It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Pie Don McLean Full Length 1989 Video from Original 1971 72 Song

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
One of the most popular and longest pop songs - considered a classic - How does it sound in the light [or dark] of today.......

American Pie Don McLean Full Length 1989 Video from Original 1971 72 Song

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView
This song sauntered into my mind just recently....
No coincidence. My emotional state generates lyrics to songs I’ve heard. Up until now I never thought of it as a coping mechanism, so much as just being prescient to my state of mind.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

In the early 90's I went to a small art fair at night in CA. I don't remember what town but he was playing in the back corner of the fair. Just him and his guitar. Nobody seemed aware it was Don. It was me and maybe two other people cheering him on.

He didn't have any hits besides that one song. Maybe Starry Starry Night. I thought the crowd would pick up when he played American Pie but it didn't. I just thought wow, one of the most iconic songs of all time and I'm like 4ft away enjoying it taking it in. Never forget it.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Good song

If we’re playing long old ballads from back in the day .

I’ve got one

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView
I love this song , probably listen to it a few times per week.

Most of the music i love was made well before i was born.

CCR , Bob seger all that stuff.

My parents spoonfed me Pink floyd during long car trips i think there my "old taste" in music comes from.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You can't hear this song and not be moved by it. I was going through some of my 45s the other night and found my copy of this song - kids should be taught, or at least allowed to listen to this song in school.

new topics

top topics

join