It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old people would rather die than end their lives as trapped rats in a cage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This morning on the "Alan Jones Breakfast Show", Alan read out a letter that was sent to him from a resident of an aged care facility.

While I have been wallowing in my own self pity about this BS "Flatten the Curve" self isolation, I have not given much thought about the much tougher isolation measures put upon our elderly citizens.

Here Alan Jones talks about an email he received from an Aged Care Facility

"I have a lot of elderly people writing to me, one who's written to me from an Aged Care Home, about quote, unquote Draconian Rules, and he says quote " I'm terrified about giving such powers to the government and the police, there is a very real desire within man to dominate others to keep them within your power, and in a little way here, we are a microcosm in the general society".

"In the name of caring for the Elderly he writes, we are locked in like maximum security prisoners, no one is permitted to enter the building, nor go out, the door codes have all been locked - no outside special teachers such as Art Teachers, or Entertainers, even Hairdressers have been banned".

"Consequently most unfortunate people in this Aged Care Facility are doomed to sit in front of the Idiot Box for up to 14 hours a day. There is nothing whatsoever to do, they can't even go for a walk around the building".

"Thank God I have a computer, but there is only one other resident in this place with one. Now my computer is on the blink and I wanted to bring in a repair technician from "Geeks to You" to fix it. I had to have the manager in my room for a chance to Beg for Permission for the Technician, as I earn my living from the computer - She said "Absolutely Not". I countered that it was hypocritical that Technicians come in to service the Firms IT Network, so I surely have the right to have a Technician come in to service my computer. Finally she would only agree to have my computer repaired by remote, and that is hopefully happening on Wednesday.

Allan - " He says believe me Elderly People at night particularly the men are SHOUTING, YELLING AND CRYING for their Wives, their Children, demanding to see their Children and Grandchildren and they need to go home".

He finishes his letter with these Words.

"TRULY NO MATTER HOW DANGEROUS THIS VIRUS IS, OR ISN'T - OLD PEOPLE WOULD RATHER DIE THAN END THEIR LIVES AS TRAPPED RATS IN A CAGE"

My Mother is almost 80 years old and she would never be left in one of these Hellhole Institutions. They are the true victims of this Social Distancing.

Alan Jones Breakfast Show - 7th of April

Letter to Allen starts at the 59th Minute mark.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   

"PEOPLE WOULD RATHER DIE THAN LIVE THEIR LIVES AS TRAPPED RATS IN A CAGE"

My life, right there.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   
If he has a computer he should live stream it for the world to see.

That would get fixed fast.

This quarantine is starting to get to me a bit now if im honest. I aint played golf in 6 weeks ffs.

Especially as the weather warms up.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

This quarantine is starting to get to me a bit now if im honest. I aint played golf in 6 weeks ffs.

Maybe he only has basic computer skills like sending emails and reading news articles, not everyone knows how to live stream.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Judging by the "MAKE ME" attitudes (the whiney-asses would call it cavalier) they have around my neighborhood, they're not going to submit to any restrictions if they can help it. I feel for the ones in the homes with no recourse and no way out. People think they're effing helping them out, but all they're doing is making their lives harder to live on a daily basis, or dooming them to existence as a caged animal in "the homes".

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

My dad's pretty damn good with computers in his upper 70's, but wouldn't know the first thing about livestreaming. Or how to hook up a camera in the first place.I don't think his laptop HAS a built-in camera.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

He is obviously one of the Aged Care Residents that is aware of what's going on.

" I'm terrified about giving such powers to the government and the police, there is a very real desire within man to dominate others to keep them within your power, and in a little way here, we are a microcosm in the general society".

It seems like the Aged Care manager is experiencing Orgasmic Pleasure exercising her dominance over him.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018
a reply to: Nyiah

He is obviously one of the Aged Care Residents that is aware of what's going on.

" I'm terrified about giving such powers to the government and the police, there is a very real desire within man to dominate others to keep them within your power, and in a little way here, we are a microcosm in the general society".

It seems like the Aged Care manager is experiencing Orgasmic Pleasure exercising her dominance over him.

I know that, it's why I said I feel for the folks stuck in homes with no recourse or way out of them. They're being suffocated (in the proverbial sense) against their will. I can understand the homes for the dementia/Alzheimer's patients going on full lockdown mode, but not the retirement or ALF homes where people are still in good mental health.
edit on 4/7/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Might help to keep in mind this is just temporary?
Might also help to keep in mind that we can all have a say on just how long temporary is?
Want temporary to end as quickly as possible, just do your part and stay away from each other as much as possible.
Want temporary to hang around for a few more months, into the summer, or into the fall?? Fine, head to the beach and mingle with the crowds till you become a statistic that will only provide justification to extending temporary further out.

As far as the nursing homes and the like. From the little experience I have had with them, they seem to be too restrictive in the best of times. Fully functional people shouldnt be in them to begin with. Only people who's medical needs have exceeded their children's ability to care for them should be. Too many, are there because their kids just dont want to be bothered even though they could.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Sigh - It was just a matter of time before one of your kind came along.

just do your part and stay away from each other as much as possible.

These Elderly People are dying on the inside - They would rather Die from Covid, and surrounded by family than die alone.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

Yaaa... but they arent surrounded by family are they? Family might come around a couple times a month, heck some never come around. So sad that so many would rather die than be placed in a nursing home.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   

These Elderly People are dying on the inside - They would rather Die from Covid, and surrounded by family than die alone.

I'm going to make a guess here.............

You've never actually visited in one of these homes?

The occupants are usually there because they either have no family OR

family that don't give a toss!

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   

A lot of older people are placed into nursing homes
because their children don't want to take care of them.
They're too busy living their own lives and don't want to
be burdened by their aging parents.
edit on 7-4-2020 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Jamie2018

Yaaa... but they arent surrounded by family are they? Family might come around a couple times a month, heck some never come around. So sad that so many would rather die than be placed in a nursing home.

True - Many of the Elderly are tossed aside to the nursing homes - IN WESTERN SOCIETIES.
I am Australian but not of English/European Decent, we don't toss aside our Elderly and visit them once a month.

So sad that so many would rather die than be placed in a nursing home.

I think this is an ignorant comment, I think, wait I know that the Elderly within my community would rather die on their feet, than die on their repressed knees.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I'm going to make a guess here.............

You've never actually visited in one of these homes?

The occupants are usually there because they either have no family OR

family that don't give a toss!

I worked in a Old Folks Home - as they call it in OZ. 1993 I worked as a cleaner part time while I was in Uni. Newmarket Brisbane - Been there done that.

These dear old souls were always excited to see me, because they were thrown away from their families, the ones who do have families are now being torn away from them with social distancing BS.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

# Dying from corvid, as things stand you have to die alone.....

thats the nature of the disease.

# Being of the vunerable (of that age group) I would not want ANY of

my family to be in my contagious presence, for their own benefit!!

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Sigh - It was just a matter of time before one of your kind came along.

just do your part and stay away from each other as much as possible.

Don't be so bloody stupid.

One sensationalised emotional piece and all of a sudden all old people would rather be dead??!!!

What a completely preposterous and disproportionate response to temporary restriction of movements.

"One of your kind...." What the type of person who errs on the side of caution just in case they DO kill someone!?!?!?!?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

You sound like an MSM Talking point - please have an original thought before posting again.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join