It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemic, economy crashing, and Trump announces increase to war on drugs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: CriticalStinker

We can win this war! Just take all 50,000,000 out of work Americans, hand them a rifle and drop their asses into the coca fields.

Don't tease me with a good time.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

How the Fu## do they have time for a war on drugs?

We have a Supposed fu##ing pandemic on our hands....

Cleaning and loading guns NOW!

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Maybe he is using the drug problem as an excuse to bolster our presence on our ocean borders to prevent another Mariel boatlift. During the Carter administration, I think. He is closing all of our borders to human traffic.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Mariel boatlift was a mass emigration of Cubans, who traveled from Cuba's Mariel Harbor to the United States between 15 April and 31 October 1980. The term "Marielito" (plural "Marielitos") is used to refer to these refugees in both Spanish and English. While the exodus was triggered by a sharp downturn in the Cuban economy, it followed on the heels of generations of Cubans, who had emigrated to the United States in the preceding decades to search for political freedom and economic opportunities.

After 10,000 Cubans tried to gain asylum by taking refuge on the grounds of the Peruvian embassy, the Cuban government announced that anyone who wanted to leave could do so. The ensuing mass migration was organized by Cuban Americans, with the agreement of Cuban President Fidel Castro. The arrival of the refugees in the United States created political problems for US President Jimmy Carter. The Carter administration struggled to develop a consistent response to the immigrants, and many of the refugees had been released from jails and mental health facilities in Cuba.

The Mariel boatlift was ended by mutual agreement between the two governments in late October 1980. By then, as many as 125,000 Cubans had reached Florida.

edit on 1-4-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yes. Who the # cares about coc aine imports during this pandemic? Why didn't they do something years ago?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
The economy is not crashing.

Baghdad Bob Covid Carl rides again...

Covid Carl, the new moniker of delusion.
edit on 4/1/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Fond of Fascism Freddie.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Wall street has had a worse dip than the beginning of 08'.

We just had the worst week for new unemployment ever.

We find out monthly unemployment soon.

2 trillion bill just passed, next one is being worked on.

I can't see how anyone would say we're thriving.

I didn't say that so don't be a dufus. What I said was some industries are in fact doing well. I know because I am in one of them. We are doing great. Probably the best we have ever done. Even if it wasn't screw it. Complaining and crying about it is not going to do a damn thing. Go deliver a pizza, groceries. Go wash cars house to house. It's people like you that feed off this defeatism mentality. There are other ways. It may not be what you like or want but there is a way to earn income. I don't do it anymore but one month, I earned close to 1K screwing around online doing survey panels.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Wall street has had a worse dip than the beginning of 08'.

We just had the worst week for new unemployment ever.

We find out monthly unemployment soon.

2 trillion bill just passed, next one is being worked on.

I can't see how anyone would say we're thriving.

I didn't say that so don't be a dufus. What I said was some industries are in fact doing well. I know because I am in one of them. We are doing great. Probably the best we have ever done. Even if it wasn't screw it. Complaining and crying about it is not going to do a damn thing. Go deliver a pizza, groceries. Go wash cars house to house. It's people like you that feed off this defeatism mentality. There are other ways. It may not be what you like or want but there is a way to earn income. I don't do it anymore but one month, I earned close to 1K screwing around online doing survey panels.

You've tried to claim that before about surveys, so let's try the questions again.

Which panels, or are you going to stay quiet on that when approached again? I'm on a variety of them myself, have been for around 15 years, and frequent a survey oriented forum. NOBODY has ever come close to a grand a month, it's nigh impossible to do that many. Believe me, folks, he's full of crap -- I've tried for a long time with many others doing the same, the max cap anyone can manage is $100 a week going full steam on multiple panels. Even doing academic surveys (on a panel for that) don't add up that fast, and mock trials (also on a panel for that) don't crack $25 per at best. And despite the good payout, you are not getting enough mock trials to come close to a grand in a month, lol.
edit on 4/1/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: burdman30ott6

A problem that obviously American citizens wanted?

Who is buying the drugs? The cartels? There's a demand, and someone is meeting that demand. The problem is just as much within' American as it is outside of it. Does prohibition ever come into your mind in these sort of situations? Wanna go over alcohol related deaths?

News flash, Strong... I'm on record as opposing the War on Drugs.
Personal choices have consequences. In my opinion we should have a national "Do not rescuscitate" law on overdoses and allow this self correcting problem to self correct. Black tar heroin should be an over the counter drug which removes the issue of dealers, and let those who want to off themselves with it do so. I'm nothing if not consistent in my position that freedom should equal freedom and life's natural consequences should not be governed against (including these ridiculous Coronavirus lockdowns and infringements). The government shouldn't be in the business of saving people from themselves, period.

This

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I'm not supporting it, I'm mocking the thought process behind it and mocking how stupid people who support the government saving people from their own choices are.

Fair enough.

I'm against almost all the spending measures.

The one thing that has happened recently I'd typically be in support of is the infrastructure attention... But again, timing isn't really the best right now.

We are going to need those jobs later though. High paying infrastructure jobs would look great in a few months.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   

You said.

The economy is not crashing. Many industries still open and even thriving in this environment. It's hobbling pretty good but it's still moving along.

But, if you look at metrics, it's not easy to downplay the condition the economy is in... Or at least what signals it's sending.

Complaining and crying about it is not going to do a damn thing. Go deliver a pizza, groceries. Go wash cars house to house. It's people like you that feed off this defeatism mentality.

My job is unaffected and will likely remain that way.

I'm "complaining"... Because our employees are blowing our money. I'm also furious they're doing so on everything except what they are claiming is such a big threat.

They say corona is a huge threat, big enough they have to shut down whole areas.... Then they focus on the following

2 trillion to economic stimulus
2 trillion for next phase of above with infrastructure
War on drugs

It's ridiculous. Happy your work is going great, but that doesn't mean our employees aren't running the country into the ground.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I'm not supporting it, I'm mocking the thought process behind it and mocking how stupid people who support the government saving people from their own choices are.

Fair enough.

I'm against almost all the spending measures.

The one thing that has happened recently I'd typically be in support of is the infrastructure attention... But again, timing isn't really the best right now.

We are going to need those jobs later though. High paying infrastructure jobs would look great in a few months.

I agree, they may very well be a lifeline for many in times to come.

At the expense of sounding negative though, I don't know if they'll be high paying. Seeing as this and the last couple of admins have been more concerned about the health of corporations, my guess is the contracts will be given to companies "in need". They'll in turn give people jobs, but they'll probably pay the industry minimum.... Something something, times are tough, you're just lucky to have a job.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I say capture them all and seize their fortunes. Pay for the next phase of stimulus with their cash alone. Then sell off assets and pay for another.

Isht, either open the economy back up with wartime production or keep the looting at bay with stimulus checks paid for by the cartels, and I will sign up to raid Cartel compounds in Mexico. Just start me off with a semi automatic rifle to get things rolling and put me with the cannon fodder.

"Boys we raid el Chapos luxury ranch at dawn, prepare the mad max fleet of junk yard desert vehicles! We eat tonight!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: HelloboysImbackguy

I say capture them all and seize their fortunes. Pay for the next phase of stimulus with their cash alone. Then sell off assets and pay for another.

Isht, either open the economy back up with wartime production or keep the looting at bay with stimulus checks paid for by the cartels, and I will sign up to raid Cartel compounds in Mexico. Just start me off with a semi automatic rifle to get things rolling and put me with the cannon fodder.

"Boys we raid el Chapos luxury ranch at dawn, prepare the mad max fleet of junk yard desert vehicles! We eat tonight!!!

That wont happen.
What will happen is that the government will pretend to fight against the cartels while stealing more of our money. At the same time they will put american citizens in prison because they don't like what we do with our own bodies.

The war on drugs has never worked and it isn't going to now ether. It's always just been a cover for the governments to take from the people. Not surprising that it's being ramped up at this time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join