It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 Calculator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hello,

COVID-19 Calculator
COVID-19 Calculator

If you want to test some numbers out... Scroll down 3/4 of the page in the link.

Are we flattening the curve? Use the sliders below to work out the projected path and impact of the outbreak. Default values reflect current case numbers and daily growth rate.

Essentially the link has some sliders you can use for your own country. It's all quite self explanatory.

Australia has around 94,000 hospital beds and 2,229 ICU beds
*exceeds regular capacity by 2005 beds

Hospitalisation and death rates use latest low-end estimates from US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as of March 24. 20.7% for hospitalisation, 4.9% for ICU and 1.8% fatality. Death rates are likely to increase if ICU capacity is exceeded. Deaths from other causes will also increase if ICU are blocked by COVID-19 cases. Australia hospital capacity as of 2018 sourced from Australian Institute of Health and Welfare.

Have fun with it.

From the calculator it appears that Australia might run out of ICU beds in about 17-18 days or so. Australia would run out of hospital beds in about 31-32 days. All of this with an estimated growth rate of 17%.

Have fun playing with that calculator....
edit on 27-3-2020 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So i just used this calculator and it scared the crap out of me. I'm not going to vote in these elections today. Hah. Goodluck.

new topics

join