It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID is stressing me out!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well not really Covid-19, but the conspiracy theorists in my immediate life and their reaction to it.

A guy at work thinks this is all a government hoax and nobody even has COVID, just the common flu. To him it's all a lie and he won't STFU about it. Not sure he has ever given a reason for the government to just make this up in all of his hours of endless blabbering about it. He is constantly showing pictures with hospital parking lots empty, empty waiting rooms, stories of people getting their pay cut at hospitals, etc... Like no # Sherlock, everybody is afraid to go to the hospital unless they are 1 last second from death and every non-essential medical service has been freaking cancelled.

My stepson blames it all of 5G. Like his god damn cell phone, which he never puts down by the way, is going to activate the virus in everyone. Apparently not him though, because he is on that phone all day, every day reading conspiracy #. I am pretty sure he is living proof that it's not 5G, because if it was he would already be dead. He believes all kind of crazy stuff and one half of it contradicts the other half.

But the worst, by far, is my sister. She is all jacked up on Q and thinks everything going on right now is Trump setting up the world to capture the evil, baby eating, blood drinking elite. So apparently Trump is playing a $10 trillion game of 4D Chess. All I can say is he better win at the 4D Chess or we are all f'ed in the a. On the bright side, if he wins maybe he ends up with $20 trillion and he can pay part of the debt down.

One would think that you could find a cheaper way to bust a bunch of baby eating, blood drinking, child raping maniacs, say for instance put an ad on facebook saying show up here for some babies to eat and then nail them when they show up. Imagine a "To Catch a Predator" episode, but instead of asking them why they are there with roses, candy, and condoms for a 12 yr old girl Chris Hansen says hey why did you come here answering our ad for dinner made of babies and blood wine. That's got to come way under a $10 trillion budget.

I feel better now. Thanks for letting me vent.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

You have a bunch of cool friends!
Maybe you can invite them over to ATS so they can tell their stories here and you don't have to listen to them

Sincerely NC

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Gonna rant with you a bit, some of my family members are absolutely convinced that Gaia is giving us payback for messing with nature, and somehow an age of enlightenment is upon us.

...Age of idiocracy is upon us...

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
Well not really Covid-19, but the conspiracy theorists in my immediate life and their reaction to it.

A guy at work thinks this is all a government hoax and nobody even has COVID, just the common flu. To him it's all a lie and he won't STFU about it. Not sure he has ever given a reason for the government to just make this up in all of his hours of endless blabbering about it. ...

So, why are they stressing you out? I mean, if they are all deceived fools, just ignore them and submit to whatever the authorities tell you and you'll be fine. After all, they are all smarter than you, right? And they care for your well-being and only your well-being above all else, right? And if you do everything you're told, you'll have nothing to worry about, right? If they are just crazy, ranting nutjobs, then why would their words bother you anymore than the yapping of a stray dog or the mumblings of a child?

Unless, deep down inside, you know they are right. You know that there is more to this than meets the eye, more than the authorities are letting on.

If that's the case, and you are trying your damnedest to deny it, then you may be experiencing something called cognitive dissonance. This occurs when you are forced or force yourself to accept a belief that your real-world experience doesn't agree with. It is a very stressful condition and just might be what's happening with you.

Yeah, I think that deep down in your psyche of psyches you know that they are right, that you and everyone else is being played, and they things are not what they seem. But you are too frightened of the ramifications to admit it to yourself.
:
edit on 2020 4 13 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I’m in the same boat as you are. These days the only thing spreading faster than this virus is stupidity.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I’m in the same boat as you are. These days the only thing spreading faster than this virus is stupidity.

Same goes for you. You are stressed because you refuse to face the obvious reality of the twisted world in which you live.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

It bothers me because their beliefs are based in ignorance. I love the family members and I hate to see them destroy their lives with this foolishness. A lot of the family won't even talk to them and have cut them off from facebook, instagram, etc because they cannot stand to hear/read the endless craziness they spread like a disease. It's sad and it ruins their lives, because it disables them. Both of them just sit home and read this stuff and are paralyzed by the fear it creates in them. They spend their whole life thinking the world (the government, NWO, Reptillians, etc) is out to get them. What they fail to realize is the very people they listen to have already trapped them in a prison of fear and ignorance far worse than any government could do to them. That's why. You get those 2 going at a family function and it's like paranoid schizophrenic central.

edit on 13-4-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Gonna rant with you a bit, some of my family members are absolutely convinced that Gaia is giving us payback for messing with nature, and somehow an age of enlightenment is upon us.

...Age of idiocracy is upon us...

Yeah like the Earth just woke up one day and said THAT'S IT! They have been pissing on me and throwing their garbage on me and digging holes in me and I have had it and then it cooks up a nice virus to kill us all.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Well, if their perspective on things doesn't line up with yours, you'd damn well better cut them off, because not believing the official line, no swallowing everything hook, line and sinker, thinking for yourself and reasoning things can be very, very dangerous.

Funny thing is, I'm experiencing something similar. I'm on the other side from you; I doubt a lot of what we're being told. I see this thing being used to carry out agendas that have long laid dormant. Rahm Emanuel said that you should never let a crisis go to waste because it allows yo to do things that you never thought you'd be able to do. James Madison said that "Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant." But don't you even go there, and make sure to cut off everybody who does not think like you, because that is what made America great, all of us thinking alike.

My son thinks differently from me. He thinks that we should cower in our homes and hide until the gov't saves us. His perspective is different from mine. Funny thing is, I respect his perspective, but he's attacked me for mine.

That's telling. That's the kind of reaction that I expect to come out of irrational fear.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Send your mad mates and family to talk to my ignorant mates and family and everything equals out.

Ignorance is bliss V everything is a conspiracy.

Sorted.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This whole thing has me stressed out too and I can see some slipage in my mental health.

I've actually been "locked in" since January since I had major surgery and took a few months to recover and get to the point I was ready to rejoin the world. Then BAM: Here is my story:

Last night and this AM were the worst.

I was in the path of the tornado generating storms. Many shelters in our area would not open because they didn't want people getting the virus. REALLY??? An about 5% chance of dying of the virus and about a 90+% chance of dying if a tornado hits your home. It was crazy. Fortunately, we have our own shelter, but I was totally disgusted at what was happening led by "experts" and "the leadership" around me.

At 3 AM we lost power. Last time things were this bad we lost power for a full week (8 years ago). I went back to sleep hoping it would be on in the AM.

I had dreams of restaurants that had turned into speakeasies where the fronts were shuttered and people snuck in the back to get prepared food and coffee.

Then I woke up to - no power - no coffee - no way to cook the food on our diet (so we don't become roly poly obese during the lockdown). Worst of all I forgot to recharge my cell phone.

So I headed out to drive around and recharge my phone and to check out the damage around us. Of course, the garage door would not go up, even after pulling the safety cord, it was too heavy for me to lift due to my surgery and I'm not fully recovered even yet (I had to stop physical therapy). So I repeatedly kicked the garage door and grumbled to myself loudly.

Then I tried my spouse's garage door which opened easily and took that car.

Just out of the subdivision and onto the main road I saw the damage. Utility poles that looked like a broken matchsticks. That really set me off but I knew I needed to calm down. I knew I had two options, neither was good since my state is on lockdown. One was to set up the generator, but I had to get gas to do that. The other was to go get coffee and cool down, but heck no, how would I sterilize the cup handed to me through the window?

I finally saw the utility repair team heading down the road and asked how many days it would take to repair the downed poles and lines. I was surprised when they said hours. So I got much needed gas for the car and used wipes to touch everything I had to touch and headed home.

I was so demoralized by that point and felt so helpless and at the mercy of things I knew I could not control.

I was angry that I had to mistrust every human being I encounter and fear they might unknowingly have a disease that might kill me (the media has told me this over and over and over).

I was angry at myself for not spending the 10K years ago to get a whole house generator and instead a $500 portable generator that has sat so
long who the heck knows if it will work or not. Fortunately the power did come back on a few hours later so the portable generator can sit longer.

My spouse is too terrified to have any repair people or work done even outside the house, they might give us the virus, so we have been told by the media. So the shower leaks and toilet runs and no way we'll get a whole house generator until "this is all over", which the news says will be 18 months more minimum.

I have been feeling totally useless. Before this I was my grandchildren's main after school activities driver. But now the state is forcing me to treat my grandchildren like disease ridden zombies due to lockdown orders. My teenage granddaughter's school is not sending her any work online and she lays around staring despite all the things her parents have tried to help her out of her depression over the lockdown.

I used to do volunteer work at my church that helped the poor, people in hospitals, and people in drug rehab. Now I can't do any of that but must be terrified of the people I used to help as possible stealth disease carriers I must avoid, the state tells me so with the lockdown.

I used to be the primary errand runner for the entire family 8-86 so they could have more free time. No more, I can't even order from Amazon without fear packages will arrive covered in COVID virus, so the news tells me.

I am over 60 and the news tells me that if the hospitals get overwhelmed, I will be left to die because I am useless to society and should be allowed to die, thanks alot media.

If this lockdown stuff keeps going for 18 months like the medical experts are demanding must be done to "save us all", I won't have a brain cell left that is worth anything.

edit on 4/13/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Same goes for you. You are stressed because you refuse to face the obvious reality of the twisted world in which you live.

Yeah.

The world is controlled by elite satanist pedophile Democrats that eat children and harvest an imaginary hallucinogen from them to live forever.

I genuinely pity the person who starred your comment.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I would argue that people following the official narrative are doing pretty much the same.
staying home, getting bombarded and paralysed by fear media, spending their whole lives hopping the world(government, media, and authorities) are out to help them. They are trapped as well.
At least everyone seems to still be free to choose his prison, but I would rather call it echo chamber. Sure the official echo chamber has more people in it so this might help with low self confidence.
And when they go out they social distance and act all paranoid wearing masks and hoarding toilet paper, as if everyone else is a danger to them, and toilet paper is the number one survival item.

what happens if you hit the self resonant frequency of an echo chamber and keep on doing what that particular echo chamber was doing?
The bubbles are about to burst.
just be there when that happens, and if it is yours that happens to burst don't worry we will be there too.

Sincerely NC

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

But the worst, by far, is my sister. She is all jacked up on Q and thinks everything going on right now is Trump setting up the world to capture the evil, baby eating, blood drinking elite. So apparently Trump is playing a $10 trillion game of 4D Chess.

Wow, same here.

I recently found out that my half-sister, who grew up in a very liberal lesbian household, is all jacked up on Q and supports Trump. Of course, this only started after 3+ years of marriage, two kids, and her husband's friends, when she's perusing FB and all that BS and misinformation and #.

I told her she'd fit right in at ATS, and then she wouldn't stop sending me Q #, so I finally told her to stop sending me all that BS.

It's really sad, actually.

And there's my uncle, who's all "I don't buy into all this flu crap," continuing on in his normal ways, and will probably get us all infected.
edit on 13-4-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoConspiracy

what happens if you hit the self resonant frequency of an echo chamber and keep on doing what that particular echo chamber was doing?
The bubbles are about to burst.
just be there when that happens, and if it is yours that happens to burst don't worry we will be there too.

Sincerely NC

We are headed toward a really loony mass mental breakdown which will be seen in a breakdown of civilized society.

All thanks to the media who loves to make everything look 10x worse than it is and gets off on terrorizing and terrifying people for ratings. Also, thanks to "experts" who only look at numbers and forget the humanity of those locked in living in terror of the world in their hovels, getting obese, and deteriorating more and more each day - who will emerge terrified of being within 6 feet of any human who does not live in their household for years to come.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Yeah.

The world is controlled by elite satanist pedophile Democrats that eat children and harvest an imaginary hallucinogen from them to live forever.

I genuinely pity the person who starred your comment.

See, right there. That's it! I never said anything about "elite satanist pedophile Democrats that eat children. I just don't put all my trust in the almighty wisdom and omniscience of the government.

Now, I'm willing to listen to your side and discuss the issue, but you are incapable of presenting a cogent, coherent, intelligent argument to support your position. All you can do is make senseless, baseless, ignorant ad hominem attacks to try to rile me up and make me look bad.

You fail miserably. And you fail because, obviously, your reaction is 100% fear based. You have allowed yourself to be worked into a state of irrational fear by the confusing, conflicting and often baseless media reports of gloom and doom. Your fear has caused you to loose the ability to think rationally, making you very susceptible to whatever others say, further inducing more fear, irrationality and more susceptibility. It's a vicious circle and you really need to break yourself free of it. (That pisses you off, doesn't it? See, more proof of your fear.)

You will either ignore this because it scares you too deeply, or you will launch another ad hominem attack in a predictably failed attempt to obfuscate what I am saying and shield yourself from you own cognitive dissonance. You, however, will not be capable of discussing the issue rationally because your deep-seated fear won't allow you to do so.

So very, very sad, really. You become the tool of the people who want to destroy you and thereby aid in the further destruction of others.
:
edit on 2020 4 13 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I feel your pain. It is very sad. If it wasn't that they were family and I loved them I would just write off whatever happens to the them to Natural Selection.

I just don't understand people who read 4 chan or watch some loser on YouTube and base their life off of that with no evidence whatsoever to support it.

And the endless posting, text messages, and other bull crap for them to keep pushing the idea. I know they are thinking they are saving us all, when really they are just bugging the # out of us and we don't read it anyway.

Whoever made up that Q character really mind screwed some people.

edit on 13-4-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Sounds like this is bad timing for you. I am sorry this came as you were recovering and ready to go out and about. That must make this very difficult.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Reply to the two Billies:

Here ya go Billie/Billie...

You tube
Enjoy...

(or try to)
edit on 4/13/2020 by NightFlight because: I can't seem to get my videos to play. ?

edit on 4/13/2020 by NightFlight because: try number 2

edit on 4/13/2020 by NightFlight because: I've been up since three watched the tornadoes go by no fun at all... sleepy.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Here, this should make everybody feel better ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join