from overwhelming the health care system. It has been a month. Any benefits from that are almost gone. We have these so called "experts" saying that we need to keep everything closed to possibly next year. That's not going to work.

Two. It is time for those who have underlying conditions to start taking responsibility for their own well being and let the rest of us get on with our lives. Me personally, I'll do anything to help them out. I'm in that boat myself. I have allergies to where if I come in contact or ingest certain items it can kill me. That's my responsibility to look out for myself, not to place it on anybody else.

In my opinion if this wasn't a Presidential election year, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Plain and simple.

By the way, If Governor Wolfe can tell me where to buy a mask, I'll be happy to comply for a week. Otherwise it is kind of a moot point.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I would imagine our Michigan gov will be announcing mask wearing pretty goon. She seems to like to jump on bandwagons.

edit on 16-4-2020 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Speaking of troopers not wearing masks.... If politicians are so damned concerned... Why don't I see any wearing masks?

In crowds of far more than ten mind everyone.

Since I can't get a mask at my pharmacist (whom was forced to turn over his supplies to the state ).

I purchased this back in early march:

Still hasn't shipped out. Look at how much the filters cost.😥

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: Drucifer
Yes, you should be allowed to spread the potentially fatal virus to anyone, whether they want it or not.

As soon as you try to have a discussion on this subject, some dumbass jerk throws out a comment like this one.

A couple things here.

One. I understand the idea of trying to "flatten the curve". Trying to prevent a surge in cases to keep them from overwhelming the health care system. It has been a month. Any benefits from that are almost gone. We have these so called "experts" saying that we need to keep everything closed to possibly next year. That's not going to work.

Two. It is time for those who have underlying conditions to start taking responsibility for their own well being and let the rest of us get on with our lives. Me personally, I'll do anything to help them out. I'm in that boat myself. I have allergies to where if I come in contact or ingest certain items it can kill me. That's my responsibility to look out for myself, not to place it on anybody else.

In my opinion if this wasn't a Presidential election year, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Plain and simple.

By the way, If Governor Wolfe can tell me where to buy a mask, I'll be happy to comply for a week. Otherwise it is kind of a moot point.

And every time this conversation comes up some dumbass jerk throws down their belief that people will actually try to distance themselves from others while going back to work.

The protest in Michigan would have been a PERFECT time to demonstrate that people can gather and still practice distancing themselves, but nope. Hell, one of my employees who has COPD needed to be told so many times that he needs to keep his distance from people to the point our owner asked him to stay home and we’ll keep paying him. And he’s still going to his 80 year old mother’s house every night with his son, who works in the Port of Miami. Every vendor we’ve had on my property that they need to keep their distance from everyone, all but one single tech has ignored this.

There’s ATS members who brag about going about their lives like nothing happened, how they visit shop to shop, checking in on the fellow people of their town spreading good cheer.

The government clearly doesn’t believe people will follow the distancing recommendations because people aren’t doing it now.

Pennsylvania isn’t the only place, I just took this picture 20 minutes ago when getting keys made.
Oh no, gubment!

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

All the nuts roll down hill.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: trollz

It's one thing for the government to say "wears mask, it might help", and another to force it.

This ^^^ Right Here ^^^

Has been a problem thats been ramping up for years now. In nearly every context that some associate with so-called "SJW's." Though.. It definitely spans beyond that, as we see now.

Many dont understand the difference between each of these approaches. In fact, many seem to think the whole "forcing people to comply" is the way to go. Whether the consequences are anything from social decimation to ad revenue cessation to government intervention.

You ask someone like me to do something politely.. Well, theres a damn good chance Ill go for it. If that same someone demands I comply or there will be "consequences," well.. Thats when my asshole gene kicks in. Cant even help it, its in my DNA

All of this is getting dumb af.

Thats for sure.. And it certainly didnt start with this virus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join