It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemic, economy crashing, and Trump announces increase to war on drugs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So after hearing about phase three in trillions, the starting of phase four stimulus bill...

Tonight Trump starts a corona update with by saying we're going to increase the war on drugs.

You can't make this sh** up. They're laughing about blowing your money now. They'll blow it at the chance of good press or a distraction.

The one thing they won't however spend money on right now, is actually any effort to combat this (in any way that measures their spending thus far).

This is all a joke. Clown world.

And in November, everyone will forget to tow their lines... Both of which have sold you out. They use your money to pad the pockets of corporations and their contributors.

They don't give a sh** about you.
edit on 1-4-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

CS...Are you saying we shouldn't be stopping the cartels shipping drugs into the country during this pandemic?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

CS...Are you saying we shouldn't be stopping the cartels shipping drugs into the country during this pandemic?

Maybe that's not the most pressing matter when the economy is crashing, and there is a pandemic they are shutting parts of our nation down for.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Venezuela is being muscled into submission. "Narco - terrorism" is your next enemy America, go with it or else.
Is this why the wall was being pushed so hard?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

70,000 drug overdose deaths per year in US

If we're going to lock the entire country down, piss on Constitutional Rights, and bend the economy over in the name of a virus that's killed 5,000 Americans in the past few months you honestly expect any of us to give a rat's hairy ass about actions taken in the name of a problem that killed 70,000 Americans? LOL! Welcome to your new reality... apparently anything that causes American deaths will be front and center and they WILL save you from yourself.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, obviously, they're virtue signaling that they care about Americans dying from drugs. They really just want to spend money on a war that's been failing for decades, like a few other wars we have going on.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

A problem that obviously American citizens wanted?

Who is buying the drugs? The cartels? There's a demand, and someone is meeting that demand. The problem is just as much within' American as it is outside of it. Does prohibition ever come into your mind in these sort of situations? Wanna go over alcohol related deaths?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

A problem that obviously American citizens wanted?

Who is buying the drugs? The cartels? There's a demand, and someone is meeting that demand. The problem is just as much within' American as it is outside of it. Does prohibition ever come into your mind in these sort of situations? Wanna go over alcohol related deaths?

News flash, Strong... I'm on record as opposing the War on Drugs.
Personal choices have consequences. In my opinion we should have a national "Do not rescuscitate" law on overdoses and allow this self correcting problem to self correct. Black tar heroin should be an over the counter drug which removes the issue of dealers, and let those who want to off themselves with it do so. I'm nothing if not consistent in my position that freedom should equal freedom and life's natural consequences should not be governed against (including these ridiculous Coronavirus lockdowns and infringements). The government shouldn't be in the business of saving people from themselves, period.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I'm not supporting it, I'm mocking the thought process behind it and mocking how stupid people who support the government saving people from their own choices are.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I'm not supporting it, I'm mocking the thought process behind it and mocking how stupid people who support the government saving people from their own choices are.

Fair enough.

I'm against almost all the spending measures.

The one thing that has happened recently I'd typically be in support of is the infrastructure attention... But again, timing isn't really the best right now.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Yea.. because that has worked really well the past 30-40 years or so...

But sure.. THIS time will be totally different.
edit on 1-4-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

This is all a joke. Clown world.

Vote in a clown, you get a circus.

The only thing I’m surprised about is how long it took him to get around to something as stupid as this.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So I'm seeing that the military is deploying more ships in the Caribbean to interdict stepped up drug shipments that their intelligence tells them that cartels are doing under the confusion of the CV pandemic.

These forces are already at sea...why not use them there?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The economy is not crashing. Many industries still open and even thriving in this environment. It's hobbling pretty good but it's still moving along.

The longer it goes people will adapt. Low skill will find the low skill lanes that are paying. High skill can either hunker down, dip into savings or find something else, even a step or two down. Big deal. That is life get over it.

I have always hated the defeatism and woah as me mentality. Maybe stop doing that for 5 minutes and start delivering food or groceries and create your own damn circumstances for once. Bunch of panzies. Nobody owes you crap in this life. Go buy a fishing rod and dig up some worms.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I agree. Stop giving the government power over what we choose to put in our bodies. All these years with the war on drugs and cartels are still a huge issue.

The war on drugs seems to hurt citizens the most. Such as legal pot companies being harassed by the feds.
The CIA being in bed with criminal drug organizations. And citizens getting ridiculous sentences for possession.

Legalize drugs and that will end a majority of criminal activity.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Wall street has had a worse dip than the beginning of 08'.

We just had the worst week for new unemployment ever.

We find out monthly unemployment soon.

2 trillion bill just passed, next one is being worked on.

I can't see how anyone would say we're thriving.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
The economy is not crashing.

Baghdad Bob rides again...

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Jesus, this is the most cringe worthy press conference I’ve ever seen. These people are monsters. They’re standing up there with fake tough guy faces and rhetoric acting like they’re really “fighting” something.

I thought we had moved on from the stupidity of the 70’s and 80’s drug war rhetoric and here we are in a flashback to the days when Nixon started the drug war to take down the blacks and hippies.

Then we have Reagan who escalated the war on drugs while being complicit in smuggling tons of blow into the country. And will you look at that, the man who got him off the hook for it is standing right next to Trump, William Barr.

Oh the irony.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

We can win this war! Just take all 50,000,000 out of work Americans, hand them a rifle and drop their asses into the coca fields.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I don't know what's more cringy.

The fact they think Americans are so scared we won't notice they are just blowing money and trying to distract us...

Or that they're right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join