It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ stopped paying unemployment?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
NJ stopped paying my fiancé’s unemployment. For some reason. She received her first deposit, 2nd and 3rd haven’t made it to her yet though. Is anyone else not receiving their benefits?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

People in PA that were laid off in the past few weeks are having trouble filing their claims and haven't been paid anything yet. I know them personally.
PA waived the 'waiting week' that a person normally has to wait before filing their claim.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the record #'s of claims submitted to NJ unemployment?

NJ says there are no substantive issues with unemployment claims. Our readers say differently

In the past two weeks, more than 360,000 submitted new claims. Put into perspective, that's about three-fourths of the entire total of weekly claims New Jerseyans submitted in all of 2019.

Either way I look at it, this pandemic event has SHTF written all over it to me.
edit on 3-4-2020 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The system here in New Jersey is overloaded, they are having people file by set times based on the last four digits of their SSN so I can imagine the basic functions are also overwhelmed.

This is what happens when you put 1/3 of the population out of work at once.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
After trying to apply for unemployment due to the pandemic in Michigan, I found out they are completely overwhelmed with new applicants and the Online system keeps freezing up.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

NY's unemployment fund will be empty in 2 months... so a bet that's about the time we get our Big Igloo then lol?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

Nothing really new there.
Same thing happened in 2009 when I tried to file.
Online crashes. Long phone waits. Lots of busy signals.
It was nerve wracking.
edit on Fri Apr 3 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: added busy signals

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
After trying to apply for unemployment due to the pandemic in Michigan, I found out they are completely overwhelmed with new applicants and the Online system keeps freezing up.

I got my application in fairly early, but as of right now, it's super slow logging into the system to check on the status. I don't think it will even get approved, but the relief can be direct deposited into my bank account from there. Lucky I had applied and got it over the summer, that case is active until June.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I successfully completed the online portion on Tuesday logging in at 2:00 AM, now , as far as getting my checks I’m not holding my breath!

a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm in KY and already got paid however, my friends in Ohio are screwed.

3 weeks in and their system is crashing and people aren't getting paid.

Apparently if you logged in to Ohio's unemployment system yesterday it said go get a job.

People are pissed.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I believe 2.5 million claims here in Mich in about 1 week I think it is

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Just looked for you. Mich went offline yesterday. System overload

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
I'm in KY and already got paid however, my friends in Ohio are screwed.

3 weeks in and their system is crashing and people aren't getting paid.

Apparently if you logged in to Ohio's unemployment system yesterday it said go get a job.

People are pissed.

My son filed a week ago last Monday in Ohio and still doesn't know if he's been approved or not. When he can get in it says pending.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
When I applied early last June it was late August before I got approved and got payments. I started back to work the day I got my first payment, and that was during normal operations, no overload of the system. I suspect it will take twice as long or longer this time around.
edit on 3-4-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Featured story on the local news in Houston yesterday Apr 3rd, State unemployment application website swamped and crashed , same for phone assistance lines. For days now ,I believe they said..

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
These assistance programs can get hung up real, real easy.

When I got on disability 4+ years ago, I was supposed to get a certain amount of backpay. I intended to use it to get my inventions off the ground, but probably should have known better..

Either way, I have received some of it, but not most. They tell me I am "not in compliance with the law" because I dont have direct deposit. I tell them that direct deposit is literally how I have received everything, including monthly payments.

So, stalemate.. I guess.

I assume its sitting in some account somewhere putting in work for somebody. I dont expect to ever see it.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
She received her second letter confirming her approval and start date for receiving payments, she got one for March 20, and then no benifits following. She just got a second letter saying she can collect starting April 6. So... what about the two week period in between?

a reply to: Serdgiam

edit on 5-4-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
She’s been approved, been filing claims which they have record of... but they haven’t released any funds to her still. Their phone number simply states to call back next business day if you call them at any time of day.

It’s becoming a real financial concern. What’s the point of this stimulus if they won’t provide us with the funds or any avenue for communication?

a reply to: choomsuba

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
She has been following all guidelines, making claims for weeks at appropriate times, they just don’t provide the check.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I dunno..

My own little update is that they are trying to kick me off medicaid & medicare because they didn't process the paperwork I sent in

They tell me "we didnt get the paperwork needed, etc." When I call, they say "oh yes, we actually DID get what we needed, we just didnt process it for some reason. Heres what YOU need to do to fix it." ETA: And, what I need to do is essentially send a letter describing the situation, and just "come on in" got some type of appointment (thats really tough for me, in the best times).

So.. These systems are laughably bad. So much so, one would be forgiven for thinking they are intentionally designed this way. Interestingly, it seems spurious cases tend to have an easier time.

The.. Third(?) time I was denied my disability claim was because, and I quote: I am partially ambulatory.
edit on 8-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join